Looking for a full face mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lou Cypher

Looking for a full face mask

Post by Lou Cypher » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:57 pm

There are times when a full face mask would be ideal to use.....

With that thought in mind I am asking for some suggestions on a full face mask .....

I see a new one (Easy Fit Silk gel full face mask) is now out...

Any thoughts and or comments of what you have tried, good or bad, will be welcome....

Thanks

Lou

redjoe

Re: Looking for a full face mask

Post by redjoe » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

I only use it when I'm too stuffed up to breathe through my nose, but I like the Quattro FX.

SmartLink module works, but software doesn't, so I'm using SleepyHead. Thanks, JediMark!
Real sleep and oxygen to the brain are wonderful things!

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I have been using a Respironics Mirage Quattro for several years and am happy with it. I have a very low leak rate but it took a while to learn how to adjust it properly.
Respironics DreamStation
Pressure = 11.5 min 14.5 max
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Zboatman

Post by Zboatman » Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:50 pm

I use a Quattro FX and have been happy with the results, I am a newbie with 3 weeks under my belt. It took me about 5 days to adjust to wearing it and I am good to go now. I initially had some leaking issues but it was operator error that I have since resolved.

Blindrage

Post by Blindrage » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:05 pm

I am still in the trail stage since I was just diagnosed. During the sleep study we went through 12 masks looking for something that works for me, and we never did find anything that night that was very good. I ended up with a nasal only mask that really hurt along the upper lip.

When I picked up my machine I decided to go with the F&P FlexiFit 431. It seems to seal well around my goatee, and has all three sizes pillows included so I can do some experimenting on my own. The biggest feature that made me give this mask a try was that the seals go down under my chin, and that seems to have helped with the sealing issues I had on all the other masks I tried.

Good luck finding something that works for you, and I sure hope this one works for me or I will have to start the monthly mask swap that I see so many others doing until they find one that works.

Now I just need to find a local DME, that takes my insurance, that can offer me more than one CPAP machine option. Until the PR Series 60 comes out in a pure CPAP model I believe I have the best machine PR offers, but I really wanted to try the S9 instead of the System One machine.

RomeinDNVR

Post by RomeinDNVR » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:14 pm

I really like this one:

Hans Rudolph 7600 Series V2 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear

It goes under your chin and the cushion is very comfortable. Best part is that it does not have a forehead support that blocks your vision. I have used it for a few nights now (did the cpaplibrary.com trial) and I will be purchasing one for sure!

Lou Cypher

Post by Lou Cypher » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks everyone, I will check into those mentioned and see what might work for me....

I appreciate the replies...

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I tried the Silk gel full face.
It is a beautifully designed mask--just not my size--so I have to return it--reluctantly.
The silicone is a soft velvety texture; the gel is a little firmer than my comfort gel, but still soft to the touch.
The forehead pad is also gel with the velvety texture--and the elbow is the Devilbiss ball connection--brilliant!
Unfortunately, for me, the mask leaks very badly on my weird little face; and it sits close enough to my mouth
that I have awakened several times with my lower lip hanging out below the bottom of the cushion--
--air rushing out and my mouth as dry as Hatshepsut's tomb.
Warning: sizes tend to run shorter than other brands; and proportionately wider--so I cannot consider a larger size.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:03 pm

ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face (aka "UMFF").
Much better than the Quattro, IMO.

Den