Anyone know what is the meaning of SLA?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kellybbrman

Anyone know what is the meaning of SLA?

Post by kellybbrman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:25 am

ANyone knows what is SLA and what is it actually for, i read it online something about service level agreement but i still do not understand it

RJames

Re: Anyone know what is the meaning of SLA?

Post by RJames » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:13 am

In the IT industry it refers to "Service level agreement" or in other words, if I lease a machine from you, you promise me it will operate at a given level (usually in %) or I have recourse for refund or other default compensation..

So, if I rent a computer from you, and you promise 100% uptime, if it goes down or fails to operate, you are going to refund me X% of my rental fees or compensate me in some pre-arranged method.. The level of service (or promised up time) and level of compensation (amount of refund) are established in the SLA (contract)..

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:07 am

Is this how DME's justify the ungodly rental rates?
If so, they should spread out the cost (and coverage) over 5 years, until you can get a new machine.
--just a suggestion.

jmcanzo

Post by jmcanzo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 am

I work in IT. The company I work for has an agreement with our customers, that when they report a problem with the equipment we have x amount of time to resolve the issue. Each incident has a priority 1 being the highest and 4 the lowest. There is an agreed amount of time in the contract as to how long each priority has, this is the SLA or Service Level Agreement. If I as a tech do not resolve the incident in the allotted amount of time it is considered an SLA Breach. My company can then be charged by the customer for the SLA Breach. The amount charged can be in the $1000's of dollars, so it is something I never want to do.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:29 pm

In the battery world, SLA is a sealed lead acid battery...

Chuck Connors

Post by Chuck Connors » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Symbionese Liberation Army. It's not a recommended treatment option for CPAPers.