Sleep/Wake on Sleepyhead reports

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sallym

Sleep/Wake on Sleepyhead reports

Post by sallym » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:43 pm

I have looked all over and have not been able to find any information on how to read the sleep/wake times shown on the daily Sleepyhead reports. If I am reading them correctly I am not sleeping much at all.... if the report indicates 0:59 sleep and 06:45 wake I assume that means 59 minutes of sleep time and 6hrs 45mins of wake time... but most days it reads something like 23:26 for the sleep time... I'm certainly not sleeping for 23plus hours when I've used the machine for approx 7 hrs... if you can help me make sense of this I would really appreciate it. Would also like to know what a desirable ratio of sleep/wake time would be, if there is such a thing. Finally, is there anywhere to find info on how to interpret other data on the report and what numbers other than AHI are most important to monitor?
Thanks much for any info you can share.

SleepyToo2

Re: Sleep/Wake on Sleepyhead reports

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Sleep is the time you turned on the machine (or it turned on if you have auto on turned on). Wake is the time the machine turned off (or you turned it off). There may be some errors in the clock on your machine, so the time may not match the actual clock. The machine does not know the time you are actually sleeping (without a brain lead), although in my case I see a change in breathing patterns when I am sleeping.

sallym

Post by sallym » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

SleepyToo2...thanks...that makes a lot more sense... appreciate the clarification.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:21 pm

It sounds like the "clock" is reporting "military" time. 00:59 would be 12:59 AM. 06:45 was probably 6:45 AM indicating you were using your PAP for 5 hours and 46 minutes. 23:26 would indicate that you turned your PAP on at 11:26 PM.

A day starts at 12:01 AM (00:01) and continues for 24 hours. Noon = 12:00 PM. 1:00 PM would be 13:00. Midnight would be 24:00.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

shb

Post by shb » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:08 am

To measure the times of SLEEP and WAKE .... And other sleep stages too. You need a ZEO. it measures brain waves.
The data from which can be loaded into SH (though I am personally having some trouble with that).

Shb