Old vs New ResMed Adapt ASV

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lubman

Old vs New ResMed Adapt ASV

Post by Lubman » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:23 pm

For my old friends, hello after a long absence.

Has anyone done a detailed comparison of the original ResMed Adapt ASV and the new S9 Adapt?

Although they are reportedly equivalent, there must be some subtle differences.
I have had the S9 Adapt for about 4 days, after using the old machine since it became available.

Understand from the descriptions of the S9 Adapt that it will store some high resolution detailed data on the smartcard.
Has anyone experimented with what the wireless card will store and transmit versus the smartcard?

Notice any difference in operation between the two units considering there is no specific "calibration" function on the new one as there was in the old one.

If anyone has truly had the chance to compare them in detail, your comments would be appreciated.

Lubman

rested gal

Re: Old vs New ResMed Adapt ASV

Post by rested gal » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:01 pm

Lubman! Hi there!

Can't help with your questions, but sure is nice to see you back in here again...and with a spiffy new machine.

Hope you're doing well.

Laura
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

dsm

Post by dsm » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:35 pm

Lubman wrote:For my old friends, hello after a long absence.

Has anyone done a detailed comparison of the original ResMed Adapt ASV and the new S9 Adapt?

I have had the S9 Adapt for about 4 days, after using the old machine since it became available.

Understand from the descriptions of the S9 Adapt that it will store some high resolution detailed data on the smartcard.
Has anyone experimented with what the wireless card will store and transmit versus the smartcard?

Notice any difference in operation between the two units considering there is no specific "calibration" function on the new one as there was in the old one.

If anyone has truly had the chance to compare them in detail, your comments would be appreciated.

Lubman
Lubman

Hi there & welcome back - long time no see

Hope you are doing well (you must be ). Also wondering if you still use that deadspace addon you showed me last time we met ?.
I see you have the same questions I have - but seeing you have the new machine without the auxiliary pressure sensing line, can you
notice any difference ? - (too asleep to be aware ? )

I have been wondering if the pressure ramping may be softer due to not having real-time feedback from the mask. The Respironics
machines were (to me) softer & less aggressive in pressure ramping & I always figured the Resmed mask sensing line allowed them
to be more aggressive (not necessarily a good or bad thing). But, it seems they have worked out they don't need to do that mask
sampling.

Also, the Respironics uses an epap min & max & auto algorithm to adjust epap pressure if wanted, in response to OSA events. I
can't see any info from Resmed that show they are going down that path. They have FOT probing for open airway in their latest
auto machines but it seems not the ASVs.

Cheers & again good to hear from you. Are you still traveling a lot ?

DSM

(PS my bet is that the new S9 ASV machine is softer in pressure ramping - if yes, then my next bet is they will soon add OSA auto algorithm).

D
xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Gil.Ben-Dov

Post by Gil.Ben-Dov » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:27 am

Lubman wrote:For my old friends, hello after a long absence.

Lubman
I don't know if we provide all the detail you'd like to see in a comparison (for example, there's no detailed discussion on the algorithm changes); however, we do have a product comparison specification tool on our website that might be helpful. If you go to http://www.resmed.com/us/products/vpap_ ... c=patients, and then click on the specifications tab, you should be able to compare features for the ResMed Adapt ASV and the new S9 Adapt.

I hope this is useful as a starting point.

Gil Ben-Dov
VP Social Media Strategy

ResMed

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:36 am

I would suspect the wireless would send whatever the doctor or insurance company considers relevant--hopefully, the doctor.

Gil.Ben-Dov

Post by Gil.Ben-Dov » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:37 am

I would suspect the wireless would send whatever the doctor or insurance company considers relevant--hopefully, the doctor.
I think the very short answer to your question is YES, but I thought this would be a good opportunity to provide some additional information on the differences between wireless data and data card storage capabilities for ResMed’s S9 platform data capable devices (Elite, Autoset, and bilevel models). The Escape model provides usage (a.k.a. compliance) data only.

The ResTraxx module utilizes cell phone (GSM) technology to send summary therapeutic efficacy data (average AHI, CSA index, average mask leak, hours of usage for that night) to the 'cloud'. The bandwidth of the data connection is a limiting factor and only summary data transmission is feasible with this wireless technology. The data is stored in the 'cloud' and the device will automatically catch up if it was unable to connect for a previous session (for example, if the patient was traveling and there was no data connection available, the data would reside on the flow generator and would be transmitted upon the next successful connection).

Your clinician can log in to view current and historical therapy data for any/all of their Restraxx equipped patients. The clinician can set alerts to be notified of patients that are facing compliance issues, or experiencing mask leak or therapeutic efficacy issues, which allows them to easily monitor and ensure patients are receiving optimal sleep therapy and rapidly identify patients that warrant additional attention.

The data stored within the device and SD card is much more extensive. Devices store the most recent 365 days of summary data within the on-board memory. We also store the most recent 30 days detailed flow, pressure, and mask leak data on the SD card, which allows a clinician to take a more detailed look at the sleep therapy efficacy. Additionally, ResMed provides high definition data – Data for the same parameters is collected 30 times per second and we store the most recent one week period on the SD card. As mentioned, all compliance data is stored within the on-board memory and may be downloaded to the standard SD card provided. This allows a full compliance data recovery (up to 365 days) if an SD card is damaged, lost in the mail, etc.

Based on the above, Restraxx is suggested as a tool to help clinicians determine if a patient is adhering to and receiving acceptable therapy. Detailed and high definition data are not transmitted wirelessly, but are critical in providing your clinician additional information to help in the optimization of your sleep.

Gil Ben-Dov
VP Social Media Strategy

ResMed