Short of breath during the day?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlackSpinner

Re: Short of breath during the day?

Post by BlackSpinner » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:27 am

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Always look behind the numbers. It is hardly likely that Canadians are healthier due to their health care system.
Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

I want documented facts for all those people dying in Canada due to their health care system and not some crap opinion pieces from Faux news either. I will provide mine only after you prove it conclusively with peer reviewed studies.

Oh and a one person anecdote does not constitute a "fact".

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

NightMonkey

Post by NightMonkey » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:34 am

How about what the Conference Board of Canada has to say about infant mortality in Canada:
-Canada gets a “C” and now ties the U.K. for 15th place out of 17 peer countries. Its infant mortality rate is shockingly high for a country at Canada’s level of socio-economic development.
-Although Canada has dramatically reduced its infant mortality rate over the past few decades, other countries have done better.
-Infant mortality is a sentinel indicator of child health and the well-being of a society over time.

http://www.conferenceboard.ca/hcp/detai ... -rate.aspx
Oh sure, I guess your Conference Board gets their information from Fox News.
NightMonkey
Blow my oropharynx!

the hairy, hairy gent who ran amok in Kent

Post by Guest » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:28 pm

I had a good read through this thread as I am having shortness of breath. I do have some history as I had 3 stents put in last year. I saw my cardiologist straight away and he did echo and stress test and said I am fine. I had a chest xray and no problem. I do have a history of asthma but it has been very well controlled for many years with symbacort 400.

I have to say I am somewhat disappointed as I had hoped the cpap would improve my breathing and may even help my asthma. Anyone else had this experience? Hey I know I am 65 what do I want.

ozze_dollar

Post by ozze_dollar » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:57 pm

I guess no one else has had this problem.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:15 pm

ozze_dollar wrote:I guess no one else has had this problem.
Maybe your question got lost in this thread. Members don't read every thread. I don't. Especially when it gets to multiple pages and it wasn't originally something I could comment productively on.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Cgribble

Post by Cgribble » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:43 am

DaveL wrote:can cpap treatment for years make me short of breath during the day? I've used cpap for 13 years.
thanks,
DaveL
My father says he has been waking up in the middle of the night with shortness of breathe for about a half hour whIle using the cpap machine. This never happened prior to using the machine. What could this be? Should this be a concern?

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:40 am

Replied to in other thread (best to stick to that now so we can follow the story).