how do i clean my humidifier water tank

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
archangle

Re: how do i clean my humidifier water tank

Post by archangle » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:09 pm

DrBucky wrote:At least for me the H4i's dishwasher safe tanks weren't. In that, while yes, I could dismantle them and put them in the top rack of the dishwasher; the plastic hinge pieces broke after a couple of months. I found myself having to hand wash them if I wanted them to last. So the H4i washable tanks weren't exactly dishwasher safe for me (might be better if you have a dishwasher that stays cooler). Still recommend getting them.
The H4i dishwasher safe tanks are much easier to hand clean than the non-dishwashable H4i and the H3i, tanks, aren't they?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

angelswing

Post by angelswing » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:23 am

TO CLEAN YOUR TANK. I USE DISTILED WATER HOWEVER I GET BUILD UP SO I FILL MY TANK WITH WARM WATER PLACE IT IN SINK THEN DROP IN A CHEAP VERSION TABLET OF EFFERIDENT LET IT SIT FOR A MIN OF HOUR THEN DUMP N RINSE THERE IS STILL WHITE FILM I USE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR AND WARM WATER LET SIT FOR AN HOUR OR SO THEN RINSE COMES CRYSTAL CLEAR. AND IF YOUR LIKE ME AND HATE THE SMELL I TAKE A COUPLE DROPS OF LEMON JUICE ON PAPER TOWEL AND RUB IN TANK TO KILL THE VINEGAR SMELL

winnipeg user

Post by winnipeg user » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:27 am

OMG it worked ty so much

kjell

Post by kjell » Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:59 pm

It says that I should boil the water I will use in my H5i to remove germs!

Rachael75

Post by Rachael75 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Just checked the prices for the replacement tanks and it's only $22 on Amazon. If you pay a dollar a week for distilled water you're paying $52 a year. At that rate you can replace your tank twice a year for cheaper. I live in a rural town where nothing is cheap... plus all those bottles have to go somewhere. I know distilled water is preferable but I can never remember to pick it up when I'm in town.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:07 pm

Rachael75 wrote:Just checked the prices for the replacement tanks and it's only $22 on Amazon. If you pay a dollar a week for distilled water you're paying $52 a year. At that rate you can replace your tank twice a year for cheaper. I live in a rural town where nothing is cheap... plus all those bottles have to go somewhere. I know distilled water is preferable but I can never remember to pick it up when I'm in town.
This is an old post, but, A gal of distilled water costs less than a dollar and lasts me almost a month....that's about $12 a year. If you use tap water, your tank will get cruddy long before 6 months.

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:14 pm

If you are unable to get out to get distilled water, that's not a problem. Just pour a little vinegar on the bottom when the bottom gets kindof thick. Otherwise, heavy mineralization will interfere in getting the amount of humidity that you are setting your machine to give you. My late brother's place had really thick mineralization (it was like sand), but you could go a couple of months before needing the vinegar soak, according to my sister. About every 6 months or so, she would soak the whole unit in a 1:4 solution of vinegar so it was all pristine again.

I completely agree that distilled water resolves that buildup, but getting the distilled water isn't always practical or available for everybody all the time.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16 pm

You could use Holy Water, it made by boiling the Hell out of it! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire