AHI 0.0 : A first on my Intellipap AutoAdjust

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Emilia

AHI 0.0 : A first on my Intellipap AutoAdjust

Post by Emilia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Last night was the first time ever I had a reading of 0.00 for my AHI! I have 0.5 fairly often, and my lowest before this was 0.3....so I was quite surprised to see the 0.00 this morning. Woot!

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

redjoe

Re: AHI 0.0 : A first on my Intellipap AutoAdjust

Post by redjoe » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:40 pm

Cool!

SmartLink module works, but software doesn't, so I'm using SleepyHead. Thanks, JediMark!
Real sleep and oxygen to the brain are wonderful things!

jmcanzo

Post by jmcanzo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:46 pm

You may be the first! My lowest has been 0.07

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:27 pm

That's impressive. I've done that many times on my S9 Autoset, but not yet on the Intellipap.

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:44 pm

Yes I often get 0.00 on my VPAP ASV but I dont believe it. Even a person with no osa will have some events so how can it be o.oo???

sister

Post by sister » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:39 pm

Hi, I also have been on cloud 9 today because this morning I got my first AHI 0.00 a green smiley face and I am so happy.I do wonder though why I just can't seem to get my leaks down.they were 44l/m.Is this a terrible leak line on the S9?
I just got my S9 a couple of weeks ago,never got my AHI any lower than the 20's and 30's on the S8 that I was using before. What is a normal leak rate on the S9?

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:46 am

LOL.... well, it only took 18 months for that to happen, and the next morning it was back to an AHI of 1.5 as it was again today. Still great, but the 0.0 (an unrealistic happening for most folks) was just a very cool, but rare event.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:20 am

sister wrote:wonder though why I just can't seem to get my leaks down.they were 44l/m.Is this a terrible leak line on the S9?
I just got my S9 a couple of weeks ago,never got my AHI any lower than the 20's and 30's on the S8 that I was using before. What is a normal leak rate on the S9?
ResMed says that they can handle leaks up to 24 L/min. During the time spent in large leak above 24 L/min they say that therapy and reporting may be impaired.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:43 am

I might could squeak out a 0.0 if I only slept an hour and turned it off . lol Were you dead tired (just curious)?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:50 am

Congrats on the 0.0 AHI.

In nearly 3 years I have had it once maybe twice. Come close the other night with one lousy hyponea all night.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kohkie

Post by Kohkie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:17 pm

In three and a half months actually got a 0.1 once. Pretty exciting stuff! Love getting 0.anything

sister

Post by sister » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:42 pm

Pugsy wrote:
sister wrote:wonder though why I just can't seem to get my leaks down.they were 44l/m.Is this a terrible leak line on the S9?
ResMed says that they can handle leaks up to 24 L/min. During the time spent in large leak above 24 L/min they say that therapy and reporting may be impaired.
Hi,I have a question,I don't get up immediately as soon as I wake up and usually the pillows start leaking so after awhile I get up and turn the machine off.
Could this be where my leaks are coming from,early in the morning before I get up and turn the machine off? I don't feel any leaks until then.
Thanks so much.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:07 pm

sister wrote:Hi,I have a question,I don't get up immediately as soon as I wake up and usually the pillows start leaking so after awhile I get up and turn the machine off.
Could this be where my leaks are coming from,early in the morning before I get up and turn the machine off? I don't feel any leaks until then.
Could be. All you need to do is look at the software reports and evaluate the leak line.
You can easily see exactly when any leaks occur and how just how much of a leak was present.
If the bulk of the night the leak line is well below the 24 L/min line..and you only see the large spikes right before you get up and turn the machine off, then you will have your answer.
Just like I might see a couple of spikes when I first turn the machine on and I might adjust the nasal pillows a bit by pulling them away from my face to let them inflate better and then replace them into position. It might mess with the overall leak numbers a bit but I don't go so much by the numbers. Instead I just evaluate the leak line itself and I disregard short lived spikes to or above large leak territory.

sister

Post by sister » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Thanks Pugsy,but you are trying to help someone who is not computer smart,i'm sorry.
When I go into Rescan all I can find is the statistics and the summary grafts.When I click on detailed it says no detailed data available.I don't know a lot about a computer.
But thanks anyway!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:24 am

sister wrote:When I click on detailed it says no detailed data available.I don't know a lot about a computer.
But thanks anyway!
ResScan defaults to download the summery data only. You have to tell it to get all the detailed data as well as the summary stuff. So this has to be chose prior to download itself.

Or use SleepyHead. You may find it easier to manage.

Without seeing the graphs the best you can do is suppose. If your 95% leak number off the LCD screen is below 24 L/min...you are likely okay as far as leaks go for the bulk of the night. If it is above...there are any number of scenarios available.