Can you Cheat a spleep apenia test?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Janknitz

Re: Can you Cheat a spleep apenia test?

Post by Janknitz » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:12 am

Plus trying to rip off the system because you apparently don't want to diet and exercise like the rest of us do is not very admirable, so I doubt if you'll get that much help here.
Julie, I usually appreciate your posts, but this is just RUDE. Show me ONE obese person in this entire universe who hasn't tried diet and exercise. Most people are told to eat less--works in the short term while it destroys your metabolism and sets off massive cravings and binges that cause greater weight gain, and to exercise more--constant cardio fuels hunger. It's a recipe for failure.

There are ways to work WITH the metabolism to increase fat burning and decrease hunger, cravings, control blood sugar and insulin levels, and proper exercises (high intensity, low frequency resistant exercises) to revv up metabolism instead of slowing it down. But most "experts" totally miss the boat and only succeed in helping obese people get fatter and sicker in the long term, while feeling like failures for not succeeding when success is not possible with this baseless advice to eat less and move more.

Obesity is a metabolic disorder, not a moral failure. If properly treated with competent metabolic intervention, there's a good chance for improvement. But shaming someone who already has lost all hope is just rude.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

library lady

Post by library lady » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:07 pm

I'm chiming in to say that with arthritis in my feet and ankles, I have found that the best exercise for me is walking in the current channel at the Y - AGAINST the current. I can do it for a full 30 minutes without stopping, whereas if I'm walking on a track or the sidewalk, 10 minutes is usually when I have to stop briefly to rest my feet, especially since arthritis in other joints starts to flare up at that point as well. It could help many people who otherwise would have trouble getting a 30 minute walk in each day. Not all pools and exercise centers have a current pool, but if you can find one it's worth a try. Even water walking without benefit of a current channel is easier than walking on a track or outside.

OP: as others have said, you can't fake it while you're asleep, and the machines and wires will tell them if you're asleep or not.

Now using AirFit F10 mask; Quattro Air is backup mask. RemZzzz mask liners with both.

purple

Post by purple » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Not sure why insurance relates getting lap band being a treatment for having sleep apnea. I know I will have apnea no matter what my weight is.

If the goal is to do what the lap band surgery will do for you. My sister in law got a lap band. From what I see, anyone who is on the diet that comes with a lap band is likely to lose weight. Perhaps save yourself the pain, suffering of surgery, get a copy of the diet associated with lap band surgery. Give it a try. Might be that you will decide that diet is so unpleasant, you will never want lap band surgery.

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:24 pm

Janknitz - Apart from the fact you just misinterpreted what I said, I said it over two years ago and I don't know what was on my mind then and can't possibly defend it here now, but I think I must have had some rationale for saying what I did at the time. But I'll say again that because I know myself, you really did misinterpret things. Maybe stick to critiqueing up to date stuff?

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:54 pm

Another prime example of why old posts should be READ ONLY! Context and times change. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:03 pm

Goofproof: +100

archangle

Post by archangle » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:24 pm

purple wrote:Not sure why insurance relates getting lap band being a treatment for having sleep apnea. I know I will have apnea no matter what my weight is.

If the goal is to do what the lap band surgery will do for you. My sister in law got a lap band. From what I see, anyone who is on the diet that comes with a lap band is likely to lose weight. Perhaps save yourself the pain, suffering of surgery, get a copy of the diet associated with lap band surgery. Give it a try. Might be that you will decide that diet is so unpleasant, you will never want lap band surgery.
In theory, the difference is that with the lap band, you aren't hungry all the time. If you ate the lap band diet without the band, you'd be hungry all the time.

That's the theory. A number of people I've met who had the lap band did lose weight without being hungry all the time. However, one dear friend died from the surgery.

Last edited by archangle on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

49er

Post by 49er » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:21 am

That's the theory. A number of people I've met who had the lap band did lose weight without being hungry all the time. However, one dear friend died from the surgery.
I am so sorry to hear that archangle. I can't imagine experiencing that.

49er

nphillips26

Post by nphillips26 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:54 pm

It is unlikely, with your lazy attitude, that your lap band will work for long either. You will be one of those that gets the surgery and then is at the store buying high cal food. Seen it a lot. People that were in the ICU recovering the previous weeks were in the store buying tons of sodas, cheese, frozen foods, sausages, and no healthy food. You will save money and time if you ate better and walked to the bus a few times a week on the way to work. I am sure you are a fun person to work with, too sick or tired to do anything productive. Marry a military guy for the free healthcare while you are at it. Just be a sponge all the way while you are at it.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:10 pm

Spleep Apnea?
Clumsy thumbsy!
--or auto-IN-correct.

cpaptorture

Post by cpaptorture » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:23 am

You don't have to cheat. If you go for the test you WILL have apnea. Noone is ever told they don't have it. I DON'T have it but am required to take the test to keep my job and of coarse they subscribed me one of these midevil torture devices. It should be perfectly legal to kill anyone who forces one of these useless pieces of crap on you , but I know all Im gonna here is from the SHEOPLE that have convinced themselves that it actually helps.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:42 am

cpaptorture wrote:You don't have to cheat. If you go for the test you WILL have apnea. Noone is ever told they don't have it. I DON'T have it but am required to take the test to keep my job and of coarse they subscribed me one of these midevil torture devices. It should be perfectly legal to kill anyone who forces one of these useless pieces of crap on you , but I know all Im gonna here is from the SHEOPLE that have convinced themselves that it actually helps.
far from the most imaginative trolling I've seen lately.

C- though you do get a little credit for at least having a *little* punctuation.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

cancun

Post by cancun » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:17 am

cpaptorture wrote:You don't have to cheat. If you go for the test you WILL have apnea. Noone is ever told they don't have it. I DON'T have it but am required to take the test to keep my job and of coarse they subscribed me one of these midevil torture devices. It should be perfectly legal to kill anyone who forces one of these useless pieces of crap on you , but I know all Im gonna here is from the SHEOPLE that have convinced themselves that it actually helps.
Not true, I had the test four years ago and did not have apnea.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 am

I had a "sleep test" over twenty five years ago, which pronounced me to have no apnea,
but it was only an EEG while sedated, and I was in an HMO,
which had a vested interest in denying me TREATMENT to restore my HEALTH.
Wade out of your denial, and use the "torture device"--or change careers
BEFORE YOU KILL SOMEBODY, like maybe a busload of children!

Krelvin

Post by Krelvin » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:55 am

Last post before the Unregistered Troll to this thread was: Aug 22, 2014
Current Settings PS 4.0 over 10.6-18.0 (cmH2O) - Resmed S9 VPAP Auto w/h5i Humidifier - Quattro Air FFM
TNET Sleep Resource Pages - CPAP Machine Database
Put your equip in your Signature - SleepyHead v1.0.0-beta-1
Kevin... alias Krelvin