Need to keep ResScan downloads hidden, help!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LittleRedTruck

Need to keep ResScan downloads hidden, help!

Post by LittleRedTruck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 am

Just got new S9 Vpap machine on Monday and pulled first Download Tues am! I need to have the clinic read my card and see the Dr after 30 days of use. I want to read my card and see whats going on before then. Im nervous about several options! The first is discard or overwrite data. Is this data on the Sd card, or data on my computer database. Which should i do ? The second is exiting, it asks to save changes or discard changes. Again, which should I do and not alter the SD card itself! If someone could compile the steps to download, yet keep the SD card unaltered for the clinic. That would be wonderful. thanks, Dan

BernieRay

Re: Need to keep ResScan downloads hidden, help!

Post by BernieRay » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:46 am

On discard vs overwrite, it is referring to data being copying into ResScan from the card, not the data on the card itself. Unless you need to overwrite data inside ResScan that you've already downloaded into ResScan, using the discard option. What that means is that data that is pulled from the card but is already in ResScan will be ignored and only new data will be pulled into ResScan. Regardless of the option, no data on the card is modified nor deleted.

The prompt to save or discard when exiting ResScan refers to the data inside ResScan only. It has nothing to do with the data that is on your card.

As long as you don't use ResScan to try to change settings on your S9, ResScan will not change anything on the card. But, if you want some reassurance of that, simply flip the slider on the SD card to the locked position. This will prevent anything at all from changing anything on the card. If you do that, however, you must remember to slide it back to the unlocked position before putting the card back into your S9. If you don't, then the S9 won't be able to write your data to it.

Hope this helps!
Ray
Diagnosed in 1997

LittleRedTruck

Post by LittleRedTruck » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:08 am

Yes, thanks alot. that gave me the peace of mind I was looking for. I also wonder when I can pull the detailed information, how does that work. And, what do I need to check to pull the summary and detailed ! I read something about 7 days on summary. Do I need to wait 7 days for the first report ? Thanks, dan

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:11 am

They can see the same data you do. I don't think that it tells them if you have seen it too.
I doubt they would even look at anything beyond compliance, unless they are more proactive than most.
I write down my time logged from the screen each morning, as I know the amount of time I sleep impacts my health.
As long you are doing the time, they shouldn't be concerned--but it would be nice if they cared about efficacy.
You don't need to tell them you are looking if you don't want to.
My pulmonary doc was surprised when I told him, but he seems to be completely 'on board'.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:36 am

archangle

Post by archangle » Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:35 am

SD cards have a little "write protect" tab on them.

Remove the card from your machine, flip the tab to "lock," then put it in your PC. The PC should not write on the card.

Flip the card out of the lock position, then put it back into your machine.

One warning, though. If you accidentally leave the card in "lock" mode, your machine will probably not be able to write to the card. You should try it that way one time and see if the machine warns you in some way, like beeping.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.