Effect of EPR=3 vs. EPR=1 on S9 Autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Wulfman...

Re: Effect of EPR=3 vs. EPR=1 on S9 Autoset

Post by Wulfman... » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:07 pm

palerider wrote:
Wulfman... wrote:
palerider wrote:well, since jay is trying to throw me to the wolves,
Now, now........we'll have NONE of that kind of talk around here!!!
lions?

I know there's a few sweet folks here that would love to see me have a starring role in some sort of ritual sacrifice
Well, considering how many people have avatars with "cats" in them, they might get offended by another feline reference.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Jay Aitchsee

Re: Effect of EPR=3 vs. EPR=1 on S9 Autoset

Post by Jay Aitchsee » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:27 am

I don't remember seeing this before. It was obviously written for the S8 machines, but I assume the event detection and timeout features still remain in the algorithms of newer machines?
http://www.resmed.com/epn/patients_and_ ... c=patients
Event Detection Circuit
The Event Detection Circuit is a backup feature of the EPR algorithm. Changes in a patient's sleeping position or sleep stage (ie, REM sleep) may cause sudden, unpredictable events to occur without the typical preceding flow limitation or snoring. When such an event is detected, EPR immediately suspends, and the treatment pressure reverts to set CPAP. EPR remains suspended until the event concludes and normal breathing resumes.

EPR Timeout
If a patient's exhalation period exceeds 15 seconds, EPR immediately suspends. The treatment pressure reverts to set CPAP and remains suspended until the next inhalation phase is detected. EPR helps patients experience the highest level of comfort and benefit from their therapy. EPR is available on our S8 Elite™ and S8 AutoSet Vantage™ flow generators.