Fellacio and Sleep Apnea

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Portlandmax

Fellacio and Sleep Apnea

Post by Portlandmax » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:53 pm

Why does my legitimate question get deleted just because it includes the topic of a sexual nature?

Does performing deep fellacio cause, complicate or increase the symptoms of sleep apnea?

rocklin

Re: Fellacio and Sleep Apnea

Post by rocklin » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:01 pm

Portlandmax wrote:Why does my legitimate question get deleted just because it includes the topic of a sexual nature?

Does performing deep fellatio cause, complicate or increase the symptoms of sleep apnea?
I would think the opposite.

It's the classic "sword-swallower" effect described in the scientific literature.
It is easy to be brave from a safe distance - Aesop

STL Mark

Post by STL Mark » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:59 pm

My guess is the receiver would sleep much better after the act.

What happened to the previous two posts? Guess they were chicken.

Last edited by STL Mark on Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Sorry you can't sleep; but it's not MY problem.

osmium sleeper

Post by osmium sleeper » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:06 pm

I think you would be hard pressed to find any data about this question.

NachtWürger

ADULTS ONLY

Post by NachtWürger » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Portlandmax wrote:Why does my legitimate question get deleted just because it includes the topic of a sexual nature?

Does performing deep fellatio cause, complicate or increase the symptoms of sleep apnea?
I can only assume it was deleted by the administrators because you failed to indicate whether it was being performed on male or female.

In any case, a literature search shows no suitable studies available.

However if you are speaking of performance on a male, there may be some beneficial effect if the ejaculate liquid is maintained. One might speculate that this liquid could act as a soft tissue lubricant in the airway if proper technique is maintained and the lubricant remains in place while sleeping. See Surface Tension Forces in Sleep Apnea: The Role of a Soft Tissue Lubricant

But for "headache nights" you might want to consider a banana smoothie - quite inexpensive and required foreplay is minimal:
A Banana Shake. Yes, a banana shake. A study from the University of New England in New South Wales, Australia, was presented at an April 2009 conference of the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand. News reports in Australian media say that these researchers have taken a step toward using the phospholipids in a bedtime banana smoothie to reduce choking risk in sleep apnea.5

According to the news reports, researchers theorized that phospholipids, which are known for keeping the throat open, could be used to help open the airway in apnea patients. Bananas contain phospholipids, but the researchers did not know whether the phospholipids would stay in the mouth during sleep.

To find out, the researchers followed eight women who each consumed 130 grams of ripe banana before sleep. The women were subsequently checked for phospholipids and showed that the phospholipids remained present in the mouth after 6 hours of sleep. If the banana was blended into a smoothie, a larger amount of phospholipids was detected.

The next phase of the study will research the effects of this banana on CPAP patients with OSA. It is theorized that a banana smoothie consumed before CPAP therapy could reduce positive airway pressures, but there was no indication on whether the researchers will test the banana's effect on primary snoring

Perhaps, if the Australian studies on phospholipids prove to be effective, in a few years, treatment will all come down to a banana shake. Yum.

http://www.sleepreviewmag.com/issues/ar ... -06_07.asp
Myriad facets of the banana smoothie therapy have been previously explored in cpaptalk: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40884&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Hose_Head

Post by Hose_Head » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:23 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:Sorry you can't sleep; but it's not MY problem.

It COULD be if he's your bus driver, pilot, surgeon, .......
I'm workin' on it.

mstevens

Re: ADULTS ONLY

Post by mstevens » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:38 pm

NachtWürger wrote:I can only assume it was deleted by the administrators because you failed to indicate whether it was being performed on male or female.
Only one of those scenarios is possible.

My burning question is how the term ended up being misspelled in the thread title when it appears it was correctly spelled originally?

Untreated AHI: 86
Treated AHI: 0.4

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:38 pm

NachtWürger wrote:To find out, the researchers followed eight women who each consumed 130 grams of ripe banana before sleep. The women were subsequently checked for phospholipids and showed that the phospholipids remained present in the mouth after 6 hours of sleep. If the banana was blended into a smoothie, a larger amount of phospholipids was detected.
Did the subjects brush their teeth after eating the banana or drinking the banana shake?!
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:42 pm

I can't look at the word "fellatio" without remembering this incident from long ago. I introduced my then-boyfriend to a woman named Felicia.

Me: This is Felicia.
Him: Fellatio?!

It was very hard for me not to laugh. In fact, I think I failed. She, on the other hand, was not amused.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

Kody

Post by Kody » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:47 pm

SleepingUgly wrote: Did the subjects brush their teeth after eating the banana or drinking the banana shake?!
Good question, also would be curious to find out if the subjects, spit out the banana shake, or swallowed it?...
Complex Sleep Apnea

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:52 pm

Kody wrote:
SleepingUgly wrote: Did the subjects brush their teeth after eating the banana or drinking the banana shake?!
Good question, also would be curious to find out if the subjects, spit out the banana shake, or swallowed it?...
It doesn't really matter, as long as the banana thought they swallowed.

Kody

Post by Kody » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:14 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:
Kody wrote:
It doesn't really matter, as long as the banana thought they swallowed.

Complex Sleep Apnea

Elle

Post by Elle » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:34 pm

Lots of teen aged cpap ers here today.

Randyp1234

Post by Randyp1234 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:37 pm

NachtWürger wrote:
In any case, a literature search shows no suitable studies available.
I'm sure there'd be many men offering to do their part should there be a study.