S9 Humidifier Faulure?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: S9 Humidifier Faulure?

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:05 pm

Guest wrote:I'm having extreme problems with the humidifier fault problem. It was shutting down 3 or more times each night and this was after purchasing a new humidifier. The machine was out of warranty so I just purchased a new one from an online vendor, the same S9 Autoset that I had. After 2 nights it also exhibited the same humidifier fault. ... The machine was less than one week old.
sounds like the problem is *you*

use a plain hose and an oxygen adapter.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:39 pm

Palerider, thanks for your kind assistance. I had no idea the ResMed products were so sensitive.

Tp

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Guest wrote:Palerider, thanks for your kind assistance. I had no idea the ResMed products were so sensitive.
they aren't, and to have two fail almost identically right after each other leads one to suspect that it's something you're doing.

again, climateline max hoses aren't necessary for o2 injection, o2 hose adapters are *cheap*.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Burr Allegaert

Re: S9 Humidifier Failure?

Post by Burr Allegaert » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:24 am

My problem is similar to others but I found after unplugging and replugging, the problem repeated itself within 4 to 6 hours. Turning the power strip on and off did not help solve the problem. I will try not using cold watershed the unit is hot. How does one survive several nights without a working unit while waiting for a replacement?

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 am

That is why you need to have a back up machine. If one fails, you will have one to use while the primary machine is being fixed.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.