Quantcast

Bookmark and Share
General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Danimal74

Re: CPAP causing vertigo symptoms??

Postby Danimal74 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:30 pm

Awe...palerider's the enforcer of a CPAP internet forum. Funny! You do what that and the number of posts you've made tells us, right? I've searched around a bit and read some comments you and Chunky have made and found you both more often than not insulting. You and Chunky scream insecurity.

So, I won't register, nor will I move along. I like it here.

DLIguest

Postby DLIguest on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:40 pm

Palerider. Can you teach me about what constitutes a reliable study and explain why the Taiwan study isn't? I could have sworn it was subjected to peer study. Can you dazzle us with your intellectual prowess and prove the study isn't peer reviewed. Let's test that Texas school education some, shall we? Also, let me guess: Given your bullyesque written presence, you're a Trump supporter, aren't you?

zoocrewphoto

Postby zoocrewphoto on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:42 pm

I have had vertigo twice in my 43 years. Both occurrences happened in the same week, when I was 37. I went to two different ERs since I was out of town for the first occurrence and then home for the second. I had a CT scan, then went to an ENT. I was told that it was most likely a viral ear infection. This happened about 2 years BEFORE I started cpap.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

chunkyfrog

Postby chunkyfrog on Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Vertigo, nausea, and a root canal!
I have had all three, just not concurrently.
BPPV, incorrectly diagnosed as the kind that sells drugs--EPLY maneuver knocked it down, easily.
Nausea, with simultaneous projectile vomiting and the other thing. (Eeeew!)
Root canals (my dentist is brilliant--no big deal! Really.
Would I like some more whine?

I once was lost in apnea; but now I'm found--breathing easily all night long.

Julie

Postby Julie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:08 pm

Nausea can be a byproduct of vertigo for obvious reasons, and it's quite likely all you had was a bout of vertigo, unrelated to Cpap much as you'd like to make it so to further your dramatic posts. And your rudeness, assumptions and refusal to stand up and be registered are noted.

Danimal74

Postby Danimal74 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi Julie:

First. Why would you assume I want to blame my CPAP for the severe vertigo/nausea/migraine I had 11 days ago? I thankfully no longer have nausea and the dizziness is clearing, but the migraine remains. No wonder I'm cranky. I'm not looking to lay blame; I'm looking to find out what I have so I know I didn't have a stroke and that I'll eventually get better.

Second. While I don't particularly like lashing out out people, I'm guessing you agree Chunky and Palerider are, at times, rude, right? You've posted a lot here too, so you've seen a lot of their comments, so you must know if they're really good people. Please share your opinion and let us know what you like and dislike about each, and please be specific. I'm interested...

Julie

Postby Julie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:25 pm

I think Chunky's on the deep side... may seem not to say much in many posts, but when she does, they mean something and she has something to say.

PR is a tech wizard, an exceptional friend if you're lucky enough to be on that list, and while he doesn't have patience with nonsense, b-s, etc. if you want to learn something (about a lot of things) you should pay attention... do not underestimate him ever. And don't go by superficial 'looks'.

Oh, and PS - a lot of people have accused me of being rude, too forthright, etc. over time, but I'm trying to tone it down for the sake of everyone else.
Last edited by Julie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chevie

Postby Chevie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:31 pm

DLIguest wrote:Palerider: Given your bullyesque written presence, you're a Trump supporter, aren't you?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wrong. He is one of your liberal bedfellows. Voted for Obama twice. Has voted straight Democrat always.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Danimal74

Postby Danimal74 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:42 pm

Thank you for sharing, Julie. So analytical, critical thinkers that aren't, at times, the most flexible, cordial communicators in the world...gotcha.

Chevie: No way he's a liberal/progressive. I'm guessing libertarian...maybe conservative.

Julie

Postby Julie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:09 pm

It's a possibility :lol:

But if you're looking for hardcore GOP types, check out Goofproof - won't be disappointed! :lol:

zoocrewphoto

Postby zoocrewphoto on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 pm

Have you had a CT scan? Sudden headaches that are bad and last a long time really need to be checked out.

When I had vertigo, I had nausea, but NO headache. The nausea was caused by my eyes and ears having a disagreement. The solution (for me) was motion sickness medication.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

palerider

Postby palerider on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:41 pm

Danimal74 wrote:Chevie: No way he's a liberal/progressive. I'm guessing libertarian...maybe conservative.

something else you're wrong about.

but, since you just want to cause trouble, you go right ahead and believe what you want to. :lol:

Danimal74

Postby Danimal74 on Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:53 pm

So, Palerider, where is your proof the study demonstrating CPAP users are more prone to pneumonia is unreliable and was not subject to peer review? Also, why do we clean our CPAPs and associated equipment if they can't make us sick. Julie has high praise for you, so the stage is yours...enlighten us...let's test out that Texas education.

Julie

Postby Julie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:10 pm

Well I'll answer part of that... if it really needs explaining :roll:

Why do you wash anything (dishes after rinsing) even though you know (or should) that chances of actually getting sick any time soon are fairly remote unless your immune system is shot? You do it 'because'. Because you prefer things to be clean. NOT supersterile, but life is more pleasant when things are clean. And when you breathe into/onto something all night that's up against your face, it's civilized and more pleasant to have it clean next time you use it. And if perchance some microbe actually did manage to affix itself after floating around the room, being on your beard, your long hair for the day, well it will hopefully go away in the wash. IF however, you tend to harbor Ebola and pestilence in your bedroom, I suppose sterilization would be called for - you never know after all. If you really need it explained... I mean waving a kid's lollipop around in the air for 10 mins (let alone being dropped on the floor) is standard and most kids survive.

Are you having fun yet?
Last edited by Julie on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zoocrewphoto

Postby zoocrewphoto on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:14 pm

Danimal74 wrote:So, Palerider, where is your proof the study demonstrating CPAP users are more prone to pneumonia is unreliable and was not subject to peer review? Also, why do we clean our CPAPs and associated equipment if they can't make us sick. Julie has high praise for you, so the stage is yours...enlighten us...let's test out that Texas education.

I can't speak for anybody else, but I clean my mask cushion so that I get a good seal. Otherwise, it tends to get slippery. I do not clean the hose or machine. I top off the water each night and change it fully when I travel (once or twice a month). I have been using cpap for almost 4 years. I have had two bad colds in all that time. Otherwise, just the one day sneeze kind of thing. Nothing big.

PreviousNext

Return to CPAP and Sleep Apnea (CLICK HERE TO READ POSTS)