Funny Snoring Stories

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JaVelin

Re: Funny Snoring Stories

Post by JaVelin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:27 am

Well I indeed got my own room. Is that what you're asking?

(he's laughing now that I reminded him of the story. He says he could still hear me even in his room across the hall).
sleep_apnea wrote:
"your getting your own room at the hotel."
After he says that saving a few bucks is good and would turn out letting you get a room for yourself is really that annoying right?

But that's fine, you can never disturb him anymore right?

How did it finally turn out Javelin?

Nosey Parker

Post by Nosey Parker » Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 am

Snoring is a real problem for me - I have just learned that there is a brand new snoring clinic in Whitley Bay - The Snoring Centre - run by an ENT consultant - has anyone any info on results?

smurfyabs

Post by smurfyabs » Thu May 10, 2012 10:32 am

Nosey Parker wrote:Snoring is a real problem for me - I have just learned that there is a brand new snoring clinic in Whitley Bay - The Snoring Centre - run by an ENT consultant - has anyone any info on results?
I just misread your user name as "Nose Picker"

When I was 5 or so my parents rented out a room to this guy that played music in bars. One of the first nights he came home after my father was asleep, he was struggling to get his key into the door when he heard my father snoring (their bedroom window was right next to the front door). The renter started screaming and banging on the door, "Let me in! Quick man! There's a f-ing BEAR out here!!!" The poor guy was shaking for about 5 minutes because he was so scared, my parents were shaking too...with laughter.

I also remember sleeping in a hotel bathtub once when I was 12 because my father snored so loudly, and irregularly that I couldn't sleep in my bed.

teachcsg

Post by teachcsg » Thu May 10, 2012 10:53 am

Those were hilarious! Thanks for the good laugh.
Cesar Garza, RRT
Registred Respiratory Therapist
http://www.lastminuteceus.com

AndyCelt

Post by AndyCelt » Thu May 10, 2012 11:19 am

When camping in England, pre-CPAP, I woke one early morning to find a small group of English people standing at a campsite across from mine - all staring at me. One of them asked a bit hesitantly if "All Americans snore like that."

If I am not for myself, then who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, then what am I? And if not now, when? ~ Rabbi Hillel

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu May 10, 2012 11:30 am

When I was small, there was a shortage of beds at my grandmother's house.
It was late, and none of the adults felt up to setting up the rollaway bed, (remember those?)
so I was obliged to sleep with Grandma.
I awakened in the middle of the night with a vivid dream of flying in a helicopter--but it was Grandma!
Of course, I shared this with everyone at breakfast; and had my own bed the rest of our visit.

jim1122

Post by jim1122 » Fri May 11, 2012 5:48 pm

haha, that's too funny! I love hearing these

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri May 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey, Jim;
How has your therapy gone since you signed up?
Still something of a newbie, but please share.
You can see by the note at the bottom of the page that we have a lot of lurkers (been there myself);
but it's cool to hear from someone who may be a little shy, or really busy, or just not near the internet.

BasementDwellingGeek

Post by BasementDwellingGeek » Sun May 13, 2012 9:29 am

I was hiking a stretch of the Appalachian/Long Trail in southern VT with a group of friends. We spent a night in a lean-to with a bunch of other hikers. Sometime in the night a pair of them got up and set up their tent away from the lean-to. The next night my friends and I arrived at the next lean-to before the other hikers. The other hikers quickly departed upon seeing me as they walked up to the site.

On a positive note, my friends claim we will never have a bear wander into our site because my snoring would scare it way.

bdg
(PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus and related humidifier as backup)

There are two types of people in this world. Those that can extrapolate from incomplete data

rjezuit

Post by rjezuit » Sun May 13, 2012 3:33 pm

I tell my kids that snoring is a biological necessity to scare wild animals away. It keeps the coyotes from getting us when we camp. Looks like we'll all get eaten this summer since I have what I call the "Rick inflator"

Sylvia103

Post by Sylvia103 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:43 pm

I am on Day 2 of trying to sleep with my new CPAP. I is still a struggle. I am stubborn though so I still plan to persist but last night my biggest struggle was with air escaping from the mask. The vibration of the air escaping from the mask when there isn't a tight enough seal feels like--well...there's really no other way to describe it than to be brutally honest...it feels like the mask is farting on your face!!! It vibrates a LOT from air escaping from it, you can feel the air coming out too and it even has that loud fart sound and it won't stop doing that until you fix it. I can picture a really hilarious sitcom scene with people struggling with their cpaps. There are so many things that are really, really frustrating at the time but they are hilarious to see, to write about, to talk about... i bet someone has already at least written something about it. You have extreme frustration from the moment you try to put it on because the mask senses when it is over your mouth and nose and immediately blows gusts of air at you even though you're trying to catch your breath from all of that sudden air and are also trying to fasten the straps! The straps also can't be too loose but they also can't be too tight because then you feel like your face is all tied up and is being squeezed. You may even feel claustrophobic. I'm going to try to remember NOT to plug it in until the mask is already on. I discovered the hard way that you can't just turn the machine off because it will automatically come on anyway unless it is unplugged.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 pm

It sounds like you have two questions you are trying to address: mask noise (farts) and auto start. We commonly refer to the noise masks make when leaking as mask farts, because face it, that is what they sound like. Quite often this can be eliminated by using mask liners. If the machine is starting before you have the mask on and in place, you probably have auto start enabled. I turned that feature off on my machine because the machine was starting before I had the mask secured most of the time.

If you register and fill in your equipment we would be able to offer specific suggestions to help correct what you are having problems with. Also, it would be better if you started a new topic instead of adding on to a 5 year old topic.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.