Another OT: The fix is in....Boehner cuts a deal?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
islandboy5150

Another OT: The fix is in....Boehner cuts a deal?

Post by islandboy5150 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 pm

If you were thinking that Issa was going to get to the actual bottom of anything with Fast and Furious, think again!
The fix is in! Boehner is in on it, making a deal with Oblamo and Holder. As read, "(it was) a plea bargain of sorts where both sides save face. The Committee will accept the scalps of Breuer and Wienstein, DOJ will release enough of the (documents) to condemn them, claim cooperation (thus giving the appearance of recognizing congress's oversight authority), and Holder will survive - looking like a "leader" for offering them up (along with a few lower level ATF and DOJ folk). The Committee will chalk one in the "Win" column for oversight and holding people accountable. DOJ will have the same for cooperating and accountability. All sides win, all checks and balance intact and working fine, all powers respected and then they move on to the next act of political theatre. The only ones left to sweep up the mess, are the American and Mexican peoples - ignorantly secure in our beliefs that the system works and that our government is actually for us, by us, and of us."

How 'bout those apples? Still think Sheriff Joe will get somewhere too?

ChicagoGranny

Re: Another OT: The fix is in....Boehner cuts a deal?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 pm

Proving again that you don't have to be from Chicago to be a crooked politician.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:11 pm

Islandboy
Have you ever though about going to a political discussion board instead of starting topics that 1/2 of us either don't understand or don't give a flying fig about.....this is a sleep apnea board, not your personal rag board.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:44 pm

nanwilson wrote:Islandboy
Have you ever though about going to a political discussion board instead of starting topics that 1/2 of us either don't understand or don't give a flying fig about.....this is a sleep apnea board, not your personal rag board.

Then don't read it Nan, no one is forcing you to. As for others, they might not ever see or hear of the information, and yes, I do blog on several political discussion boards. I don't care that you don't care, especially if your not a citizen of the US. Not degrading your country of origin, just saying I'm not expecting people from any other country to give a fig. Or, even people from the USA for that matter. But, for those that do care, and are interested but for whatever reason don't get the information from other sources, it might be of interest to them. I like to share what I find is interesting and relevant and like to hear all kinds of responses, not just political in nature. It's more like striking up conversation with people, if they are interested, great. If not, then that's fine too. But, I do have the right to initiate a conversation, and the subject is mine to choose as the one starting the thread, as long as its marked OT, and I'm not ......misbehaving lets say. I'm following the rules, and I respect others rights to their opinions, and actually learn from them. I do post CPAP topics too, but no one is restricted to the subject of CPAP, right?

debtheveg

Post by debtheveg » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:48 pm

I agree Nanwilson ... this seems an inappropriate place to be putting such stuff. We're not all in America, we don't all want to see stuff about politics ... we have our own stuff going on here in Australia. And whilst we don't have to read it (and I don't) it does clutter up our list of topics!!

SockPuppet

Post by SockPuppet » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:17 pm

Busybodies from all over who can't resist sticking their noses into something that is clearly marked.

My U.S. has no monopoly on busybodies.

Every country has an ample supply of busybodies I am sure.

Thanks IBoy, going to get to some news sources to read some more on the train home.

islandboy5150

Post by islandboy5150 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:47 pm

SockPuppet, try Maggies Notebook, Gulog Bound, Katy Pundit, Kool Aid, and Proof Positive. A few interesting sources there to look at. Some of it may seem a little conspiracy-theory-ish, but makes one wonder.

rocklin

Post by rocklin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:10 am

As Paul McCartney said:

"I used to twist and shout. Then I took an arrow to the knee."
It is easy to be brave from a safe distance - Aesop

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:46 am

islandboy5150 wrote:SockPuppet, try Maggies Notebook, Gulog Bound, Katy Pundit, Kool Aid, and Proof Positive. A few interesting sources there to look at. Some of it may seem a little conspiracy-theory-ish, but makes one wonder.
You two need to get a room.

"Not that there's anything wrong with that!"
...other than food...

SockPuppet

Post by SockPuppet » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:22 am

Code: Select all

deltadave 

He's the phone man.... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

jonnybee

Post by jonnybee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:44 am

I totally agree. It's bad enough that we are subjected to this crap all day every day in the news media; I don't want to have to be exposed to it here. I, personally, would like to OT's banned. I come here for info concerning a disease I have; not political rhetoric.
ResMed S9 Autoset
ResMed AirFit F20 mask with headgear

SockPuppet

Post by SockPuppet » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:19 am

jonnybee wrote: I don't want to have to be exposed to it here.
If you see a topic marked "OT ... Boehner ... ", don't click on it!

What about that do you not understand???!!!

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:51 am

jonnybee wrote:
I totally agree. It's bad enough that we are subjected to this crap all day every day in the news media; I don't want to have to be exposed to it here. I, personally, would like to OT's banned. I come here for info concerning a disease I have; not political rhetoric.
I find it helpful to utilize the "filter" option in the User Control Panel to prevent viewing "contributions" from unwanted posters:

While this does not prevent incidental viewing of Topics in the Board Index, should curiosity get the best of me and I do click on the topic, the thread has been wiped (so to speak) clean of the offensive...

material.
...other than food...

sandman19

Post by sandman19 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:05 pm

I'll find the "managing assholes" area. We are hear for a sleep apnea/CPAP forum and your political crap is unwanted.

Sandman19

rocklin

Post by rocklin » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:21 pm

How can you not feel for a man who went through his teenage years with "Boehner" as his last name?
It is easy to be brave from a safe distance - Aesop