"ARE YOU MAD"!!!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gazhacks

"ARE YOU MAD"!!!!

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:09 am

The one thing I find amazing is that with all the tired people on here you only get a sharp remark now and again. You would think that there would be many more rude words being thrown around.

"..and how are you today?" ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You have to laugh because you would soon run out of tears How many times of the day do you shout? For me its too many to count and I have to spend most of the day saying sorry Even my daughter ask mummy if its a grumpy day for daddy today, I can cope with being tired but being grumpy I hate. How about you? ..and please no shouting

JohnBFisher

Re: "ARE YOU MAD"!!!!

Post by JohnBFisher » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:57 am

Gazhacks wrote:The one thing I find amazing is that with all the tired people on here you only get a sharp remark now and again. You would think that there would be many more rude words being thrown around.

"..and how are you today?" ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You have to laugh because you would soon run out of tears How many times of the day do you shout? For me its too many to count and I have to spend most of the day saying sorry Even my daughter ask mummy if its a grumpy day for daddy today, I can cope with being tired but being grumpy I hate. How about you? ..and please no shouting
Okay, I've had a few horrible days of piss poor sleep. WHY CAN'T I SHOUT??!!

Seriously, I know where you are coming from. I've been trying to give up the grumpy moods. Life is WAY too short to let a poor attitude make it all that much more "interesting". [ Ah, the old Chinese curse: "May you live in 'interesting' times!" ... ] That's not to say I can't swear up a blue streak. Poorly written code does that to me .. And of course, having Windows is a great way to induce that blue streak. What the heck? When reinstalling software *really* is a solution there's something seriously wrong with it.

So, no. I'm not "MAD". I'm just Abby Someone ... Abby Normal!

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams." from Zdzisław Beksiński

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:06 am

Yep, just another one of those mysteries of life!

Another one that baffles me is how the highly relevant thread

"No repiratory events but still lousy sleep" has 27 replies and 574 views since Feb 20

whereas

the TWOFT "Where's my TRASH button???" (and certainly ironic when you think about it) thread has 39 replies and 596 views since only Feb 22.

Go figure.
...other than food...

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:21 am

It's no fun being out of the loop but not sure what TWOFT is or if Dave is having a dig, Joys of being ignorant or the joys of being English but If my post start to become annoying I would hope that a word in my pm box wouldnt go a miss.

Then I can really start shouting, maybe hear me in the states

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:06 am

When your posts are unrelated to Sleep Apnea, please prefix the title with...OT (Off Topic) so we can ignore them if we wish.

flocof

Post by flocof » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:11 am

[quote="Gazhacks"]It's no fun being out of the loop but not sure what TWOFT is or if Dave is having a dig
I had to google it too...I must be way behind the times, It meas Total Waste of F.... Time!
flocof
Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt

Gazhacks

Post by Gazhacks » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:25 am

flocof wrote:
Gazhacks wrote:It's no fun being out of the loop but not sure what TWOFT is or if Dave is having a dig
I had to google it too...I must be way behind the times, It meas Total Waste of F.... Time!
Thank you for that, it did feel like a dig, not that I care, Im too long in the tooth

...as for OT, I will make sure in future I follow forum protacol. But also please feel free to use your ignore button as Im sure I will be posting TWOFT post in the future. thank you

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:33 am

Gazhacks wrote:
flocof wrote:
Gazhacks wrote:It's no fun being out of the loop but not sure what TWOFT is or if Dave is having a dig
Thank you for that, it did feel like a dig, not that I care, Im too long in the tooth

...as for OT, I will make sure in future I follow forum protacol. But also please feel free to use your ignore button as Im sure I will be posting TWOFT post in the future. thank you
Also, please use the Spellchecker and review for punctuation and grammatical errors prior to posting.

TIA.
...other than food...

Maxie

Post by Maxie » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:46 am

GEEEZZZ...I'm going back to bed and see if I can sleep some more and get in a better mood so I won't be MAD!

deltadave

Post by deltadave » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:49 am

Maxie wrote:GEEEZZZ...I'm going back to bed and see if I can sleep some more and get in a better mood so I won't be MAD!
Not a good idea.

Oversleep creates a condition known as "sleep drunkenness" and you would be cranky.
...other than food...

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:49 am

by Gazhacks on Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:25 am
Gazhacks wrote:

Personallty, I find most of your posts to be TWOFT.

Last edited by LSAT on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

jnk

Post by jnk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:04 am

Wow.

I'm impressed, people.

I mean, a guy starts a thread ASKING for some 'angry, sharp, rude, grumpy' words to be thrown at him, and all he gets from this board is an obscure acronym, a few OT-protocol suggestions, and a polite request for grammar and spelling improvements?

Wow. Just wow. Snoredog would be very, very disappointed in all of you.

But I'm proud of you, myself. I think you've all come a long way. Commendations all around, I say.

My question, though, is whether in that song about mad dogs and Englishmen, the "mad dogs" was referring to the Scots.

Uncle Dave, does my sentence directly above need a question mark after it, or no? I'm never sure with that construction. And should that "was" after "mad dogs" be "were"? TIA.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:09 am

TWOFT--I need a poster of that for work!

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:15 am

Maybe you need medication if your grumpiness is affecting your innocent daughter who has probably done nothing to you.
Grow up and be a proper father and husband!

RocketGirl

Post by RocketGirl » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:18 am

jnk wrote:Wow.

I'm impressed, people.

I mean, a guy starts a thread ASKING for some 'angry, sharp, rude, grumpy' words to be thrown at him, and all he gets from this board is an obscure acronym, a few OT-protocol suggestions, and a polite request for grammar and spelling improvements?

Wow. Just wow. Snoredog would be very, very disappointed in all of you.

But I'm proud of you, myself. I think you've all come a long way. Commendations all around, I say.

My question, though, is whether in that song about mad dogs and Englishmen, the "mad dogs" was referring to the Scots.

Uncle Dave, does my sentence directly above need a question mark after it, or no? I'm never sure with that construction. And should that "was" after "mad dogs" be "were"? TIA.
Seriously I have wondered the same thing as Gaz. Throw a bunch of chronically sleep-deprived people in a forum and I'd expect Mutually Assured Destruction. (Now there's a definition of "MAD" for us!)

And yes, on days when I used to be sleep-deprived, I often felt cross and unequal to the day's challenges, and I had to fight very hard not to show how grumpy I felt.

[Edit to add: I don't find this topic to be "Off topic" at all. The emotional consequences of sleep apnea are a very important part of the constellation of symptoms, and they deserve acknowledgment and attention.]