Best mask for side sleepers?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Moogy

Re: Best mask for side sleepers?

Post by Moogy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:32 pm

I have been using the ResMed Mirage Activa for nine years. I have found it very good for side sleeping. It works well with high pressures.
Moogy
started bipap therapy 3/8/2006
pre-treatment AHI 102.5;
Now on my third auto bipap machine, pressures 16-20.5

Matt00926

Post by Matt00926 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:13 pm

I use the F&P Simplus FFM and sleep on my side nearly every night. No special pillow needed either.
Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus FFM

jagzoo

Post by jagzoo » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Hi, I posted this before on another thread but wanted to reply to you also:

I use the Tap Pap nasal pillow mask almost exclusively. I also have and used the Fx for Her Nasal pillows and most recently, the Res Med P10 pillows. But, I keep coming back to the Tap Pap I love it! I can toss and turn, be on either side and flat on my stomach! Totally stable and never needs readjustment. You might have to play around with getting the fit right on the bit piece but once done - it' s a breeze. Next to that in stability is the Res Med P10 but the air flow is less for the sizes that fit me and it's not quite as stable I need to do occasional readjustment. Both more stable than the Fx for her.

And a quick and easy on and off - NO STRAPS. YEH

Good luck. Tap Pap is a hidden gem!

Also, it works well with any type pillow. My favorite is an old feather pillow but when we travel it is fine with other ones.

Sorry, I need to change my 2 yr old pic showing the Fx for Her with the alternate straps ( name escapes me at the moment)

49er

Post by 49er » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:33 am

Islandwoman wrote:I seem to be one of the few happy with the Circadiance SleepWeaver Advance. I started with the Wisp and was miserable. Too much plastic and huge marks around my very wet nose. I finally purchased an Advance online after reading about them and haven't looked back. Looking at sleepyHead stats for the last year my average leak rate is 1.56 last night 90% leak was three. I move around a lot but once settled I sleep on mostly my right side but quite a bit on my left. I have never had a large leak show on Sleepyhead and before SleepyHead my machine always sais 0. I understand It does not work well with high pressures but for me it is perfect. YouTube has some videos.
Islandwoman,

We're cousins:) as you can see in my equipment profile, I have the Sleep Weaver Elan Mask. As an FYI, I never seem to be able to initially side sleep without leaks. But when I roll over to my side after waking up, it seems to work out fine. Go figure.

Anyway, I am sure there is way to stop the leaks if I really did want to sleep on my side full time.

Ladyskets

Post by Ladyskets » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:50 pm

I use a Fisher & Paykel FlexiFit 407 mask. It doesn't seem to stick out as far from my face as some of the other masks I tried. I think it's got a smaller profile. I have no problems at all sleeping on my side, hugging my pillow, with the pillow scrunched up against my face.