Finally AHI under 5

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
azpilgrims

Finally AHI under 5

Post by azpilgrims » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:53 am

Been on xPAP for a month, first few weeks my AHI was 11 to 15 and the last week it has slowly crept downwards since my "Real" APAP Machine arrived. Woke up this morning and my AHI was 4.79, I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Slept over 8 hours last night and feel half human today

Lizistired

Re: Finally AHI under 5

Post by Lizistired » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:21 am

Glad you are making progress!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Good job.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:22 pm

azpilgrims wrote:Been on xPAP for a month, first few weeks my AHI was 11 to 15 and the last week it has slowly crept downwards since my "Real" APAP Machine arrived. Woke up this morning and my AHI was 4.79, I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel. Slept over 8 hours last night and feel half human today
You're doing better than I did when I first started. I didn't approach >5.0 until almost a year after I started. Many of us are like that - and that's okay. Your persistence is paying off. Congratulations!

Spinory

Post by Spinory » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Congratulations!

Isn't it the best when you actually feel pretty decent? I have been EXTREMELY lucky and have had AHIs under 5 since I started. Well, okay, it's only been 5 nights but I'm definitely encouraged!

Wishing you continued good sleep.....

Heather

azpilgrims

Post by azpilgrims » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks everyone, the first few week were brutal getting used to the mask/machine, I came into this with the mindset that it will get better and hopefully soon. This forum taught me to be in control of my therapy, Pugsy and others have been a huge help - I thank you all

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:46 pm

Great job...not just the 5 and under but the fact that you're feeling better. CPAP therapy is definitely something you have to keep on top of to make it work. Keep up the good work
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

azpilgrims

Post by azpilgrims » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:49 pm

ameriken wrote:Great job...not just the 5 and under but the fact that you're feeling better. CPAP therapy is definitely something you have to keep on top of to make it work. Keep up the good work
Thanks, the last two nights have been in the 3's - now just need the feel much better part to happen