New to CPAP - cannot cope with it

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cflame1

Re: New to CPAP - cannot cope with it

Post by cflame1 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:26 am

kteague wrote: It could be that your prescribed pressure is not adequate. Some machines are capable of recording data as you sleep. If that's the kind you have, there could be answers in your data. You shouldn't feel like you are smothering. It would help others help you if you could sign in and list your equipment and tell us your settings.
KevinAC,
Your machine is fully data capable, have you tried pulling data from it? If so what are you getting for AHI and Leak and Large Leak?

KevinAC

Post by KevinAC » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:41 am

KevinAC wrote:Nasal mask gone. Resmed Quattro FX in its place (pricey little thing). Soooo much more comfortable but still not sleeping with it. First two nights I lay awake, breathing comfortably for 30-45 minutes. Took it off and fell asleep. Tonight is night #3 in a hotel room. Maybe I fall asleep with it tonight.
Woke up this morning with the mask on - a first for me. Have the humidifier up to "4" now and the what level dropped from 1/2 to 1/4 overnight over 5.5 hours of "on" time. Now all I need to do it get to sleep earlier.
AHI: 52.7, RDI 55.4, Lowest O2: 81, N1: 23.9, N2: 51.8, N3: 5.5, REM: 14.7

KevinAC

Post by KevinAC » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:43 pm

cflame1 wrote:
kteague wrote: It could be that your prescribed pressure is not adequate. Some machines are capable of recording data as you sleep. If that's the kind you have, there could be answers in your data. You shouldn't feel like you are smothering. It would help others help you if you could sign in and list your equipment and tell us your settings.
KevinAC,
Your machine is fully data capable, have you tried pulling data from it? If so what are you getting for AHI and Leak and Large Leak?
I only have SleepyHead software at this point. When I start wearing the mask regularly I'll have enough data to report.
AHI: 52.7, RDI 55.4, Lowest O2: 81, N1: 23.9, N2: 51.8, N3: 5.5, REM: 14.7