Someone invent this...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
SleepingUgly

Someone invent this...

Post by SleepingUgly » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Perhaps one of you engineers/computer programmers could invent a way for me to see my son's data on my computer in real time. This would really help me troubleshoot leaks if I could see them when they are happening. Thanks.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

ozij

Re: Someone invent this...

Post by ozij » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:01 pm

This was possible on the (no longer available...) Puritan Bennett 420E APAP with a telephone cable. PB's software, SilverLining let you do real time monitoring, it sampled every 30 seconds.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:06 am

SU, the last ASV that I got had a bunch of things with it that obviously came from a sleep center, or something. One of the things was a cabled card that went in where the smart card goes, and connects to a computer. I imagine it would go with any of the older Respironics machines that take a smart card.

I'm guessing that you are a Resmed family, so this might not be of any use to you, but should you have an older, M-Series, or such, let me know.

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

jmcanzo

Post by jmcanzo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 am

The Intellipap with the smartlink software module and cable allows this. With the cable connected to the serial/usb port of the computer you can also change the settings on the fly. You can also read the data from the card or direct from the Intellipap

dsm

Post by dsm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:57 pm

OutaSync wrote:SU, the last ASV that I got had a bunch of things with it that obviously came from a sleep center, or something. One of the things was a cabled card that went in where the smart card goes, and connects to a computer. I imagine it would go with any of the older Respironics machines that take a smart card.

I'm guessing that you are a Resmed family, so this might not be of any use to you, but should you have an older, M-Series, or such, let me know.
Bev, That device you have that slots into the old datacard hole is a Respironics SleepLink module. It was designed for moving data to & from the older 'tank' style Remstar Auto & Bipaps. You can use it (along with the proper software) for upgrading the firmware on a compatible cpap as well as copying the data from the machine to a computer.

I don't believe it will work with M or System One machines.

Cheers

DSM

PS this old thread also discusses it. I later obtained the full card & cable - but then never got round to using it.
viewtopic/t30247/Anyone-familiar-with-R ... pLink.html

#2 update - added the link
Last edited by dsm on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

dsm

Post by dsm » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:03 pm

SleepingUgly wrote:Perhaps one of you engineers/computer programmers could invent a way for me to see my son's data on my computer in real time. This would really help me troubleshoot leaks if I could see them when they are happening. Thanks.
SU

I am pretty sure the Resmed S9 has a wireless module that delivers data in realtime eith over a WiFi link (home wireless network) - I can't recall if it had a 3G (mobile phone link) as well.

But, this device implies it only sends daily updates - I'll look deeper into it. But on the other hand this comment in the linked to doc implies detailed data can be viewed.
>>Zoom in for compliance and efficacy data when needed. View monthly trends in usage, efficacy and leak data.<<

http://www.resmed.com/us/assets/documen ... er_eng.pdf

DSM

This below link add a little more detail & relates to the eralier version (pre series 9 version). It is an application to the FDA for approval.
http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs ... 083816.pdf

Another even more detailed link discussing the S9 version & saying that it ues a 3G SIM (mobile phone connection) and can send all the detailed data over the link.

http://s7.zetaboards.com/Apnea_Board/topic/8295596/1/
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)