We have another troll, worm, slug, spammer.

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RocketGirl

Re: We have another troll, worm, slug, spammer.

Post by RocketGirl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:50 pm

Lizistired wrote:
jamiswolf wrote:What's the fuss? Let the guy express his opinion, however obnoxious he is.
J
Because since his arrival, he has offered nothing positive to this forum, only criticism to members that come here for help and support for OSA issues.
Actually, if you go back and look at his other posts (there aren't many, so it's possible to do), that's not quite a fair assessment - there have been some that are supportive, some that offered information, at least one in defense of another, and some that are perhaps more abrasive than they needed to be.

In my humble opinion (for whatever THAT's worth), that just makes him a human being (avatar notwithstanding)*

[*avatar comment meant as having a little gentle fun, not intended as a criticism ]

CarpeNoctum

Post by CarpeNoctum » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Rocketgirl wrote: In my humble opinion (for whatever THAT's worth), that just makes him a human being (avatar notwithstanding)*
Thanks Rocketgirl...you aren't suggesting people are judging me by my looks?

Like everyone, I have a variety if opinions and I hope I can indulge myself here.
CN

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 pm

CarpeNoctum wrote:
Am I the only person here to speak my mind? Not...
CN
You are not allowed to voice an opinion that offends the board clique.

Watch this post get deleted. The clique cannot stand having the truth about themselves pointed out.

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:47 pm

nanwilson wrote:Looks like we have another "trickster" trying to get our goat.........take a look at some of the old threads that are popping up with no recent posts.....I just went to read a couple of them before I realized they were old ones. Also someone is putting stupid posts on to legitimate threads...also starting their own. Just a heads up friends.

Oh, come on. When someone votes in a poll, it moves the thread to the top of the list, even though there is no new post. That hardly constitutes trolling, worming, slugging, or spamming, and it doesn't warrant a heads up.

Don't you have something better to complain about?

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:20 am

Funny....out of 16 posts, 5 of them are yours CN.....perhaps "thou doest protest too much"..whats the matter, feeling guilty?

I didn't expect to have any replies to this post, thought I was only giving the rest of the members a "heads up". But it seems we have a guilty party.............right CN. Have you enjoyed the disruption you have caused???? The rest of us are here to help each other out,not cause more pain to those that are already suffering.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

mars

Post by mars » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi Nan

The latest troll technique is to make a few apparently genuine posts, to help disguise their true intent - which as usual is to be as nasty and obnoxious as possible. Confident that their supposedly genuine posts will protect them. The expert at this is JNK, who has deceived many people before.

Gratuitous insults, and downright nastiness, are not signs that someone is here seek help, or give help. And the odd post that appears to do that will not convince me otherwise. They are here to cause trouble,

Now we have Samaniego pretending to be Spanish, but with a perfect English signature. He posted 3 bullshit posts, then immediately started attacking me, all on the same day, and has continued to do so. His attacks bear the hallmark of someone with an agenda. An agenda I have seen before

Just have a look at his posts -

search.php?author_id=59993&sr=posts

The only question that remains is, will Samaniego get honest, and go back to Troll Rehab for a longer visit, or stay like Peter Pan, never to grow up ?

cheers

Mars
Last edited by mars on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html

brick

Post by brick » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Oh no the troll patrol is on the beat. Good that someone is looking after our safety.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:07 pm

mars wrote:Hi Nan

The expert at this is JNK, who has deceived many people before.

cheers

Mars
Mars, I'll have to disagree with you on this point. I've never known Jnk to be nasty or obnoxious. You both have been most helpful and informative to many of us and are valued members of this forum.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

SleepyT

Post by SleepyT » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:32 pm

DoriC wrote:

cheers

Mars
Mars, I'll have to disagree with you on this point. I've never known Jnk to be nasty or obnoxious. You both have been most helpful and informative to many of us and are valued members of this forum.
I'll have to agree with Dori (and I usually do! )....jnk has always seemed helpful and intelligent...and funny! I don't think he's a troll either.

"Knowledge is power."

mars

Post by mars » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:56 pm

DoriC wrote:

cheers

Mars
Hi Dori

I do not disagree with you

Gratuitous insults and downright nastiness are not JNK's way, he is more subtle than that.

However, you might remember this -
jnk

Re: TROLL ALERT! - IF YOU ARE BORED HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TO TROLL

Postby jnk on Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:34 pm
I apologize to the entire board for my betrayal of the entire community's trust and my failing to remain who I never said I was. I leave my fate in DoriC's hands.
and everybody forgave him.

This link is in the middle of a very messy thread, but there it is -

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=54768&p=514240&hili ... ry#p514240

So as he has recently made dishonest posts about positional therapy, my guess is that JNK is at it again, hiding behind the identity of Samaniego, and all the goodwill he has on the Forum.

cheers

Mars

jnk

Post by jnk » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:47 pm

Everyone has a slightly different definition for "troll."

For example, Mars' definition is "anyone whose opinion differs from Mars."

And by that definition, I plead guilty. I am, indeed, a "troll."

In fact, by that definition, I wear it as a badge of honor!

Any board that has room for Mars has room for the night seizure dude.

Continue your personal attacks against me all you want, Mars, if it makes you feel better about yourself. I can take it. I enjoy the opportunity to practice tolerance, in fact. Just remember, though, that the newbies see how you treat others and worry they could become subjects for similar personal attacks against them.

Hurt me all you want. But do it in PMs so that the newbies don't have to see it.

Thanks.

mars

Post by mars » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 pm

jnk wrote:Everyone has a slightly different definition for "troll."

For example, Mars' definition is "anyone whose opinion differs from Mars."

And by that definition, I plead guilty. I am, indeed, a "troll."

In fact, by that definition, I wear it as a badge of honor!

Any board that has room for Mars has room for the night seizure dude.

Continue your personal attacks against me all you want, Mars, if it makes you feel better about yourself. I can take it. I enjoy the opportunity to practice tolerance, in fact. Just remember, though, that the newbies see how you treat others and worry they could become subjects for similar personal attacks against them.

Hurt me all you want. But do it in PMs so that the newbies don't have to see it.

Thanks.
Thank you for starting off with an obvious lie. It makes my response so much easier

I thought you understood that the definition I was using for you was posting misinformation, and attempting to mislead the Forum, and posting under more than one identity. But making an initial false statement, and building an arguement on that, is typical dishonest and trollish behaviour.

You are the one that has betrayed people's trust, not me.

I think that everybody, including my honest foes, would acknowledge that I do not gratuitously attack anyone, just those that malign my integrity, or those who are gratuitously obnoxious; and not even all those

Why would I expose you by PM, although I am sure it would suit you. Your concern for newcomers is self-serving, and dishonest. I suppose some "newcomer" will now attack me, but living in a duplicitous world of your making, you cause doubt to every post that a newcomer makes.

Mars

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:59 pm

SleepyT wrote:I'll have to agree with Dori (and I usually do! )....jnk has always seemed helpful and intelligent...and funny! I don't think he's a troll either.
I agree absolutely. Jeff (jnk) is a treasure on this forum, imho.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

-SWS

Post by -SWS » Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:12 am

Oh Geez, Mars. Give it a rest.

mars

Post by mars » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:17 am

-SWS wrote:Oh Geez, Mars. Give it a rest.

Hi -SWS

I didn't start this - read the threads.

such as

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70205&st=0&sk=t&sd= ... al+therapy

which has this link to JNK

viewtopic/t70222/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=70 ... 93#p649893

There is good and bad in most of us, I don't see why I should lie down and shut up just because a very popular poster decides to attack positional therapy, and distort and lie about it.

How is that helping ?

But it may well be that JNK has been smart enough to get you, and others, to think "emotionally", and so the people who could benefit from Positional Therapy may well be deprived of that possibility.

Mars

PS Does this mean I am not in the "clique" any more
I guess I never was
I must be lucky