SleepyHead Tutorial Under Underconstruction

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: SleepyHead Tutorial Under Underconstruction

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:21 pm

I have no idea what the 2 max pressures mean.
The leak lines...mine have been messed up for quite some time. To be honest, I don't even bother with these overview graphs. There isn't anything there that I need so I haven't spent much time there. My leak lines have been missing for quite some time on the overview graphs but not in the daily detailed reports. Or rather they are sporadically there. I told Mark about it but at the time I was the only one reporting it and it didn't matter to me so I don't think anything was done about it.
The sessions well, you can turn the short session off or set SH to ignore them.
I don't know anyway to get what you are wanting from the overview section.

Sorry...but I am pretty much useless with the overview area questions you have.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

napstress

Post by napstress » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:38 am

Pugsy wrote:To be honest, I don't even bother with these overview graphs. There isn't anything there that I need so I haven't spent much time there.
Thanks for looking at them, anyway. What do you look at in SH? What info do you find valuable?
Epworth Sleepiness Scale: 14
Diagnostic study: overall AHI: 0.2 events/hour; overall RDI: 45 events/hour
Titration study: AHI: 6.1; RDI: 27; CPAP pressures: 5-8cm

Not-tired behind my eyes and with a clear, cool head!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:05 am

napstress wrote:What do you look at in SH? What info do you find valuable?
Same thing I looked at when SH wasn't available and the only thing I had available was Encore reports.
I just look at the daily detailed reports. Maybe the overall long term average pressure or 90/95% pressure and that was it.
The summary graphs for pressures and leaks are just not that informative to me. Never have been.
I look at the daily detailed reports...if everything is acceptable on it...then the long term is going to also be acceptable.
A few little oddball things aren't going to make much of a difference one way or another in the overall big big picture.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 am

Arizona-Willie wrote: ..As a suggestion for an improvement, my night time O2 readings are pretty good with the machine blowing air into my lungs. I get a baseline of 91 or 92 most nights.
But, during the daytime, my O2 often goes down into the mid 80's but if I record the data with my Contec O2 meter I can't import it into sleepyhead because sleepyhead says the time stamps don't match --- naturally.

It would be nice if the programmer could incorporate the ability to input daytime O2 readings, somehow.
Sleepyhead gives a better breakdown and analysis than the contec software.

Thanks
I think you could create another user profile for your daytime O2 data.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:29 am

DUPLICATE SESSIONS FIX
I'm copying this post over here because there are so many mentions of the duplicate sessions issue I can't tell if anyone else has tried this, or when Mark's fix is coming out, or if it already has.
I did it last night and it worked.
I also created a new user because I'm not going to flip all those switches since my data is in ResScan too. But I loaded the data to both users so there was no new time data for sleepyhead to add. So you won't have to flip the switches.
If you need your compliance data, it's your call, but you could just use a different card, and take them both with you.

I also turned off the "combine close sessions" feature, but I'm not sure if it took.
Edit to add: wiped = "ERASE ALL DATA" on the card and then the machine before you put the blank sd card back in the machine.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78250&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Lizistired wrote:
Lizistired wrote: Anyway, has anyone wiped the card and the machine to stop future writes of the updated times. Of course, it would have to do be done at every time change. I will today, it was late last night so I didn't want to fool with it.

Also , has the sessions inside sessions thing been addressed?
I think it has to do with the "combine close sessions" function.
This worked.

Last edited by Lizistired on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 am

Liz....wiped the card and machine as in erased all data on the SD card (or use a new blank card) and reset the machine data to zero therapy session data? Just confirming that your wiping is what I consider wiping.
Please send me a PM to confirm....in case this post is off the front page when I get back and I know I will have forgotten to look for it.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:06 am

Sent you a pm, but I'll post here too for clarity.
Yep. In the s9 it's "erase data" in the clinician's menu, and doesn't affect any other settings.
Just do it before you put the blank sd card in.

I'm guessing the way the s9 stores onboard data, it gets the machine time everytime it writes data to the card, and we change the time. It's not sleepyhead's fault, except that sleepyhead accepts new cpap data for days that it already has data for.

Do you know what the "DST" setting in sh does? I'm going to turn that off too, if I can find it, because sh shouldn't need to do anything about that, since we change the time.

Since last spring, 2011, when we had time change data gaps, I have thought that ResMed was trying to incorporate dst into the firmware, and probably gave it up because some US presidents just decide to change the date on a whim.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 am

Liz,I'm sorry but could you or Pugsy "speak more slowly"! Can you give me instructions in a Step 1, Step 2 format? I'm confused about what to do first and in which order on the machine settings and what to do on SH and which to do first,etc? Thank you! I'm sorry to be such a baby!

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:11 am

DoriC wrote:Liz,I'm sorry but could you or Pugsy "speak more slowly"! Can you give me instructions in a Step 1, Step 2 format? I'm confused about what to do first and in which order on the machine settings and what to do on SH and which to do first,etc? Thank you! I'm sorry to be such a baby!
I thought you used ResScan?!
Anyway, with your sd card in your computer, delete all the files on the sd card.
Before you put the card back into the S9, go into the clinician's menu and "erase data".
Then put the blank sd card back in the S9.

Unless Mike sleeps through the noon hour when cpap changes days...
In sleepyhead, go to file, preferences, import tab, and set both of those sliders all the way to the left, OFF

edit to add: I also went to file, edit profile, and unchecked the DST box.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks Liz, I use Resmed and SH, I'm addicted to both reports! I'll follow your instructions and let you know how I make out! Hope my machine doesn't "explode"!!

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:28 pm

I understand everything except deleting all the files on the SD card. Do I go to Disk E:\Datalog, Select All, then click Delete Selected Items? Is that where the files are kept?

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:34 pm

DoriC wrote:I understand everything except deleting all the files on the SD card. Do I go to Disk E:\Datalog, Select All, then click Delete Selected Items? Is that where the files are kept?
If E:\ is the SD slot where you put your card, yes. If you are looking at it in "my computer" it should tell you it is the sd card. You want to delete everything on the card.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 am

Update! Liz, Thank you, Everything worked fine, ResScan has no problems, SH now has the correct Bedtime and Wakeup times=22.40PM-7:59AM, 9hrs,18mins. The only problem is that in the Session Information section it now lists the one session and has the Start time correct at 22.40 but the End time is also 22.40. Could it have anything to do with turning those sliders to Off? What do you think I can change? Thanks, I'm getting happy!

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:58 am

You mean the "session times" in the "overview" tab? Nevermind, I see you mean under the Daily tab. What does it show in the overview tab?
It probably is the slider and you can set those back. I turned them off because in some of my duplicate data, the whole night was a session and individual "sub-sessions" were counted. So one night I had slept for 40 hours.
I'm new at SH, I don't know if those slider settings are applied to the data being downloaded, or the data being displayed.
I'm leaning toward when it's downloaded/imported because I didn't seem to happen consistantly, but that could be because I haven't downloaded consistantly, ...nevermind, I'm thinking outloud...rambling
I'm not finding that in mine, but you could reset the slider and see if that changes the display. If it doesn't, re-import the data and see what you get.
Check the sliders periodically though. I had a problem getting the settings to stick.
Hopefully Pugsy will be around today to give us her insight.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:29 pm

What slider settings? The session slider to ignore short sessions? I think it applies to both...as in if someone had a bunch of 15 minute sessions last month and just now set it to ignore 15 minute or less sessions and I think those sessions will be removed from the old reports as well as any new downloaded data.
I don't have many short sessions to test though and my session slider is just set to ignore 5 minutes or less and I rarely have even a 1 minute short session.

Going to erase my SD card and reset the VPAP machine tonight.