OT- Casey Anthony Trial in FL

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
codinqueen

OT- Casey Anthony Trial in FL

Post by codinqueen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:49 pm

OT- Just wondering how many others here are following "the trial of the century" on live-stream news sites? I am addicted to watching it or listening to it as I work. I am praying for justice for little Caylee who was killed 3 yrs ago and thrown in the woods for animals to scavenge her bones after being driven around in the trunk of her mom's car for 3 or 4 days. She was so cute, its a shame her life was cut short at the age of nearly 3 yrs. Casey Anthony has a lying problem, anytime she opens her mouth lies come out!!!

Pressure 6-10 cm

LinkC

Re: OT- Casey Anthony Trial in FL

Post by LinkC » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 pm

Hey, it's supply and demand. You serve up whatever news the public wants the most. (Or you go broke...)

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

OutaSync

Re: Not OT anymore

Post by OutaSync » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Anybody else notice the strap marks in Jose Baez' hair this morning?

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:28 pm

LOL, I didn't think of that as being strap marks. I was just figuring it was a bad haircut.
Thinking of quitting CPAP?

No problem, here's the first thing to do when you quit:

Advanced funeral planning. When you give up CPAP, you'll probably need it.

lee_leses

Post by lee_leses » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Here's to hopeing Casey's "case" is decided shortly, and she gets the death penalty.

I also want her mother prosecuted for perjury.

The computer expert testified at the end of the trial that no one searched for chylorophyll like the mother claimed.

Computers don't lie, if you are looking at the data right. We used to bust nurses all the time for drug problems from Pixis data.

So, if the jury believes the computer evidence, that would show the pre-meditation they need to put her away, and the lying to put her mother away.

Poor Caylee! PLEASE throw the book at these people and then throw away the key!

Lee

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:54 pm

I think investigators and the prosecution have failed in this trial to find a smoking gun. While there is a lot of circumstantial evidence, none of it really proves that she is actually the one who did it, if indeed it really was murder. It could have been anyone else in the family.

I do think she is guilty has hell, but I also think the evidence is lacking and she could get off on the murder charges because there really are 'reasonable doubts' in this case.

lee_leses

Post by lee_leses » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:12 pm

Hmmm, what you said makes a lot of sense to me.

I hope the jury finds her guilty anyway. I'm cool with it. LOL

Lee

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:28 pm

I heard that in some other country (I don't remember which) there are actually 3 possible outcomes of a trial: guitly, not guilty, and not proven. I think the latter would be a fitting outcome of this trial.

However, the prosecution has the final word, I'll be interested in hearing the rebuttal. I'm glad I'm not on this jury.

kempo

Post by kempo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:36 pm

Yea, the cable news channels crank out these TV trials to keep the lights on and to pay the help. I guess the reason I don't watch them is I spent so much time in court rooms over the years and I promised myself I would try to never go into another one after I retired.

So what did I get in the mail this Friday? A form to fill out for jury duty from the U.S. District Court in my area, which is 150 miles from my house.

I hope they don't pick me.

lee_leses

Post by lee_leses » Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:55 pm

LOL.

That is freakin' crazy. I hope they don't select you!

Would that pose an undue hardship? I guess maybe not if you live in an area that the closest court is 150 miles away.

What state is THAT in?

Lee

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:13 pm

kempo wrote:Yea, the cable news channels crank out these TV trials to keep the lights on and to pay the help. I guess the reason I don't watch them is I spent so much time in court rooms over the years and I promised myself I would try to never go into another one after I retired.

So what did I get in the mail this Friday? A form to fill out for jury duty from the U.S. District Court in my area, which is 150 miles from my house.

My guess is if they know how far away you are they may not pick you if they believe you may be late for trial or perhaps not even make it at all.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:14 pm

kempo wrote: So what did I get in the mail this Friday? A form to fill out for jury duty from the U.S. District Court in my area, which is 150 miles from my house.

I had a similar experience recently. Called to jury duty in a courthouse nearly 100 miles from home. I called and asked if I couldn't serve in a court closer to me and was told that they pull people from all over the county. They really don't care how far you have to travel to get there. My county is pretty big, so it could have been even worse...

Upshot: In the letter I got, they listed a phone number with instructions to call after 5 p.m. the day before, to see if I was still needed. Lucky for me, the recording said my trial had been cancelled, so I'm off the hook for now. Hopefully, you'll have similar luck.

And yes, IMO, having to travel that far to serve jury duty IS a hardship for many people - not only in the time it takes (I would have had to leave home at the crack of my butt to be there on time), but also in the cost of gas to get back and forth.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

codinqueen

Post by codinqueen » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:28 pm

I am not sure about the premeditation, it has not been proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt.I don't believe her Dad found the dead child in the swimming pool, and if he had, he would have called 911, being that he used to be a cop. I think she looked up chloroform when she couldn't get anymore Xanax (which I think she used till she couldn't get anymore due to expense, after all, she didn't have a job), and she used chloroform to put Caylee to sleep so she could party, and I even think she put Caylee in the trunk of the car asleep, while she partied in the night clubs, and she OD'd her, by accident. When the child was found dead by Casey, she hid the body so the med examiner would not find the drug(s) in the body. I think she put the duct tape over her nose to keep bugs from crawling into the baby when she disposed of the body. The duct tape on the mouth was to keep her quiet so she wouldn't be heard crying in the parking lot of the nightclub if the baby woke up before Casey left the nightclub. I DO believe she loved the child, at least at one time. The fact that she did not call 911 when she found the body = child abuse with death in FL, so this is Felony Murder and she should get about 30 years, minus time served, if she is found guilty of the child abuse charge that caused death. I do hope the jury decides Murder 1 though, she should never get out of jail, and the women in general population will kill her if they ever take her out of solitary confinement. I don't want my tax dollars to pay to house her, feed her, or clothe her for 30 years, because she is not even human. I think Linda Drane Burdick will have a good argument tomorrow to convict her.
Moral of the story: Mothers, don't make your unwed daughters that get pregnant have and keep the babies. There are plenty of childless barren women who would gladly adopt those babies.

Pressure 6-10 cm

tgzlavistane

Post by tgzlavistane » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:31 pm

The judge should of dropped the hammer on both the prosecution and defense lawyers today, talking about no respect for the court or for the seriousness of the trial, Pathetic! I hope the jury brings justice for Caylee.The whole Anthony family needs to crawl back under the rock from which they came from.

ameriken

Post by ameriken » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:51 pm

codinqueen wrote:I think she looked up chloroform when she couldn't get anymore Xanax (which I think she used till she couldn't get anymore due to expense, after all, she didn't have a job), and she used chloroform to put Caylee to sleep so she could party, and I even think she put Caylee in the trunk of the car asleep, while she partied in the night clubs, and she OD'd her, by accident. When the child was found dead by Casey, she hid the body so the med examiner would not find the drug(s) in the body. I think she put the duct tape over her nose to keep bugs from crawling into the baby when she disposed of the body. The duct tape on the mouth was to keep her quiet so she wouldn't be heard crying in the parking lot of the nightclub if the baby woke up before Casey left the nightclub.
That's a fascinating scenario and very likely. It even fits the description of her being narscissistic, selfish, and wanting freedom. Even the defense calls it an 'accident that got out of control'.