I hate the c pap machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ldrakekat

I hate the c pap machine

Post by Ldrakekat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:20 am

I am a new torture victum of the c crap machine. I hate the machine, I hate all the masks I've been subjected to. I hate the doctors that are subjecting me to this sadistic, cruel, inhuman punishment. I don't think I need it but am forced to tolerate it in order to get surgery I need. I am being subjected to this mother !@#$ piece of junk for at least 2 months before I can get the surgery I need and unfortunately I can't lie and "cheat" about it because of the Goddamn sim card installed. I hate this machine. I hate the inventor of this piece of shit. I hate my doctors because I don't think I need the damn thing and they're just making money off my misery. I haven't had a decent nights sleep since I''ve gotten this piece of crap and anyone that says it's a great thing is a Goddamn liar or makes money from the sales of this crummy thing. Every night I fantasize about tying this crap machine to the bumper of my car and driving down the street with it. Then I fantasize about taking a baseball bat to it and beating the crap outta it. Both of which I intend to do the MOMENT I get home from having my surgery done. I would dream about doing those things, but I can't because I don't get to sleep anymore. If the purpose of the God awful piece of shit machine is to keep people from sleeping then by golly it works! But if the purpose of this piece of shit machine is to ACTUALLY ALLOW PEOPLE TO SLEEP than it's nothing but bullshit. And because of this machine, the inventor and my shitty doctors I am having another worthless, workless unproductive day. I hate you c crap machine. And I wish nothing but evil things on the inventor and all those that push this torture devise like drug pushers on innocent victims.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: I hate the c pap machine

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:29 am

Perhaps you would prefer a tracheotomy.
Or a miserable rest of your life, which will be shorter than if you were able to accept this diagnosis.
I suggest you read this thread:
viewtopic/t61785/Especially-for-newly-d ... hange.html

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:30 am

Let us know how you really feel.

Whiner.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 am

A CPAP might help even if you suffer from a Tourette's syndrome!

Then it could be added to this list and you'll become famous:

"There is no cure for Tourette's and no medication that works universally for all individuals without significant adverse effects. Knowledge, education and understanding are uppermost in management plans for tic disorders.[6] The management of the symptoms of Tourette's may include pharmacological, behavioral and psychological therapies. While pharmacological intervention is reserved for more severe symptoms, other treatments (such as supportive psychotherapy or cognitive behavioral therapy) may help to avoid or ameliorate depression and social isolation, and to improve family support. Educating a patient, family, and surrounding community (such as friends, school, and church) is a key treatment strategy, and may be all that is required in mild cases.[6][51]"

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

Ldrakekat

Post by Ldrakekat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

Whining? I haven't had a decent nights sleep in over 3 weeks. So if I'm "whining" than tough shit. You'd be "whining" too jerk.

Ldrakekat

Post by Ldrakekat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:46 am

Why on earth would I need a tracheotomy?

xenablue

Post by xenablue » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 am

Well... you could just not bother with the machine and wait to die, but who wants to do that... really?

Can't say I know anyone who LOVES slapping a mask on every night, but you know - with an attitude change, perseverence and patience, you CAN come to actually look forward to putting your mask on knowing you'll sleep all night without waking, and wake feeling great.

Very few people take to this like a duck to water - although I've not seen someone quite so angry.

Honestly, the long-timers here are a most wonderful bunch of people, with an incredible amount of information, advice and support.

How about letting us know what equipment you use - you can add it in your preferences - this will allow others to get an idea what you're using and perhaps how to make things better for you.

Most of us had to try several masks before finding 'the one'.

Don't give up on it yet without at least being a little more positive and taking the time to let others help you.

Cheers,
xena

Ldrakekat

Post by Ldrakekat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:49 am

@ chunkyfrog
Thank you but I tried to read the thread and found it long, boring and had nothing I could relate to.

archangle

Post by archangle » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 am

What kind of surgery are you having?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

Resister

Post by Resister » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 am

Though many of us may not have been quite so....uh....expressive....about our feelings when we first had to start the machine, many of us were angry. (Well, mine was more grief/shock/fear, but still.) It's TOUGH to get used to Cpap, but it's possible. In fact, it's necessary if you have sleep apnea.

First, sleep apnea is nothing to toy with.

Second, you came to the right place if you need help. That help will sometimes come with sympathizing, but sometimes it'll be tough love.

Third, if the only thing you want to do is rant, then you'll never get the help you really need.

So, if you want help, give us some details. I can almost guarantee that someone here has been there/done that and will be willing to walk you through your specific issues.
~Mama is happy when she sleeps with Pap-py~

Ineedanap

Post by Ineedanap » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:56 am

by Ldrakekat on Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:45 am

Whining? I haven't had a decent nights sleep in over 3 weeks. So if I'm "whining" than tough shit. You'd be "whining" too jerk.
Ohhhh now really there was no reason for the nastiness. We understand frustration but name calling and hostility are never ok, especially when they're aimed at the wrong people. No one here is responsible for your having to use a cpap, nor are they making you use it. There are plenty of very experienced people who have been through everything you've been through ready to share that experience with you if you want it. Otherwise, the nastiness and name calling will get you ignored or banned and youll be in the same place you are now.
I never would have made it without this forum.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:01 am

Take a bat to it.....pull it behind your car...sell it...OR just stop using it, but QUIT Crying!!!!
OH...by the way...I suggest you pre-pay your funeral to take the burden off your family. It's too late to get life insurance.

Ldrakekat

Post by Ldrakekat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:02 am

@avi123
I'm sorry are you trying to imply that my blatantly honest and truthful post is a symptom of Tourettes? Seriously? Am I the first person you've ever heard write that they hated the c pap? Maybe you should appreciate how lucky you are then. Because obviously you're one of the chosen few who have never lost a night's sleep with this machine and sprang out of bed the very next day with energy and joy and all that other stuff the sellers of this torture device try to shove down my throat along with ice cold air. Lucky you. I however have been using this sadistic torture device for 3 weeks without a decent nights sleep since. I guess I feel that I'm allowed to be angry. And too bad if you don't agree. I'm tired. I can't work. I can't sleep. I can't focus. And when I'm tired and I can't work I don't make any money. And when I don't make money I don't get my bills paid. Get it now?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:05 am

If you really want help adjusting to the machine and finally getting some sleep.

1. Register here at the forum
2. Add your equipment to your profile so we can see what you are using and be able to offer specific ideas.
Here's how. wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile
3. For specific ideas we need specific questions instead of general ranting about what an expletive PITA this therapy is.
We all know it isn't easy, you don't have to tell us that.
4. If you just want to whine and not doing anything constructive to help yourself..then go right ahead. You have a good start on that one.

It isn't easy, and it can be hard work but with a totally negative attitude then you get what you give. Your choice.

What pressure do you use? Do you use ramp? Why can't you sleep? Pressure? Mask? Anger?
If you really want help...answer the questions people ask.
If you just want to rant..go ahead..don't expect responses though. Waste of time on our part.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Ldrakekat

Post by Ldrakekat » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:12 am

@Ineedanap
You're not referring to me right? You're referring to the person who called me a Whiner, right? Or in your book it's ok if someone calls me a name. I'm just not allowed to respond in kind? Somehow that doesn't seem real fair to me.