Anti-snore shirt

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepingDVader

Anti-snore shirt

Post by SleepingDVader » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:37 am

Hello all, I've recently learned of a shirt that is used to stop you from snoring and understand that it has helped some folks with apnea issues. Maybe some of you have heard of it, I haven't but found it to be interesting. Has anyone here tried it and what do you think? http://www.antisnoreshirt.com/Anti_Snore_Shirt_p/ts.htm

SleepyToo2

Re: Anti-snore shirt

Post by SleepyToo2 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:44 am

A variation on the old tennis ball in the PJs trick. I presume you put a rolled-up towel in each of the "slots" to make it uncomfortable? Putting a tennis ball in each of them would be very uncomfortable, I would think. I would test it out using a home-built version before spending $85 or so on something that may not work.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:44 pm

Unless your apnea is a hundred percent positional--on your back--not likely any no-roll device will help enough.
My sweetie was told if he could stay off his back, it would prevent most of his apneas.
This is easier said than done; and not being able to roll over can be quite painful.
Hubby's shoulders were aching so badly from lying on his side--he just can't do that.

SleepingDVader

Post by SleepingDVader » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:01 pm

It's a therapy that might not be effective for you or me, but it appears it has helped some. I provided this information in the spirit of being helpful which seems to be the primary focus of this forum. All the best.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:12 pm

Still, there are much less costly devices to perform similarly--including home-made.
(Back-packs come to mind)--in which case an inexpensive thing to try--
--providing there is a significant degree of positional component to the apnea. (always wear your pulse-ox)
Even a last resort while traveling or dealing with a power outage on a temporary basis can be a huge asset.
It is a shame some of these folks market their devices as a permanent alternative to CPAP.
It is at most a distant third or fourth place--IMHOP