Nasal Pillows and Sore Front Teeth?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
neverbetter

Re: Nasal Pillows and Sore Front Teeth?

Post by neverbetter » Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 am

Wow, sore front teeth? that is called the the "pig nose" affect and I'm not making that up. When the pillow pushes up against your nose to seal, the pressure will begin to cause problems. You have to wear your pillow system very lose. There is one new product that comes to mind, but because of all the hype it's getting and they're not paying us, just try loosening the pillow you have as much as you can without springing a leak. As far as the gel goes, the ones recommended are water based which is good for your skin, but I'm going to suggest something sticky like Vaseline to actually help the seal with the looser fitting swift or whatever pillow your using.I hope that helps. I've used Vaseline to seal my hybrid pillows when they got really old.

Papit

Re: Nasal Pillows and Sore Front Teeth?

Post by Papit » Thu May 03, 2012 12:03 pm

Ivan101 wrote:"Thanks everyone! I got my Lansinoh this morning (took me a bit to find it . Is it just helpful at night, or should I be using it in the morning when I get up too?

"I loosened things up last night...it felt so loose, but when I woke up this morning it was still in place without any leaks and a lot less pain...just a bit on the skin between my nostrils and ONE sore BOTTOM tooth (weird, lol). My upper teeth were just ever so slightly "tight" feeling. I'll try more adjusting tonight as well...I put on the strap cozys as I think this might help pull the mask off my upper lip a bit more too...we'll see."
Your mask looks like a really nice design, BUT, if the short hose is routed atop your head as in the marketing photo, it may very well need to be lengthened to reduce it's upward pulling against your nose and, therefore, your upper lip. I would suggest that you lengthen by a half-inch or so (the smallest amount that reduces the upward pull on your nose) the mask hose where it is fastened atop your head. I wouldn't give it more slack than is necessary because the short hose connection at the top of your mask gives it added stability.