New to S9 Elite (but not to CPAP). How to get AHI?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LaCansada

New to S9 Elite (but not to CPAP). How to get AHI?

Post by LaCansada » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Hi all:

I just switched from the Respironics Remstar Plus to the Resmed S9 Elite. I have the CPAP and not the Autopap. I am finding it a bit more complicated. I have figured out most features by locating the clinician manual on line and the 18 minute video which was posted on how to do all the stuff. I am stuck on how to get the AHI reading. I see a space for it in the sleep report, however, there is no reading, it just displays a dash, like __. I am able to change the time period of the report (daily, weekly, monthly, etc), and change ramp, exhalation pressure, humidity (I have it on autoset), enable smartstart, but no number appears for the AHI. I did double-check and my receipt say I have the Elite and not the Escape (which does not give AHI), so what is the deal here? Did I miss enabling something? I did not see anything else to enable. Any thoughts? Thanks, Lisa.

70sSanO

Re: New to S9 Elite (but not to CPAP). How to get AHI?

Post by 70sSanO » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:21 pm

I've had an S9 Elite for a liitle less than a month. First off, right above the On-Off button it should say Elite.

When you press the i button you get the basic Hrs, Mask Face and AHI readings. My AHI reading is -- is blank (--) for last night. I am not sure when it zeros out, but it is there is a reading in the morning when I wake up.

Now if you press and hold both the i and then the double check button the screen will bring up another more detailed screen. Turn the black/chrome knob down one to the sleep report and press the knob down. You can now turn the knob to scroll through the numbers. You can scroll back up and at the top press down the knob and change to week, month, etc.

John
AHI: 2.5
Central: 1.7
Obstructive: 0.3
Hypopnea: 0.5
Pressure: 6.0-8.0cm on back with cervical collar.
Compliance: 15 Years

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Noon is when the nightly data resets to zero.
Need to check for on screen nightly data prior to noon.

There is software available if you want it. Then the noon deadline is irrelevant.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

TimWK

Post by TimWK » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:40 pm

It may help you to understand the S9 by viewing episode 8 at http://www.sleepnation.tv/. This explains everything about the S9.

Best Regards

Uncle_Bob

Post by Uncle_Bob » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:44 pm

Lisa

please see the links in my signature here for the software and clinicians manual for you machine.

I suspect that your machine is displaying AHI of -- because you are checking it after noon.

Please try
step 1 - press the top button "i" to get the "sleep quality" screen
(if you rotate the dial left to go down to "sleep report" you will not see your AHI at this point)
step 2 - press and hold the two buttons for about 3 seconds until the screen flickers. You will still see AHI of --on the sleep quality screen
step 3 - rotate the dial left to go down to the sleep report then push the dial down (so it clicks)
step 4 - rotate the dial left to move the selection marker down past leak, the screen will scroll and you will see AHI, total AI and central AHI

sleepnationtv

Post by sleepnationtv » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:29 pm

here is a video that will help you.
http://www.sleepnation.tv/post/2337667545/resmeds9

Good Luck
Dane Schapper, Founder cpaplibrary.com
Check out the cpaplibrary video bloghttp://www.cpaplibrary.com

LaCansada

Post by LaCansada » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:05 am

Thanks. You-all were correct. I was looking at the sleep data late in the day as opposed to early. This morning I checked it first thing after I woke up and I did have an AHI. Eureka! This is the opposite of my old Respironics CPAP. With the old machine the data was not updated until some point later in the day. Thanks to all for your help. Oh, and I had viewed the video on Sleep Nation. It really helped me get all the settings correct. Lisa.