Provent therapy.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
terio2

Provent therapy.com

Post by terio2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:20 am

Anyone try yet. No cpap. However, not on any insurance and it is expensive. Use one nite and throw away. The few DME's want a specific script.

Lizistired

Re: Provent therapy.com

Post by Lizistired » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:25 am

If you do a forum search, there have been a couple of threads on it. I don't think anyone has tried it.

Mary Z

Post by Mary Z » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:29 am

I just heard from someone on SleepGuide that they didn't work for him. Remember that you'll be breathing out your nose with restricted airflow to increase post expiratory pressure, but I'm sure you've done your research. They used to offer a sample of ten for a reasonable price, but that might be available only through your doctor. You could certainly try them for a month if your doc approves and will write the script. Keep us posted as this product has a lot of us intrigued.

terio2

Post by terio2 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:58 am

Yes, I read on the web.

Whenever I get a script/office visit. Don't suppose I can call in haven't seen him in 18 mo I got an Oxy for my S9 when I spoke to the nurse over the phone and that was 9 months ago. Feel bad about not going but nothing has changed. Have seen an Ent dr but he won't write a script since he doesn't know the product, of course that was a nurse over the phone telling me this so who knows. Going back for a CT to see how bad my deviation is.

SGreen

Post by SGreen » Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Stumbled upon this website while doing some research on provent therapy. Tried using a CPAP, but could not get used to it. My doctor suggested I try Provent. Bought a ten night trial to start from the DME company he referred me to. I have since bought the 90 day supply. At first, I was hesitant, but I must say the whole experience has been nothing but positive, and I love the product! From the start, the company I called was wonderful. They were friendly and efficient, I had my product the next day. They thoroughly explained how to use Provent and answered any questions I had after the first couple of nights using the product. Not to mention, their pricing was cheaper than their competitors. The product is simple to use. Take the product out of the box, peel off the backing, and stick the adhesive to the bottom of the two nostrils. It is imperative that you create a seal so no air escapes. It did take a couple nights to get used to, but I highly recommend the product, for those who can't stand CPAP (like myself) or if you are traveling and don't want to bring your CPAP. Not to mention, that I wake up feeling so much better, but my husband doesn't hear snoring anymore and he is a happy camper! If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this thread or PM me. Hope this review helps!

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:37 am

I'm glad you had a good experience with the product.
I think if it works, it would be practical for travel.
I do have a question.
How much does it cost?

So Well

Post by So Well » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 am

SGreen wrote:Stumbled upon this website while doing some research on provent therapy. Tried using a CPAP, but could not get used to it. My doctor suggested I try Provent. Bought a ten night trial to start from the DME company he referred me to. I have since bought the 90 day supply. At first, I was hesitant, but I must say the whole experience has been nothing but positive, and I love the product! From the start, the company I called was wonderful. They were friendly and efficient, I had my product the next day. They thoroughly explained how to use Provent and answered any questions I had after the first couple of nights using the product. Not to mention, their pricing was cheaper than their competitors. The product is simple to use. Take the product out of the box, peel off the backing, and stick the adhesive to the bottom of the two nostrils. It is imperative that you create a seal so no air escapes. It did take a couple nights to get used to, but I highly recommend the product, for those who can't stand CPAP (like myself) or if you are traveling and don't want to bring your CPAP. Not to mention, that I wake up feeling so much better, but my husband doesn't hear snoring anymore and he is a happy camper! If you have any questions, feel free to ask on this thread or PM me. Hope this review helps!
Well let's see. It is a fact that some companies have employees who regularly scan the internet for references to their product. It is also a fact that, finding a reference in a forum, these employees join the forum and make a glowing post about their experience with the product. Some of the posts sound like marketing copy as yours does. Others put in spelling and grammatical errors to make the reviews look genuine.

How do we know whether SGreen, who just joined and made one post, is genuine or a company spammer?

You might want to believe glowing reports about Provent when they are posted by a member who has an authentic history here.

In the meantime you can find references to scientific studies of Provent on their website. Looks like Provent is not going to take the sleep apnea world by storm. But if it helps a few people - great!
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:30 am

I have to agree, I think the "review" is actually spam. Just joined, only one post, no information in profile (equipment, etc.) and it honestly looks like a cut-and-paste job.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:39 am

I also thought the recent post was a shilling job. Just too canned.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 am

I thought so too but I still want to know how much it costs.

terio2

Post by terio2 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:44 am

I think I agree about the paste and post. But we will never no until we all try it.

First time guest

Re: Provent therapy

Post by First time guest » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:36 pm

Just came home from visiting my sleep doc and he mentioned Provent so I am doing research on it and came across this thread. He said it would cost about $2 a day to use Provent and it is not covered by insurance right now since it is so new. I hope this helps and hope to look into this website more as it seems helpful, I have only been on CPAP for 4 months for mild apnea but have a hard time wearing my mask while sleeping during the day (I work nights). I hope this information is useful!

archangle

Re: Provent therapy

Post by archangle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:39 pm

First time guest wrote:Just came home from visiting my sleep doc and he mentioned Provent so I am doing research on it and came across this thread. He said it would cost about $2 a day to use Provent and it is not covered by insurance right now since it is so new. I hope this helps and hope to look into this website more as it seems helpful, I have only been on CPAP for 4 months for mild apnea but have a hard time wearing my mask while sleeping during the day (I work nights). I hope this information is useful!
Welcome to the board.

Sign up for an ID on this board, fill in the equipment on your profile and discuss your problems with CPAP. Maybe you can figure it out.

Many of us here are skeptical about Provent.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

lward1978

Post by lward1978 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:33 am

I am a respiratory therapist with OSA. I am very familiar with all things OSA related including treatment. I have tried and tried to get used to CPAP but like so many others HATE IT WITH A PASSION!!! Yes i have tried many different mask and though many are better than others CPAP is still CPAP. I have thrown in the towel and currently do nothing to treat my OSA. I am very interested in the Provent therapy and i am considering ordering the 10 day trial, at this point I have nothing to loose(except $20). Like many of you I question the effectiveness of Provent, especially for people like myself that mouth breath and have major air leaks with CPAP. My main concern with the Provent is what happens on expiration if you allow air to escape from your mouth dropping your end expiratory pressure in you airway to zero therefore allowing airway collapse? No inspiratory pressure is applied to prop open the obstructed airway. I do belive Provent can help decrease the number of apneas caused by obstructions but most likely will not be able do the same job as CPAP. Oh well, like I said it is better than my current treatment option. I would love to hear from people who have used Provent and their experiences. I work in a hospital with a large population of OSA patients and we have a very busy CPAP clinic but have never herd of Provent until watching the news one day, that doesnt exactly give me much faith in the product. I hope that is because it is fairly new and is not covered by insurance companies yet.
Last edited by lward1978 on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

TalonNYC

Post by TalonNYC » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:38 am

You know, either the spamers are getting smarter, or this person actually misspelled the product name. Several times. In the same way.

Though, I am very suspicious.

Also not that I refuse to purchase or "try" any product that engages spammer tactics to gain advertising - and nearly everyone in this forum would also agree. So go tell your bosses that you just lost them a ton of customers.