We have another troll, worm, slug, spammer.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
billbolton

Re: We have another troll, worm, slug, spammer.

Post by billbolton » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 am

-SWS wrote:Oh Geez, Mars. Give it a rest.
+1

jnk

Post by jnk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:59 am

mars wrote: Right JNK ?
My plan is to continue posting in my usual manner--stating my opinions without stooping to personal attacks in response to those whose opinions differ from mine.

If you are now choosing to begin a pattern of doing the same, then I certainly wish you the best in that endeavor, Sir, and will support it to the best of my ability, whether you choose to apologize publicly for your repeated name-calling and accusations toward me and others or not.

*handshake*

mars

Post by mars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:49 am

jnk wrote:
mars wrote: Right JNK ?
My plan is to continue posting in my usual manner--stating my opinions without stooping to personal attacks in response to those whose opinions differ from mine.

If you are now choosing to begin a pattern of doing the same, then I certainly wish you the best in that endeavor, Sir, and will support it to the best of my ability, whether you choose to apologize publicly for your repeated name-calling and accusations toward me and others or not.

*handshake*
Given that you are the one who has lied, and misinformed people, and doctored quotes to suit your agenda, then no - I will not be apologising. Your poll is a sham, you do not invite people to vote after they have checked out my links, so most would be unaware of why I am exposing you.

_SWS tried to finish this, and I went along with him. But your ungracious, insincere and sanctimonious reply does not deserve a handshake. And should you continue to lie and misinform on anything I post, or use other identities to hassle me, - I will continue to expose you.

However, I will let this drop now, no matter what you do, as further hassle is pointless.

Mars
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

jazzer4

Post by jazzer4 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:15 am

Just recently two of my adult sons have been diagnosed with OSA.
I sent both of them the link to the wonderful forum of people I respect for their
knowledge and willingness to help others.

Now I'm embarrassed and hope they don't sign up till after this blows over.

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest
Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

Jazz, that's always my concern about the newbies. I know for a fact that when we have these flare ups from time to time, we lose newbies. Some have written to me privately about their dismay and have left the forum still needing our help and support. During the firestorm that Mars refers to relating to Jnk,(which was unnecessary to bring up), I know that Jnk's heartfelt apology and explanation came through loud and clear and the situation was happily resolved and his mutual friendship with the members continues without reservation to this day. It also went a long way towards easing the edginess that some newbies were feeling and so they stayed and they're now active members today. I always enjoy his observations and discussions about OSA and I learn a lot from him. Besides, he's always good for a laugh! Mars, you and I have gotten to know each other and you know I like you, but today I'm disappointed.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

jnk

Post by jnk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:53 am

jazzer4 wrote:Just recently two of my adult sons have been diagnosed with OSA.
I sent both of them the link to the wonderful forum of people I respect for their
knowledge and willingness to help others.

Now I'm embarrassed and hope they don't sign up till after this blows over.
I sincerely apologize, jazzer4. I didn't know what else to do. Ignoring it all just didn't seem to be working.

Feel free to PM me if either of them shows up, and I will do my level best to be of specific help in those threads in any way I can.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:16 am

Mars and JNK
Grow up BOYS------you both sound just like my 4 year old great-grandson----an argument at any cost. If you want to sling mud at each other do it via pm, not on an open forum that is designed to help folks, not send them away. You both make me feel like I'm responsible since I started this thread and I only mean it to help out.
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

jnk

Post by jnk » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:15 pm

nanwilson wrote:Mars and JNK
Grow up BOYS------you both sound just like my 4 year old great-grandson----an argument at any cost. If you want to sling mud at each other do it via pm, not on an open forum that is designed to help folks, not send them away. You both make me feel like I'm responsible since I started this thread and I only mean it to help out.
Nan
Sorry, Nan. I didn't reallize I had slung any mud. In fact, if you get an opportunity, I would very much appreciate it if you could PM me to show me some instances of my having done so. After all, I am always willing to learn how to improve my behavior in the forum. I need some specific instances though, if you don't mind.

Or if your point is that it is your requirement that I remain completely silent when repeatedly being attacked and called a "dishonest" "liar," then I will gladly remain silent on the matter in any thread that you start, if that is your rule for your threads.

Thanks in advance. I will be watching my PMs.

Please, help me grow up, Nan.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 pm

Luckily my third-grader just finished his conflict management training and is ready for duty! I think he can help you. But no hitting or kicking, or he has a to call a teacher.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

burlyblack

Post by burlyblack » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 pm

I am a newbie and have just a little to say....respect is earned and not demanded with bogus justifications....thus, wear the hat that fits

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 pm

Maybe we do need sections. Some forums have a "Lounge" for off topic threads. I think we need an "Alley".

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

mars wrote:Given that you are the one who has lied, and misinformed people, and doctored quotes to suit your agenda, then no - I will not be apologising. Your poll is a sham, you do not invite people to vote after they have checked out my links, so most would be unaware of why I am exposing you.
Mars, I looked at the link on P2 to the positional therapy thread and in that thread you accuse JNK of being a liar. There starts the personal attacks. If you disagree with what he posted, then just post that you disagree and state that you think it's incorrect and post your information that proves your point.

Calling someone a liar and stating that they are intentinoally misleading or misinforming people is a personal attack which really has no place in any forum. Let us make up our own minds about whether someone is a liar or not or whether the information is true or not. We really don't need you to decide for us because none of us has any way of knowing whether someone is a liar or not or if their intentions are to intentinoally mislead. Personal attacks pollute the whole process of sharing information and debating. And if you do think someone is intentionally leading people astray, then please take it quietly to PM or take it to admin and let admin deal with it.

We don't need to see your personal opinions about someone you don't know nor are we interested in those attacks. However, if you have information to share that may enhance our therapy and experience with sleep apnea, and information that may contradict or clarify what someone else posts, then by all means, let's see it.

Let's see it without you having to call someone a liar.
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

Vader

Post by Vader » Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:16 pm

rested gal wrote:
SleepyT wrote:I'll have to agree with Dori (and I usually do! )....jnk has always seemed helpful and intelligent...and funny! I don't think he's a troll either.
I agree absolutely. Jeff (jnk) is a treasure on this forum, imho.

by golly, I'll second and third that!

Vader

SleepyT

Post by SleepyT » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:54 am

Welp....this has been an "interesting thread" on many levels. I do hope it is about over. I've put in my 2 cents a couple of times...here comes (as Bill Bolton said) +1...making it 3 cents! First of all....Nan...none of this is your fault. We are all sick to death of trolls...but as I mentioned....we are stuck with them. You were simply lamenting that point. Dori...I know you worry about newbies reading mess like this thread...but honestly, we are all one big (dysfunctional) family at times...and the good we get from this forum (the information) comes with the bad...unfortunately. That's just life. Such as it is. Finally...I don't think of Mars or jnk as trolls or otherwise bad people. I have learned from both of you along my way...and expect that to continue.

At the risk of being politically incorrect...let's have a Merry Christmas, folks. Don't let the pressure of the holidays send us down Lumps of Coal Lane. I love all of ya'll. Thanks again for getting me thru the first two years!!!

T.

"Knowledge is power."

jabman

Post by jabman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I am not calling anyone a troll just thought this was funny.

Psalm 150: 6
Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.
Praise the LORD.

"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing. " - Blaise Pascal.