cpap.com customer service

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Elle

cpap.com customer service

Post by Elle » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Is the best EVER. I am in Canada and so it would be easier and cheaper for shipping to buy here but cpap.com always has great customer service. I just had an error in an order and they went above and beyond. I am impressed.

Just got my Aloha and tried it out and it is heavenly.....will report back after a night's sleep but damn this thing is feather light but still secure and solid feeling.

Uncle_Bob

Re: cpap.com customer service

Post by Uncle_Bob » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:50 pm

I agree. Every so often there can be mistakes. They have gone above and beyond for me too

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Yes they are great.
I reversed the digits in the credit card and they were so nice about it and didn't make me feel like a total twit about it.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

mindy

Post by mindy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Agree with all of the above. cpap.com is absolutely delightful to deal with!

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:46 pm

Just curious, but where did you get the idea it's cheaper to buy here?

There's only one Canadian dealer I'm aware of that matches US prices - all the rest are much, much higher!

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi Julie, I meant cheaper shipping. We pay $17. to have something shipped to Canada. Some Canadian sites offer free shipping and a couple (will not advertise here) were comparable prices but not great customer service. I will always go where the company wants to keep me as a customer.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:18 pm

Seconded.
I want to pick my Medicare supplement on who processes out of network claims with cpap.com in decent time--
(sure as heck won't be BCBS--
(They are so slow, I don't even know if they've LOOKED at stuff I sent them in JANUARY)

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:39 pm

on the other side of the coin, i had a question about a mask and was going to buy a cushion and use cpap.com for the first time. i sent in an on-line question during closed hours. two days later i ordered from a competitor that answered my question in an on-line chat and had my cushion 2 days later at the same price. that was a couple weeks ago and i'm still waiting for the answer that i no longer need from cpap.com. i have insurance and very seldom buy out of pocket on line so that may very well be their one and only bite of my apple. sorry, stuff happens.

you can tell me it was an exception, but to me i tried once and they didn't reply once.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:51 pm

greatunclebill wrote:on the other side of the coin, i had a question about a mask and was going to buy a cushion and use cpap.com for the first time. i sent in an on-line question during closed hours. two days later i ordered from a competitor that answered my question in an on-line chat and had my cushion 2 days later at the same price. that was a couple weeks ago and i'm still waiting for the answer that i no longer need from cpap.com. i have insurance and very seldom buy out of pocket on line so that may very well be their one and only bite of my apple. sorry, stuff happens.

you can tell me it was an exception, but to me i tried once and they didn't reply once.
Me, I would rather buy from the people I know then expect fast service during off hours. Many you sent it to the wrong address. Speed is not everything and in the long run it will cost money to provide 24/7 customer service.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:04 pm

BlackSpinner wrote:
greatunclebill wrote:on the other side of the coin, i had a question about a mask and was going to buy a cushion and use cpap.com for the first time. i sent in an on-line question during closed hours. two days later i ordered from a competitor that answered my question in an on-line chat and had my cushion 2 days later at the same price. that was a couple weeks ago and i'm still waiting for the answer that i no longer need from cpap.com. i have insurance and very seldom buy out of pocket on line so that may very well be their one and only bite of my apple. sorry, stuff happens.

Me, I would rather buy from the people I know then expect fast service during off hours. Many you sent it to the wrong address. Speed is not everything and in the long run it will cost money to provide 24/7 customer service.
i'm not gonna debate, i was just commenting. no need to defend them. i used their own on-line send a message thing so chances are very good it went to the right place. i paid the same price for the cushion. i wasn't expecting fast service during off hours, but i was expecting an answer the next day and like i said it never did come. the market is very competitive and i demand, yes demand, better than i got. it's over, i'm over it. i was just commenting a bad comment in a line of good comments to be fair.

the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:10 pm

Even though they don't answer the phone on weekends, they have better hours than the local guys--and way better prices.

mindy

Post by mindy » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:56 am

It sounds like UncleBill had a poor experience. That happens and I don't blame him for not wanting another bite of the apple. Personally I'm happy with cpap.com but no company is going to leave everyone happy. I wouldn't want to see us jump on people for not agreeing (I'm not saying that's happening but my impression is that UncleBill may feel that way). Long live diverse views and opinions

Mindy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
--- Author unknown

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:54 am

mindy wrote:It sounds like UncleBill had a poor experience. That happens and I don't blame him for not wanting another bite of the apple. Personally I'm happy with cpap.com but no company is going to leave everyone happy. I wouldn't want to see us jump on people for not agreeing (I'm not saying that's happening but my impression is that UncleBill may feel that way). Long live diverse views and opinions

Mindy
i understand who hosts the forum and how that will tend to draw positive comments for the store. i get that. i wasn't particularly bothered by what happened one way or the other. i'm like donald duck, big flat feet and don't give a quack... i would have never started a thread complaining about them. but i did see this thread and opened it. i did see all positive comments and decided to balance it with my thoughts. it is healthy for a company to hear all sides.

i normally get my stuff from my dme because tricare pays 80%. that's a no brainer. this story starts when i needed a new apap and had to pay out of pocket because of the 5 yr thing. i bought it out of pocket from a competitor before i ever heard of this place and was extremely pleased. i also decided to buy a couple cushions out of pocket so went to my favorite for the first one and had it 2 calendar days later. 2 wks later i decided to get the second one. my favorite place didn't carry it. so i tried here first and you know that story. i then went to a third place and had that cushion in 2 days. this week i decided to buy an oximeter. i didn't go to any of these places, i went to an on-line store that specializes in oximeters and got a super price. it too is taking about 2 days. now that i'm up to speed with my stuff, chances are real good that i will never buy another thing from any of these places out of pocket and will rely on my dme. in 10 yrs on cpap i never spent a dime out of pocket before this and don't plan to spend another one. this was just a weird time and chain of events.

thank you for commenting, thank all of you for commenting. the contents of this thread are but one small part of the overall apnea experience and this forum. thank you cpap.com for providing a place and thank all of you posters for making it what it is, a good place for us to discuss our similar problems and situations with similar people.

Last edited by greatunclebill on Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
First diagnosed 1990

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:03 am

Hey, I had to go to a competitor because our hosts don't carry a recording pulse-ox --and I wanted one.
I still get email from the other guys, and they will fill out Medicare claims. No one has everything.

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:50 am

Greatunclebill, There's no way to know if my experience is at all relevant to yours, but the one time I put in a query to cpap.com through the online form, their response landed in my ISP's spam folder - it never even got to my computer. I just happened to find it when I did my weekly clean-out of the online spam folder. If I hadn't been in the habit of doing that, I'd have never known a response was given.

This has happened with other online retailers too. I'm not sure what it is that triggers the ISP's spam filter. Spam filters just seem to have a mind of their own sometimes.

Anyway, again, not sure this is relevant to your situation but thought I'd add my experience. The important thing is you did find a successful source for the item you needed!