Cankar sores from cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RandyJ

Re: Cankar sores from cpap

Post by RandyJ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:44 am

A dentist/dr can give you a prescription for Kenalog dental paste. It can be applied to ulcers inside the mouth (like canker sores) and helps them to heal faster. Best used at bedtime.

Alt masks Swift FX pillows, Mirage FX nasal mask, Mirage Quattro full face mask

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Sometimes I notice a lesion opposite a rough spot of crud I missed while brushing.
A little extra time spattering the mirror helps a lot.

JHZR2

Post by JHZR2 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:01 am

I have experienced sores in my mouth twice in a two month period, since getting a full face mask (F20) instead of an over mouth mask with pillows. Me overtightening it isn't out of the question!

My inner, lower lip/mouth area, the flesh that covers the lower part of the teeth, lower than the lip itself, tends to rub the two canine teeth in the lower jaw, and since they are a bit pointy, I guess they can start to inflame the points where they rub.

Usually it's a small irritation for a few days, then a big round ulcer with a white center (same to me as a canker sore), then it heals. But it can take two weeks with decent lymph node inflammation before it heals. Not pleasant. I sleep on my sides exclusively which doesn't help with the rub point. The side I sleep more on is the side that gets worse sores, because of the pressure of mask/tooth/flesh/pillow.

But I'm really liking the full face over nasal pillows, so...

And I need the f20 as I have an air mini for travel.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:45 pm

JHZR2 wrote:a big round ulcer with a white center (same to me as a canker sore), then it heals. But it can take two weeks with decent lymph node inflammation before it heals. Not pleasant.
Get a dentist or doctor to prescribe Triamcinolone Acetonide Paste. It reduces inflammation. Apply it twice per day. If application starts soon after a sore is discovered, healing will be quick. http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-75280 ... al/details