I hate the c pap machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Madalot

Re: I hate the c pap machine

Post by Madalot » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 am

Attila wrote:I thought she expressed herself in a very kind manner...
I am assuming you are referring to me - and I thank you.

I do not get upset when people disagree with me. I'm okay with that. I only get upset and post in a "negative" manner if someone is rude, calls me names or is otherwise abusive towards me, which 49er most certainly was NOT. 49er and I don't always see eye-to-eye, but we discuss it like mature adults. As far as I know, neither of us is upset with the other because we treat each other respectfully, even if we disagree.

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Madalot wrote:
49er wrote:Maybe that person had a valid reason for not wanting to put her hand under the cover that might not have made sense to most people on the board but did to her. I have certainly experienced similar type situations in which people didn't understand why I was rejecting a suggestion.

Fortunately, I learned better ways of dealing with these situations so people wouldn't get so angry. But not everyone has those skills and in my opinion, people should be given the benefit of the doubt instead of assuming they are looking for excuses to fail.
Another easy solution is tape over the light. I do this with lights that bug me at home, such as on the computer, or something charging that has a light. I just put a sticker or paper over the light.

The point was, the problem could be easily fixed, but sometimes people don't WANT the problem to be fixed. They need a problem to focus on as an excuse. Also, many times, the same people will reject all suggestions in an angry manner rather than thanking people or even trying them. Somebody who is looking for an excuse to quit doesn't really want solutions.

Years ago, I tried to solve a problem I had. I was trying to improve my overall diet, and I have a lot of things that I cannot eat and a lot more that I WON'T eat. I did try some of the suggestions, and I thanked people for their ideas. There were many that I had tried already or that I knew wouldn't work for me. I didn't harp on them. Some I explained that I tried already. Some, I simply thanked them. I finally decided that there would never be a solution for me, so rather than waste people's time, I just don't ask for help anymore. If somebody wants to quit their cpap therapy, they should just say so, and not waste people's time and effort to help them.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:58 am

Madalot wrote:

I do not get upset when people disagree with me. I'm okay with that. I only get upset and post in a "negative" manner if someone is rude, calls me names or is otherwise abusive towards me, which 49er most certainly was NOT. 49er and I don't always see eye-to-eye, but we discuss it like mature adults. As far as I know, neither of us is upset with the other because we treat each other respectfully, even if we disagree.
Exactly Madalot, I am definitely not upset with what you wrote.

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:43 am

49er wrote:
Madalot wrote:

I really didn't think you were, but it's good to confirm it.

I'm wondering if the poster that told me to calm down was poking fun at my name. They did write it "Mad A Lot" which implies they believe I live up to that moniker. I've debated changing it but people kind of know me by the name....

49er

Post by 49er » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:38 am

Madalot wrote:
49er wrote:
Madalot wrote:

I really didn't think you were, but it's good to confirm it.

I'm wondering if the poster that told me to calm down was poking fun at my name. They did write it "Mad A Lot" which implies they believe I live up to that moniker. I've debated changing it but people kind of know me by the name....
I think you may be right about that poster.

At one point, I considered changing my name but decided for the same reasons as you did, not to.

esel

Post by esel » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:12 am

Sorry Madalot, I did not mean it to upset you nor 49er. You came a long long way ... Madalot may well fit to that journey.

I think it was 49er who mentioned that in rare cases people are unable to tolerate cpap as the positive air pressure closes the epiglottis. If this happens anything might be used to quit cpap.
zoocrewphoto wrote: Years ago, I tried to solve a problem I had.
One problem ? I got lots .. Lucky you
Nice cat love it.
zoocrewphoto wrote: I was trying to improve my overall diet, and I have a lot of things that I cannot eat and a lot more that I WON'T eat. ... I finally decided that there would never be a solution for me
There are always solutions lots of them just rise new problems.

Have you tried the fat diet reducing carbohydrates ?
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance ... 3/abstract

Have you tried a new microbiome ? or reducing nutrition in a bottle ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRrje-F35A0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQeIBbffrY
zoocrewphoto wrote: If somebody wants to quit their cpap therapy, they should just say so,
Not that easy in this caring environment. If I didn't find this family, the cpap love / hate relationship, my cpap would long be gone as dust in a breeze. A bad night can really be a bad night. When side effects overweight the benefice, its hard to hold on.

Only ME... - :) - Some days sooo slow, some days just running off track ...

Madalot

Post by Madalot » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:23 am

esel wrote:Sorry Madalot, I did not mean it to upset you nor 49er. You came a long long way ... Madalot may well fit to that journey.
No worries. I can't speak for 49er, but I wasn't upset. And even if you were poking fun at me, believe me, it isn't the first time and probably won't be the last!! lol

The name "Madalot" does have a LONG history and really doesn't apply to my overall disposition these days. I considered using a new name, but I've been here over 7 years and that's just how people know me. Many people here have nicknamed me "Maddy" which is okay by me.

Honestly though - no upset or hard feelings on my end.

Michael.H

Post by Michael.H » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:50 pm

I hate my machine to the point that I just gave it back to the people who rented it to me just this morning. I had to see the doctor to get a script to stop using it. What a bunch of shit. If a doctor gives you a script for a medicine that gives you hives does that mean you need a script to stop taking it? As far as the people out there that get the effect I applaud you and congratulate you for being so easily altered. What a bunch of BS. Get ready to die if you don't use it. Horseshit! I have tried for 3 months to get adjusted to this life sucking device and been sleep successfully for all of my life and now I can't sleep correctly or at least the way this machine thinks I should.

What I hear from people is like the movie the body snatchers, the become assimilated. When I talk with people about this, those that have become used to this therapy they all have the same crack head look in their eyes. Muttering something like this is the best, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. At this point I was using the CPAP machine because my cardiologist recommended that I do a sleep study cause they damn near killed me on the table and he declared the OSA was the reason. So I quit smoking after 35 years, watch my diet and exercise. But seeing how I didn't do the CRAP, that's right I said it, I'm being non-compliant.

This machine and the therapy is supposed to give you better rest, better sleep but all I found is that is caused major stress and anxiety going to bed. After 2 hours wearing this thing I wake up and tear it off. Could never get past 2 hours with the exception of one night at 6.5 hours. But that was induced by 3 martinis. I'm not getting hammered every night just to go to bed. So I have to agree that this so called therapy was not the ticket for me. Good riddance and if I die tonight all I can say is thank god I didn't have that damn thing strapped to my face. The CPAP users that are compliant I salute you, but life is too short to have to be compliant with something that doesn't do the job.

I am a child of the 60's and that this machine was telling on me just pissed me off to no end. Telling whomever when I went to bed, how long I stayed in bed, how many times I took a piss and where bed was. This type of technology needs to stay the Hell out of my bedroom. Now the fact that I won't play with this anymore has my wife upset, saying I was quieter in bed when I wore the damn thing. So what. She snores like a drunken sailor. So I kicked that CRAP machine out of my bedroom, house and life. If it shortens my life so be it, God didn't equip me with wings or a CRAP machine.

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:24 pm

Michael . H wrote:I hate my machine to the point that I just gave it back to the people who rented it to me just this morning. I had to see the doctor to get a script to stop using it. What a bunch of shit. If a doctor gives you a script for a medicine that gives you hives does that mean you need a script to stop taking it? As far as the people out there that get the effect I applaud you and congratulate you for being so easily altered. What a bunch of BS. Get ready to die if you don't use it. Horseshit! I have tried for 3 months to get adjusted to this life sucking device and been sleep successfully for all of my life and now I can't sleep correctly or at least the way this machine thinks I should.

What I hear from people is like the movie the body snatchers, the become assimilated. When I talk with people about this, those that have become used to this therapy they all have the same crack head look in their eyes. Muttering something like this is the best, I don't know why I didn't do this sooner. At this point I was using the CPAP machine because my cardiologist recommended that I do a sleep study cause they damn near killed me on the table and he declared the OSA was the reason. So I quit smoking after 35 years, watch my diet and exercise. But seeing how I didn't do the CRAP, that's right I said it, I'm being non-compliant.

This machine and the therapy is supposed to give you better rest, better sleep but all I found is that is caused major stress and anxiety going to bed. After 2 hours wearing this thing I wake up and tear it off. Could never get past 2 hours with the exception of one night at 6.5 hours. But that was induced by 3 martinis. I'm not getting hammered every night just to go to bed. So I have to agree that this so called therapy was not the ticket for me. Good riddance and if I die tonight all I can say is thank god I didn't have that damn thing strapped to my face. The CPAP users that are compliant I salute you, but life is too short to have to be compliant with something that doesn't do the job.

I am a child of the 60's and that this machine was telling on me just pissed me off to no end. Telling whomever when I went to bed, how long I stayed in bed, how many times I took a piss and where bed was. This type of technology needs to stay the Hell out of my bedroom. Now the fact that I won't play with this anymore has my wife upset, saying I was quieter in bed when I wore the damn thing. So what. She snores like a drunken sailor. So I kicked that CRAP machine out of my bedroom, house and life. If it shortens my life so be it, God didn't equip me with wings or a CRAP machine.
Stay off the highways, you stupid, pathetic, moronic POS! We don't really care if you kill yourself (slowly) from the ravages of the diseases that will eventually befall you (strokes, heart attacks, diabetes, kidney failure, etc.), but we do care about the innocent people around you or who may be in your path if you fall asleep at the wheel or in your vehicle. More than likely, you won't die quickly in your sleep, but it could happen.
By the way, the majority of the forum members here were also "children of the 60s" and we learned to take control of our therapy to make it work. It really doesn't work well until you do.
And, I also knew a person named Michael who died one night when he didn't use his machine.

Hasta la vista, BABY!

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:44 pm

Michael.H wrote:I hate my machine to the point that I just gave it back to the people who rented it to me just this morning. I had to see the doctor to get a script to stop using it. What a bunch of shit. If a doctor gives you a script for a medicine that gives you hives does that mean you need a script to stop taking it? As far as the people out there that get the effect I applaud you and congratulate you for being so easily altered. What a bunch of BS. Get ready to die if you don't use it. Horseshit! I have tried for 3 months to get adjusted to this life sucking device and been sleep successfully for all of my life and now I can't sleep correctly or at least the way this machine thinks I should.

Best of luck to you, but why post this on a CPAP support site?
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

A Mess

Post by A Mess » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:47 pm

I take what u say to heart. I hate my cpap set up too. Its no fun--it sucks--too many masks--takes up space--it leaks--gotta drag it with you for travel.
But--my Ahis are better. I sleep much better and in the long run I could even live longer. So I grin and bear it!

BTW--Cpap for surgery? Can you share?

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:24 pm

Michael.H wrote:I hate my machine to the point that I just gave it back to the people who rented it to me just this morning. I had to see the doctor to get a script to stop using it. What a bunch of shit. If a doctor gives you a script for a medicine that gives you hives does that mean you need a script to stop taking it? As far as the people out there that get the effect I applaud you and congratulate you for being so easily altered. What a bunch of BS. Get ready to die if you don't use it. Horseshit! I have tried for 3 months to get adjusted to this life sucking device and been sleep successfully for all of my life and now I can't sleep correctly or at least the way this machine thinks I should.

Most likely your therapy was not optimized. Too bad you didn't post data and questions so that experienced beneficiaries of PAP could help you. Complaining does not solve problems. Success takes thought and effort.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment:
how to see your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead
how to present your data https://sleep.tnet.com/resources/sleepyhead/shorganize
how to post your data https://sleep.tnet.com/reference/tips/imgur

Post by Guest » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:17 pm

In your case...perhaps a lobotomy is more in order

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:40 pm

This is where I think the whole "sleep" thing causes a problem. My O2 levels were down to 70% when I was sleeping, which is Emergency room low. I was an angry ass, and I was still pretty angry for another 6 months after I started CPAP. Can CPAP interrupt your sleep? Of course, but it's better than suffocating. I feel like I'm going back to the prime of my life. Everything I had excused as "getting old", had to do with the damage the Apnea was causing. My brain is growing back from the severe damage my severe apnea caused. I don't doubt he's angry, I'm sure many of us were grumpy bastards before we got treated for a while. My point is it's not just about the sleep, and moreover the sleep gets better.... but CPAP is not about sleeping better, it's about saving your life so you don't suffocate every night and go into survival mode every night. Anyone who told you "CPAP will help you sleep better" only told you about 30% of the story and they have very little understanding of what sleep apnea does to you.
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

A MESS

Post by A MESS » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:45 am

Dear tortured One. Can you tell us what kind of surgery requires you to use a cpap machine?

I get it .I dont like my cpap machine either. It leaks, its ugly, it takes up space, it leaves mark on my faces, it just sucks. However, I am forcing myself to adjust to it because I finally sleep all night after 20 yrs, and my AHIs (you probably dont know what this is) are now normal. This is important.

I suggest you force yourself to continue (lucky you only needed for 2 months) as there must be a good reason.