Desperately Seeking a Cpap Donation... Help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ronnie Libra

Desperately Seeking a Cpap Donation... Help!

Post by Ronnie Libra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:50 pm

I'm sure if I searched and searched and searched I could find plenty of threads similar to this, however I am pretty much in Zombie Mode today and it is getting to the point where every f---in night is a battle..

I am broke, and am starting what could turn out to be a great job on the 9th. But my biggest worry is that I will have sleep screw me up and I'll get fired from being grumpy or whatever. I need to get some fricken regular sleep. I need a mask. I didn't even really know I had sleep apnea until about a month ago, but I suspected something was wrong. I couldn't afford a sleep study so I took part in one for a University, where they promised they would give me the results of the sleep diagnosis, but they are taking their sweet time.

They did tell me verbally that I have moderate sleep apnea. To be honest, lately it has been kicking my ass.

I tried calling the Awakeinamerica group directly and the message on their voicemail was a little disconcerting. They said that they are not in operation at the moment because everyone there is having some sort of personal issue. No, really - call them yourself 215-764-6568. Their applications require things like notaries which cost money and coming up with a lot of paperwork I don't really have at the moment. The other thing is after I get them the application it would appear that WHO KNOWS how long it will take for them to get things turned around with their current difficulties.

I also came across http://www.secondwindcpap.com whom I called and left a voicemail, but haven't heard back yet - keeping my fingers crossed...

So basically what I want to do is to figure out a way to get the hookup on a mask and whatever else I need to get started with all of this so I can get some normal sleep again in my life, do a great job at my new place of employment, work out regularly, and pretty much overall not sleep half of my life away (and I mean half of the time I should be awake.) Keep in mind - I have no money, no insurance and no way to really pay for a mask.

I'm tired of this wrestling match every time I lay down. I'm tired of waking up feeling like a zombie. I'm tired of going to bed wondering if the next day I will have energy or not. I'm tired of missing out on life. I'm pretty much just tired...
Ronnie Libra
librachronicles.wordpress.com

Pugsy

Re: Desperately Seeking a Cpap Donation... Help!

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:04 pm

I have a used Swift LT nasal pillow mask that you can have. The headgear is much used but still quite serviceable. I have several new unused nasal pillows (only have XS and Small though) that you can also have. If you think you can use it just send me a private message with mailing information and I will send it to you. No need for payment. I no longer use this model of mask and have no use for it.
If you like it and need a larger nasal pillow you can find some on EBay for around $10 to $15 and sometimes even less.

It is this mask here. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

Routing it over the head is optional. I have the clips for it but I never used the over the head thing. I didn't like it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:07 pm

Are you looking for a machine also? It will be hard to find a free machine but sometimes some very decent machines are available on craigslist. Older and cheaper but serviceable.

Secondwindcpap.com is an option and several forum members have used them.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Ronnie Libra

Post by Ronnie Libra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Pugsy wrote:I have a used Swift LT nasal pillow mask that you can have. The headgear is much used but still quite serviceable. I have several new unused nasal pillows (only have XS and Small though) that you can also have. If you think you can use it just send me a private message with mailing information and I will send it to you. No need for payment. I no longer use this model of mask and have no use for it.
If you like it and need a larger nasal pillow you can find some on EBay for around $10 to $15 and sometimes even less.

It is this mask here. https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... dgear.html

Routing it over the head is optional. I have the clips for it but I never used the over the head thing. I didn't like it.

You are awesome my man.. I'm PMing you now...

I'm assuming I still need a machine to work the mask with?
Ronnie Libra

jamiswolf

Post by jamiswolf » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:19 pm

Ronnie,
It would help to know how large a person you are. Do you have a big face. In this situation gender is applicable.

I have a cpap plus machine I could send you. It's a very basic unit but it blows air...actually doesn't have too many hours either. And once you get something better, it can be a spare. I have hoses and masks too but I need to know your approximate face size. I may have a humidifer laying around as well.

Try and get back to me asap because I'm driving into town to go to the UPS store tomorrow and I could get it sent off to you then. PM me an address and mask size. I'm a large guy with a large face and a size large will fit me. A tiny woman often will need a small or even a petite. Everything else is in between. Actually the only mask I'd be willing to let go of right now is a medium.
Jamis

Ronnie Libra

Post by Ronnie Libra » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:43 pm

jamiswolf wrote:Ronnie,
It would help to know how large a person you are. Do you have a big face. In this situation gender is applicable.

I have a cpap plus machine I could send you. It's a very basic unit but it blows air...actually doesn't have too many hours either. And once you get something better, it can be a spare. I have hoses and masks too but I need to know your approximate face size. I may have a humidifer laying around as well.

Try and get back to me asap because I'm driving into town to go to the UPS store tomorrow and I could get it sent off to you then. PM me an address and mask size. I'm a large guy with a large face and a size large will fit me. A tiny woman often will need a small or even a petite. Everything else is in between. Actually the only mask I'd be willing to let go of right now is a medium.
Jamis
You guys are fricken AWESOME! I'll pm you right now!
Ronnie Libra

chearyshe

Post by chearyshe » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:31 am

LOLOL! I must have some hormonal imbalance today or something because I'm all teared up about the help you're willing to give Ronnie Libra! How great is that? WOW! Talk abour caring!

Bless y'all!

Geula!!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:29 am

I will be sending my used Swift LT with a few unused nasal pillows for the mask. I only have XS and Small because I use those sizes and traded my Mediums for them. If someone has a Medium or a Large Swift LT that they don't need perhaps they could offer that size. The headgear will work because it is highly adjustable but Ronnie may need a larger sized pillow being a man. All depends on nostril size.

If none available there is always EBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ResMed-Swift-LT ... 1c22994536 this auction has no bids and ends in 2 days so not a long wait.
$3.99 starting bid. Shipping $.99....

I saw some Mediums also. One for $15 buy it now price...free shipping.

I also have a new unopened gray long hose for humidifier that I will be sending. I don't have any other masks that will work. I traded all my stash a while back for Swift FX pillows. I will check with Jamiswolfe and if my filters will work with the machine he is donating...I can send a few of those white fine filters as I bought some in bulk for a good deal on EBay.

Ronnie Libra

Post by Ronnie Libra » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:03 pm

Pugsy wrote:The headgear will work because it is highly adjustable but Ronnie may need a larger sized pillow being a man. All depends on nostril size.
What? Are you trying to say I have a big nose? Just kidding... You guys are very cool. I honestly wasn't expecting this much support and it's good to see some really cool people out there, who are this giving. Have no fear, I am totally Karmic and will keep the cycle going...

PS - Sorry you just brought this to my mind...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahg2GVWHGKY
Ronnie Libra

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Ronnie Libra wrote:Are you trying to say I have a big nose?
Nostril opening...not size of nose. Since men are usually larger than women..men usually have a bit larger noses and also larger nostril openings. Cold hard fact of life but of course there are women with very large noses and men with tiny peanut noses.
If you need a bit large nasal pillow..it is actually the tips of the cones that go inside the nostril and not the whole pillow...it will be more comfortable for you and less likely to leak but the small can be used and is better than nothing until you get things situated.

I will send the mask out Monday along with the new long hose. You should get it Thursday. I will send it 3 day Priority. You need to find the brochure on it online to see how it fits.. I lost the paperwork.
I will have it all assembled so you can see how it goes together at least.
I will make sure to include the XS size just in case you have a peanut nose.

banananna

Post by banananna » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:53 am

Hello, all!

I tried posting this in the donation thread, but my post does not appear there (or I haven't figured how to find it)
I am writing to you to ask for a donation of a CPAP machine.

My partner was diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago, and he also suffers from asthma, Hashimoto disease and insulin resistance, thus he really lacks vitality. We live in Bulgaria, the poorest country in Europe, which has a very low standard of living, compared to the US, and thus CPAP machines are very expensive for us, and they are not covered for by health insurance. Actually in Bulgaria they cost about 30% to 50% more than in the US. For a good-quality CPAP machine we need to pay a price equal to my salary for 3-4 months.

We had been saving to buy a machine for 1 year, and then my partner got laid off from work in December 2011 and I had to take an unpaid leave of absence just a week ago to fly to the US to take care of my mother, who just underwent an open heart surgery (triple bypass) at the St. Joseph hospital in Atlanta. Needless to say, what we had saved up to pay for a CPAP was used to pay for my airfare from Sofia, Bulgaria to Atlanta, Georgia.

If anyone of you has a CPAP they don't use, we will really appreciate your donation. My partner does have a mask, as his doctor let him rent a CPAP machine for 1 month to see if it will help (it sure did!) and he was required to buy a new mask for it for $100. I don't know if all masks fit all models of CPAP, but thought this is important.

Well, hoping someone out there can help us. You can email me at atraykovaATyahoo.com (insert @ where the AT is) I will be in the US until the first week of March, so no international mailing is necessary.

Wishing you all the best of health,

Anna Traykova

Ronnie Libra

Post by Ronnie Libra » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:48 pm

banananna wrote:Hello, all!

I tried posting this in the donation thread, but my post does not appear there (or I haven't figured how to find it)
I am writing to you to ask for a donation of a CPAP machine.

My partner was diagnosed with sleep apnea 2 years ago, and he also suffers from asthma, Hashimoto disease and insulin resistance, thus he really lacks vitality. We live in Bulgaria, the poorest country in Europe, which has a very low standard of living, compared to the US, and thus CPAP machines are very expensive for us, and they are not covered for by health insurance. Actually in Bulgaria they cost about 30% to 50% more than in the US. For a good-quality CPAP machine we need to pay a price equal to my salary for 3-4 months.

We had been saving to buy a machine for 1 year, and then my partner got laid off from work in December 2011 and I had to take an unpaid leave of absence just a week ago to fly to the US to take care of my mother, who just underwent an open heart surgery (triple bypass) at the St. Joseph hospital in Atlanta. Needless to say, what we had saved up to pay for a CPAP was used to pay for my airfare from Sofia, Bulgaria to Atlanta, Georgia.

If anyone of you has a CPAP they don't use, we will really appreciate your donation. My partner does have a mask, as his doctor let him rent a CPAP machine for 1 month to see if it will help (it sure did!) and he was required to buy a new mask for it for $100. I don't know if all masks fit all models of CPAP, but thought this is important.

Well, hoping someone out there can help us. You can email me at atraykovaATyahoo.com (insert @ where the AT is) I will be in the US until the first week of March, so no international mailing is necessary.

Wishing you all the best of health,

Anna Traykova
Good luck. These people are very nice. I hope you find someone who can hook you up...
Ronnie Libra

dutchgirl

Post by dutchgirl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:16 pm

I have been trying to find a person or organization that would take my cpap machines. some of the machines have new supples for them. I have 3 machines.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 pm

Hey there Ronnie.

Click on the link that I forwarded to you, then click on "sizing guide" for nasal mask. That will help with sizing your nose, not nostrils, just nose.
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/comfor ... onics.html

Starlette

STL Mark

Post by STL Mark » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:15 pm

I have a used M series respironics bipap auto that I would donate to a good home. Has travel case, heated humidifier, smart card, power supply. I can donate a hose if you need one. May even have a full face mask that is used around here that I can send.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18