OT back in the saddle again

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
torontoCPAPguy

Re: Why so mean?

Post by torontoCPAPguy » Wed May 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Surely, somewhere there must be some empirical data to make this decision. I am so confused.

Stay a while and learn.

First lesson... although I have not seen any objectionable posts (I'm a miserable SOB) my wife says if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything.

Second lesson.... don't guess at anything that you care to share with those that may know even less than yourself. You could kill someone.

Third lesson.... YOU are not the miserable SOB on here; that is MY job and I take personal injury and insult from your purported attempt to usurp me.

In a public forum things sometimes get out of hand. Got that T shirt too. Remember that this is a PUBLIC forum and it takes all kinds. DO NOT LEAVE.

Fall colours. One of God's gifts. Life is fragile and short, savour every moment no matter what your problems may be. These stunning fall colours from my first outing after surviving a month on life support due to H1N1.

Vader

Post by Vader » Wed May 25, 2011 4:21 pm

PST wrote:
Vader wrote:So the schnozz is a chick magnet?
Yes it is. I'll tell you what is chick poison, though, Vader. I hate to break it to you, but someone has to. If you keep doing this, you may never find a girlfriend:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07IhWD2 ... r_embedded

My wife says , "that guy is HOT, why can't you do that?"

Vader

McSnoresalot

Post by McSnoresalot » Wed May 25, 2011 4:25 pm

LarzyWarzy, - Most people recommend you put OT in the subject line on posts like this.

Good advice from the board regulars - enough with the drama and stop the worrying about who your internet buddies are.

This board has been around a number of years, you've been posting for what, 2 months? In that time you've managed to throw a couple of hissy fits, deleted all of your previous posts (for whatever reason) changed your avatar 47 times (and THEN tried to get validation on your FREAKING AVATAR from members on here) and the whole time jumping from post to post telling people what the board rules are and then ignoring the very same rules when you post.

No- I don't think people are going to jump off bridges en-masse if you go away.

Hugs

Mac

scrapper

Post by scrapper » Wed May 25, 2011 5:05 pm

As with everyone but Lars and a few others, I have not left this world, much less this forum.

My original response was for Lars....and given his ".", I believe he's moved on......... Given that, I choose to eliminate my original response to him on this thread..........

I do care about the people on this forum.......to those with longer tenure than myself--thank you, you are the individuals who have helped me be successful. To the newcomers, I have a responsibility to pay forward the kindness I rec'd.........You've come to a good place.

Last edited by scrapper on Thu May 26, 2011 9:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% what you make of it.” Charles Swindoll

DreamOn

Post by DreamOn » Wed May 25, 2011 5:25 pm

rested gal wrote:
OutaSync wrote:Carbonman, you rock! Love it.
Yep, the C-man was in fine fettle. Perfect!!
"fine fettle"--that's a phrase that I don't hear often. It has a nice ring to it, RG! Carbonman does rock.

The vast majority of the people on this forum are truly wonderful--very generous with their time and support. Not everyone's playing with a full deck, of course, (as in "real life") so it's best to let some things ride. Remember that sleep deprivation can cause emotional instability for some, and people come here from many different backgrounds and life experiences. We have to respect that. Keep in mind too that many people are much more brazen on the internet than they would be in person. And forum "conversations" can be more easily misunderstood because we're not looking at someone's body language and facial expressions. Intent can be lost.
Last edited by DreamOn on Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thimarine

Post by thimarine » Wed May 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Hey, I've been blasted by some people for just asking a question. Once I got a response from someone saying they were tired of my complaining or words to that effect. I chose to ignore it. I only ask cpap related questions and stay on topic. Even some of the grouches give good advice. I just assume they have life, health or personality issues. Sometimes my questions are ignored. I don't care. It would be nice to get an answer. But I'm not going to let it ruin my life. This is a very good forum with very good people who have improved the quality of my life. I can take the every now and then shot for no reason. No biggy. Too many good people on here to leave. IMHO.

NotMuffy

Re: .

Post by NotMuffy » Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 am

It looks like I'm going to have to add "." to the plan of Forum Sections:

Just Who Is Dimebag Darrell Anyway?
"Don't Blame Me...You Took the Red Pill..."

Vader

Re: What happened to Lars?

Post by Vader » Thu May 26, 2011 9:19 am

Looks like another author/topic raptured away......

Vader

beckah

Post by beckah » Thu May 26, 2011 9:41 am

NotMuffy wrote:It looks like I'm going to have to add "." to the plan of Forum Sections:

Just Who Is Dimebag Darrell Anyway?
Not Muffy/Muffy,

I think you should ban "." instead of creating a new Forum Section for it.

Sireneh

Post by Sireneh » Thu May 26, 2011 10:39 am

Lars, you seem to need a lot of attention. I think you are harmless even if you are a little needy. I mean, none of us here can make you feel better, but if you want to stick around, I for one will try.

If you have some condition that you are aware of and would like to share it with us, you may find yourself the recipient of far greater compassion and tolerance than you've seen so far. You don't seem completely well, and I know that is not going to rub you the right way, but I don't mean that as a sneaky way of saying I think you're nuts. I mean it as a way of saying that it seems like you may have something going on that makes your behaviour erratic. It's not a judgment, just a fact.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Thu May 26, 2011 12:58 pm

I don't have an opinion on whether I'd rather you stay or go as I haven't read hardly anything you've written (but the couple of sentences I've read suggest that I've probably just said the worst possible thing I could say to you...sorry!). But here are my thoughts based on my experience here: (1) If you go, do it quietly and don't announce it because chances are good you'll be back, and that's kind of embarrassing if you left in a big dramatic show, and (2) you can always decide to leave later.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

lars4life

Post by lars4life » Thu May 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Ok, it seems I will stay here in this forum
I will try to be less controversial. More friendly. No excuses for any behavior. I'm new on xPAP, working out best sleep
and therapy, from melatonin to Ambien, etc. I was before my diagnosis a terror, anxious, sleep deprived, moody, etc.
You know this song. So, after two months, I'm still working things our and feel I am getting there. Thanks all.

lars4life

Post by lars4life » Thu May 26, 2011 5:55 pm

So, is everyone cool with this?

Sireneh

Post by Sireneh » Thu May 26, 2011 9:47 pm

Alsacienne

Post by Alsacienne » Fri May 27, 2011 12:03 am

Lars I'm still quite a newbie to this site, but an 'oldie' on another OSA site. However I just wanted to support you in your decision to return. It's often all too easy to 'lose it' on an internet forum, and because it's cyberspace and not real life, the posted reactions are often more extreme than if one were to be face-to-face with other members.

It takes courage to return and to admit that maybe things should have been handled differently; well done on doing so.

You mentioned Ambien which IIRC is an antidepressant. My experience sadly showed that antidepressant medication did not always sit easily with my OSA, and I had extreme daytime sleepiness when taking my meds. I've now been off my meds for over 4 years, not without wobbles of course! - but if you think you might need some help and support, I found that the community on http://www.paxilprogress.org very kind and friendly, and it's thanks to them that I tapered successfully and am the now-well person I am at the moment. Do have a look at their site if you think this could be useful.

Two months is a good start for xPAP treatment, but it is usually about now that any 'honeymoon' period is wearing off, and the everyday realities of xPAP therapy become apparent. Don't overlook that it's not only a question of physical compliance as regards having OSA and managing it, but also the psychological acceptance that you (or really WE on here) have an unexpected and potentially serious medical condition which requires a major lifestyle change, and this can take some time to come to terms with. Onwards and upwards, and looking forward to reading your posts, and hearing that things are going better for you.