Onkor problem repaired

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cpapdork

Re: Onkor problem repaired

Post by cpapdork » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:38 am

erreid wrote:Any news on Onkor website coming back online?
The planned fixes for the current hosting platform are unfortunately not going to work. I'm moving Onkor therefore to a fresh platform (from the same hosting provider). I'm unfortunately (well, it's fortunate for me, but unfortunate timing re Onkor) traveling abroad right now, but I will try to work a bit this weekend and see if I can get it up and ready then.

By the way, I happen to be traveling abroad in order to work with researchers and physicians on the subject of sleep disorders and therapy. I'm learning a great deal and I hope that I can put some of this to use for you all in Onkor or related projects.

snoringdad

Post by snoringdad » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:06 pm

I've been using a Philips Respironics CPAP for about a year now and recently changed machines and found that the new one inexplicably does not display the average AHI on its data screen. I'm curious about your project, but is this a piece of data that I can see with your web app by uploading data from my SD card?

Thanks for working on this project!

snoringdad

Post by snoringdad » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:58 pm

BTW, looking forward to seeing your project back online, too!

cpapdork

Post by cpapdork » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:21 am

snoringdad wrote:I'm curious about your project, but is this a piece of data that I can see with your web app by uploading data from my SD card?
If this new machine is a PRS1, then yes, Onkor will calculate and display AHI. You might also ask around on another topic for a way to change the machine to display AHI if you would like to see it.

tnrst1

Post by tnrst1 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 am

snoringdad wrote:I've been using a Philips Respironics CPAP for about a year now and recently changed machines and found that the new one inexplicably does not display the average AHI on its data screen. I'm curious about your project, but is this a piece of data that I can see with your web app by uploading data from my SD card?

Thanks for working on this project!
Go into the Clinicial Setup menu by highlighting "setup" and then holding the ramp and select buttons down at the same time for a couple of seconds. Then go into the new "setup" screen and toggle "display ahi" to on or hide ahi to off. I can't remember what it says exactly but you'll know it when you see it.

Sorry for the off topic post. I've been following this thread and really appreciate the work cpapdork has been doing for us all. Keep up the good work and thank you!

snoringdad

Post by snoringdad » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:47 pm

cpapdork wrote:
snoringdad wrote:I'm curious about your project, but is this a piece of data that I can see with your web app by uploading data from my SD card?
If this new machine is a PRS1, then yes, Onkor will calculate and display AHI. You might also ask around on another topic for a way to change the machine to display AHI if you would like to see it.
Thanks! Before I was able to get back here to post elsewhere, someone answered my question! But I am also a software developer and a CPAP user, so your project is very interesting. I will definitely take a closer look when it's back online. Thanks for your work on this.

snoringdad

Post by snoringdad » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:59 pm

tnrst1 wrote: Go into the Clinicial Setup menu by highlighting "setup" and then holding the ramp and select buttons down at the same time for a couple of seconds. Then go into the new "setup" screen and toggle "display ahi" to on or hide ahi to off. I can't remember what it says exactly but you'll know it when you see it.

Sorry for the off topic post. I've been following this thread and really appreciate the work cpapdork has been doing for us all. Keep up the good work and thank you!
I should be the one to apologize - sorry, I'm new to this forum and hadn't known about the Onkor project. But your tip was very helpful - worked like a charm! Thanks for posting your response.

timsvulcan

Post by timsvulcan » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:29 pm

What is the status of the ONKOR problem. Hoping it comes back soon. I would offer to help if there was anything I could do. Only got to use the program once before it went down. It worked great then.

cpapdork

Post by cpapdork » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi all,

First, I apologize for the continued downtime. I've been struggling to work out a solution with my hosting provider and we haven't solved it yet. I'm finishing my work abroad and traveling back to my home tomorrow. I will then investigate other hosting providers. I'm willing to pay up to $15/mo, so if anyone has any personal experience with services that provide PHP, MySQL and a pretty large (~10GB maybe) amount of data storage, I'd appreciate tips.

Sorry again. I haven't been as active as I should looking for alternate solutions, hoping instead something would work out with the current free solution.

More by next week.

cpapdork

Post by cpapdork » Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:35 am

Onkor has now been moved to a new home and is operational again at its usual address (http://www.onkor.net). If you visit this page and still get the "Temporarily Disabled" notice, then please wait an hour or so and try again as you may have some old DNS information pointing to the old server still cached in your network.

A couple things to note:
  • All old airflow information has been removed, though all other info including number and time of events is retained. If you want to view airflow for an old session, just re-upload that session again.
  • Upload of new therapy sessions is capped at 2 sessions (6 files) at one time for now until I can judge how the server is doing
Please try to go easy on uploading data for the first week or so. If you notice any performance (or any other) problems, please let me know here.

Thanks all for your patience.

tnrst1

Post by tnrst1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:42 am

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've missed your service a good bit after being diagnosed in January. I've only been able to see averages on the machine and sometimes I don't know when/if I took my mask of during the night. Last night my AHI was 5.46 after starting a new med to help me sleep some (gabapentin). I'll be using onkor.net to monitor things like that. Thank you again for your work and the personal sacrifice that must have gone/go into providing this.

tnrst1

Post by tnrst1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:12 am

cpapdork wrote:Onkor has now been moved to a new home and is operational again at its usual address (http://www.onkor.net). If you notice any performance (or any other) problems, please let me know here.
I have the good fortune of several sessions lasting longer than 7 hours (finally) but an error is received when the air flow plot tries to load. It loads for sessions < 5hr.

cpapdork

Post by cpapdork » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:33 am

tnrst1 wrote:I have the good fortune of several sessions lasting longer than 7 hours (finally) but an error is received when the air flow plot tries to load. It loads for sessions < 5hr.
Ah, thanks for reporting this. I think I've I fixed it. You will probably need to upload those longer datasets again, but then you should see flow.

tnrst1

Post by tnrst1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:52 pm

cpapdork wrote:
tnrst1 wrote:I have the good fortune of several sessions lasting longer than 7 hours (finally) but an error is received when the air flow plot tries to load. It loads for sessions < 5hr.
Ah, thanks for reporting this. I think I've I fixed it. You will probably need to upload those longer datasets again, but then you should see flow.

Awesome, thanks. I didn't even have to reupload. It's fixed for me.

ZF

Post by ZF » Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:25 pm

Thank you very much for having it back. Great service.