More fatigue after using CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AMESS

Re: More fatigue after using CPAP

Post by AMESS » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:19 am

Yes-me. feeling more tired and less happy. More congestion. Oh what to do. Seeing drs therapist tomorrow. Believe I need full face mask. Chin strap--boo rah. Trying it all. Even though sleeping all night--still feel Like i did not.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:43 am

AMESS wrote:Yes-me. feeling more tired and less happy. More congestion. Oh what to do. Seeing drs therapist tomorrow. Believe I need full face mask. Chin strap--boo rah. Trying it all. Even though sleeping all night--still feel Like i did not.
You need to google "cpap rhinitis" and read up. It might be responsible for the increase in congestion...it might not but it's worth checking out.
You may need more humidity...or less humidity. Quite common either way and you just have to figure out what it is that your nose needs to make it happy.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

nicholasjh1

Post by nicholasjh1 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Personally, I know I'm way better. I recover from Exercise easier, and I'm a lot more clear headed... That being said, my sleep sucks, and I am tired... Sometimes I wonder if people don't remember what it was actually like before the cpap. But I think the biggest fallacy of CPAP usage is that it necessarily makes you sleep that much better. I know my sleep quality is probably better, but I still wake up up to 3 times a night... But I do know my oxygen is now above 90% all night (I had it tested) and before treatment during the overnight test it was at 70%. what a huge difference... and if your oxygen is under 90% they want you to go to the EMERGENCY ROOM. Think about that! before my CPAP therapy EVERY night I was in a state where if I had gone to a doctor (during my sleep (something impossible I know)). They would have told me to go to the emergency room.

Instead of Sleep apnea I think they should call it "Sleep starving of oxygen and being poisoned by high carbon dioxide levels and damaging your body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse day over day and can never get healthy Apnea"
Instead of Sleep apnea it should be called "Sleep deprivation, starving of oxygen, being poisoned by high CO2 levels, damaging the body and brain while it's supposed to be healing so that you constantly get worse and can never get healthy Apnea"

cotofl

Post by cotofl » Sat May 19, 2018 1:22 pm

I’m another ‘yes’ on feeling more fatigued. I tried it for 3 months and slept fine, numbers were all good, no mask leaks, etc. I would sleep 8 hours, always wake with a headache, nap for a couple hours during the day and repeat day after day. My pumonologist simply said “It doesn’t work for everybody.”

That was a few months ago but I have since moved from 5,000 ft to sea level for my COPD. My breathing is so much better now I decided to see if altitude affects OSA too. Got a new doctor, new sleep test and a new auto-CPAP to see how things go. AHI is down to 3.2, no mask leaks, sleeping 8.5 hours. I guess time will tell.