OT: Blonde rebuttal

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
redjoe

OT: Blonde rebuttal

Post by redjoe » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:58 pm

True story:

My niece, Liz (a natural blonde and a very intelligent woman), once said to me, "Uncle Joe, do you know why all dumb blonde jokes are so short?" I said (of course), "No, Liz, why?" She said, "So that brunettes and redheads can understand them." You know I had to laugh.

BTW, it was not because I had just told a dumb blonde joke.

SmartLink module works, but software doesn't, so I'm using SleepyHead. Thanks, JediMark!
Real sleep and oxygen to the brain are wonderful things!

Slartybartfast

Re: OT: Blonde rebuttal

Post by Slartybartfast » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:28 am

Another true story:

My wife (lives in Washington) called me one evening (we talk every night) to tell me she had been leaving the side door to the garage open and she was afraid that someone had stolen my tablesaw (It's a Delta; sorta' my pride and joy).
We went back and forth and I felt a little better when I realized nothing else was missing. As I questioned her, it turned out the tablesaw rolling stand was there. And the cast iron table and rip fence were still on the rolling stand. But she said the blade was missing. She knew it was an expensive carbide blade and she thought someone had taken it. I asked her to look down through the slot in the table and tell me what she saw.
"Oh there it is. I didn't know it did that."

The blade was retracted into the table. I guess she had never seen it that way.

------------------

Pithy quote: "He who laughs last didn't get the joke."

Kody

Post by Kody » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:38 am

Slartybartfast wrote:Another true story:

My wife (lives in Washington) called me one evening (we talk every night) to tell me she had been leaving the side door to the garage open and she was afraid that someone had stolen my tablesaw (It's a Delta; sorta' my pride and joy).
We went back and forth and I felt a little better when I realized nothing else was missing. As I questioned her, it turned out the tablesaw rolling stand was there. And the cast iron table and rip fence were still on the rolling stand. But she said the blade was missing. She knew it was an expensive carbide blade and she thought someone had taken it. I asked her to look down through the slot in the table and tell me what she saw.
"Oh there it is. I didn't know it did that."

The blade was retracted into the table. I guess she had never seen it that way."

Of course not, she only pays attention when she goes out in the Garage and sees you making all "that racket" with it.
Complex Sleep Apnea

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:14 pm

I had a visitor in my shop. He (brown-haired male) asked about my lathe, which had a partially completed project chucked in it. I briefly described the process of woodturning...even turned it on so he could see it spin. He looked it all over and asked "Where's the blade?"

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:44 pm

That's too typical these days. My son was excited to be entering high school so he could learn woodworking/metalworking, auto shop. But they ceased all industrial arts education years ago. Too much liability, they said, so they sold off all the equipment and turned the shops into art and computer classrooms. We're raising a generation of kids who are all dumb blondes when it comes to doing anything with their own hands.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:21 pm

When I was in high school, "girls didn't take shop."

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:40 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:When I was in high school, "girls didn't take shop."
Yes I had to fight to take "technical drawing" Because girls couldn't.
But then again the boys were not allowed to take Home ec either.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal