Resmed liberty hybrid

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pdean44

Resmed liberty hybrid

Post by pdean44 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:59 am

Hi folks. It has been a while since I have posted. I am still experimenting with finding the right mask for me.
I was using the quattro but always found it some what uncfomfortable though i was able to make it work.
i moved on to the quattro fx. I had high hopes. Mask was very comfortable. I could never get it to seal and gave up on that. So now I am considering going to the resmed liberty hybrid.

I was hoping for some feed back on this mask from folks that have usd it?

the quattro always seemed to leak around my eyes now and then as well as break the seal occasionally around the corners of my mouth. Ovewr all not the most comfortable mask. I am a mouth breather and am running out of options.

My first mask the Resmed activa was the most comfortable i have had but because of my mouth breathing failures i had to move on from it. I tried all the taping and chin straps and all that stuff.

It has been a struggle. Every 6 months i try a new mask hoping to find one thats comfortable with minimal leaks. The search is still on.

Thanks again for any advice. hope everyone is doing well.

"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out"
-- JOHN WOODEN --

cflame1

Re: Resmed liberty hybrid

Post by cflame1 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:09 am

all that I can say about it is that if it doesn't work for you, you can try the Innomed Hybrid which is a different mask. Most folks that can't make the Liberty work can make the Hybrid work.

bayourest

Post by bayourest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:02 am

you might try the mask library where you can get on the list to tryout a mask....I dont have the link handy but I am sure someone on the forum does have it. I tried the Liberty and it just does not work out for me at all. If you try it out and if it works for you PM me and I'll send you all my stuff just for the postage. I have been pretty happy with the quattro FX. From the description of your leaks I wonder if you have the correct size. You might also try it with a padacheek liner and anti leak strap. I find it all so much more comfortable with the mask liner and lots of people here have recommended the anti leak strap. I dont think I could make it 6 mos on a really uncomfortable mask.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

http://www.cpaplibrary.com/mask-trials.html

Mask trial link. Supplies are limited so there can be a waiting time for popular masks if the waiting list is long.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

greatunclebill

Post by greatunclebill » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 am

i use full face because my nostrils can't take the pressure. i thought hybrid might work, but it didn't for the same reasons the nasal masks and pillows didn't work. i even tried plugging the nasal pillows and just using the mouth part of it. i learned real quick why they don't sell mouth masks. just my experience, for what it's worth.

please don't ask me to try nasal. i'm a full face person.
the avatar is Rocco, my Lhasa Apso. Number one "Bama fan. 18 championships and counting.
Life member VFW Post 4328 Alabama
MSgt USAF (E-7) medic Retired 1968-1990

b360155

Post by b360155 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am

greatunclebill wrote:i use full face because my nostrils can't take the pressure. i thought hybrid might work, but it didn't for the same reasons the nasal masks and pillows didn't work. i even tried plugging the nasal pillows and just using the mouth part of it. i learned real quick why they don't sell mouth masks. just my experience, for what it's worth.
Now that's a novel idea! First I've heard of a mouth mask...maybe it would work if you taped or put plugs in your nose???

I've used both the Quattro FX and Liberty hybrid as well (along with the Swift FX and Mirage Quattro) and have settled in with the Quattro FX as my mask of choice for almost 4 months now. I liked the Liberty, but during the night I would frequently lose the seal on the nasal pillows. For me the Quattro FX has provided the best combination of comfort and low leak rates. I did use the CPAP Library mask trial program for a Medium Quattro FX and ended up getting one of my own after a successful 1 week trial. I think it took me 2 or 3 weeks after I applied to receive the mask, but agree that waiting times can vary depending on the popularity of the mask.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 am

Morning
I use the Respcare/Innomed Hybrid and love it...as a matter of fact I now have 3 of them plus 2 sets of spare pillows and cushion. Sure better than the quattro, I now have a permanent mark on the bridge of my nose to prove I didn't like it. I didn't try the Liberty hybrid because it was a Resmed product and I find Resmed pillows do not last very long and the Respcare hybrid pillows do. I have a long face, so I cut the chin flap off of all of my hybrids. Read Rosters hybrid instructions, they are the best ever.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

drdrew

Post by drdrew » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:05 am

i am a liberty user. i love it. could not make any other ffm work for me. but yes we are all different so you wont know till you try.

soundersfootballclub

Post by soundersfootballclub » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:19 am

I use the resmed liberty mask and very happy with it. My only complaint in the past has been the pillows start leaking after around 5 weeks of use. But since I read about boiling to reshape them that seems to work. If you are paying for it yourself do a good search online since the place I by it from is much cheaper then some of the bigger cpap shops.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:25 am

Guys..they do sell a mouth only mask..its called the Oracle. Take a look on cpap.com, they have a full description and pictures of it.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

pdean44

Post by pdean44 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm

soundersfootballclub wrote:I use the resmed liberty mask and very happy with it. My only complaint in the past has been the pillows start leaking after around 5 weeks of use. But since I read about boiling to reshape them that seems to work. If you are paying for it yourself do a good search online since the place I by it from is much cheaper then some of the bigger cpap shops.
I appreciate all of your comments as always. I guess the only thing i can do is give it a go and see what happens. If it fails then I will just buy a new cusion and face pads for the quattro. I dont know what the deal was with the fx. I know it made for some very rough days till i finally abandoned it. I gave it a try for a month or so. I know it takes a coupl eof weeks to get a mask dialed in a lot of times. That one i just could not get to work. The quattro I can get to work if I have to. I just dont like the way it feels on the bridge of my nose and how it obstructs your vision. It leaks around the sides of my mouth at times at nite unless i cinch it up pretty tight.

Im just hoping to find that mask with the right amount of comfort and low leaks. I hope there is one out there. Sadly my favorite mask was my first. I jsut wish i did ntio have the mouth breathing issues I have. I would be happily using my activa.

I will keep that boiling idea in mind as i will more thna likely give the resmed liberty a go.

"Things turn out the best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out"
-- JOHN WOODEN --

n0hardmask

Post by n0hardmask » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:03 pm

Just ran a search on these two.. I considered going the hybrid route myself until I learned of the Sleepweaver cloth mask. There's several links, and even more discussion of modifying each version to suit you. Good luck!
viewtopic/t74842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70 ... id#p655036 viewtopic/t74842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61 ... id#p573596 viewtopic/t74842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=61 ... id#p573261 viewtopic/t74842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=60 ... id#p564660

Don't know what I did to hide the Equipment?! new SleepWeaver Anew-NOT hard!, Quattro ffm, S9 VPAP ADAPT. Sobakawa bead pillow
Sleepyhead, Rescan4; ZEO Bedside -not used
Serenity
Newbies:Log in; then please input your equipment 2 your profile.

pdean44

Post by pdean44 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:30 pm

I sleep primarily on my back but like to switch to my side once in a while. Are folks able to sleep on their side with the mask or does it leak?

-- JOHN WOODEN --

soundersfootballclub

Post by soundersfootballclub » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm

pdean44 wrote:I sleep primarily on my back but like to switch to my side once in a while. Are folks able to sleep on their side with the mask or does it leak?
Hmm. I am a side sleeper and wear this mask and it's great. I get up when I'm on my back wearing this mask and sometimes I notice it leaks when I wake up on my back. That could be the way I have it adjusted though. I believe the company I bought mine from allows you to return the mask if you don't like it. I did this with another mask from them and they refunded my purchase no questions asked. I think they are in Chicago. I know I'm not supposed to provide a link just do a search for the cheapest Mirage Liberty and you will find them. Good luck,

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:16 pm

I got one of the Resmed Hybrid masks and I could not use it at all. I couldn't get leaks to stop no matter what. I only had it on me for about 20 minutes. If you want it, and you can afford to pay shipping, I will pack it up and send it to you. PM me if interested. I think it will fit in a medium size priority US Mail box, and those ran somewhere between $10 and $11 last year. I just don't have any extra $$ to send it to you with my hubby still unemployed since Dec 2008, and nobody hiring us old farts who are 59 yrs old in this area.

Pressure 6-10 cm