Is the slimline hose setting used for the climateline?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sister

Is the slimline hose setting used for the climateline?

Post by sister » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi, a few weeks ago I got a new climateline hose for my S9.Do I change any settings on the machine or just leave it on slimline?It doesn't seem as though it's much warmer than the regular hose.
Thanks so much.

Elle

Re: Is the slimline hose setting used for the climateline?

Post by Elle » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

You're right. The climateline is set on "slimline". I was confused about that too.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:17 pm

My machine automatically recognizes the Climateline, due to the electronic interface with the blower.
If the screen does not indicate this, there may be a problem.
Be sure the electrical part of the humidifier to hose connection is rotated fully together.
It will not need to be forced.

sleepnationtv

Post by sleepnationtv » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:45 am

THe machine should recognize the climateline if it is attached correctly. Then you will have the option to set the hose temperature where you normally would have changed the humidity level.

Here is a video that walks you through it. http://www.cpaplibrary.com/machine-education
Dane Schapper, Founder cpaplibrary.com
Check out the cpaplibrary video bloghttp://www.cpaplibrary.com

Elle

Post by Elle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:03 am

I'm curious (still learning about my machine). Does the machine always adjust according to the temperature? I have set my temperature but have also set my humidity at 5. After reading here I am wondering if the humidity level ignores that I set it at 5 and will give a level that correlates with the temp.?

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:57 am

Elle wrote:I'm curious (still learning about my machine). Does the machine always adjust according to the temperature? I have set my temperature but have also set my humidity at 5. After reading here I am wondering if the humidity level ignores that I set it at 5 and will give a level that correlates with the temp.?
You need to set the level yourself.

Elle

Post by Elle » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks Sheriff Buford.

sister

Post by sister » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 am

Thanks so much everyone,I don't think it was attached correctly because I now have a temp setting and it was much warmer last night.
Thanks again for all your help!!!
Problem seems to be solved!!!!
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!!!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:23 am

I had to go to the clinician's menu to set the humidity to "patient"
I then set the humidity to "manual".
I can now set the climate control and the humidity separately.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:09 am

Elle wrote:I'm curious (still learning about my machine). Does the machine always adjust according to the temperature? I have set my temperature but have also set my humidity at 5. After reading here I am wondering if the humidity level ignores that I set it at 5 and will give a level that correlates with the temp.?
Elle - If you have Climate Control enabled in your settings, the machine will choose the humidity level at 80% to prevent rainout, based on the ambient temperature and the temperature you select on the S9. If you disable Climate Control, you can set the humidity yourself at 0, 1, 2, etc. up to 5.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:14 am

Thanks Randy, My machine must have been set that way when I got it because I have been able to adjust temp and humidity. I was just curious after reading this thread and finding out that there was an auto adjust and wondered whether my setting my humidity at 5 would be cancelled out.

I can't believe the free education I am getting from this forum.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 am

Elle wrote:Thanks Randy, My machine must have been set that way when I got it because I have been able to adjust temp and humidity. I was just curious after reading this thread and finding out that there was an auto adjust and wondered whether my setting my humidity at 5 would be cancelled out.

I can't believe the free education I am getting from this forum.
If you use your S9 with Climate Control off, you could still theoretically get rainout if the room is very cold. If you want to enable Climate Control and can't figure it out, I can tell you how to do it.

I have Climate Control enabled on my S9; I only set the temperature and am comfortable. Have never had rainout. Some people prefer more humidiity than the Climate Control gives them at 80%; it's a comfort issue.

Elle

Post by Elle » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 am

Thanks Randy, I am happy with 5 and don't have rainout with a fairly cold room. I need more humidity.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:33 am

RandyJ wrote:If you use your S9 with Climate Control off, you could still theoretically get rainout if the room is very cold.
I had been using the Auto setting where I just set the temp to 80 degreesand let the machine do its thing to 80% humidity thing. Wee bit of dry nasal passages but not horrible.
So after reading about the dual adjustments of temp and humidifier setting I decided to try setting temp and humidity 2 nights ago.
I like lots of moisture so humidifier set to 5 and temp to 80 degrees the first night...air was a wee bit too warm. So last night turned temp down to 74 and left the humidifier at 5. Left all the windows open in the house....woke up to 44 degrees....Brrrrr....absolutely zero rain out though. No barrel cozy used either because I am testing some Bella Loop covers and didn't want anything else clouding the results. No cover on the hose either.

So at least at 74 degrees and a really cold bedroom....zero rain out even with using the higher humidifier setting.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RandyJ

Post by RandyJ » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:45 am

Pugsy wrote: So last night turned temp down to 74 and left the humidifier at 5. Left all the windows open in the house....woke up to 44 degrees....Brrrrr....absolutely zero rain out though. No barrel cozy used either because I am testing some Bella Loop covers and didn't want anything else clouding the results. No cover on the hose either.

So at least at 74 degrees and a really cold bedroom....zero rain out even with using the higher humidifier setting.
74? Wow... I've never set the temp for less than 82 degrees. Is it worth having a heated hose if you're going to set it that low?

I'm using setting of 84 lately and it feels good.