CPAP after tooth extraction

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Slinky

Re: CPAP after tooth extraction

Post by Slinky » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:27 pm

JillianSue, we have a Cocker Spanial for 15 years, a parti-color, who looked so much like your avatar. Her name was Freckles. Her dad was a blond from TX registered as Paradiddle Dude. I always thought Paradiddle was such a stupid name. I only recently found out that there is such a word, such a thing and that it is some type of drum roll! She was such a special dog. *sigh*

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi, Slinky! I have never heard that word before! I can hear how much you loved that dog! Mine's name is Bella, and she is 5. I have also had Golden Retrievers (lost one, who was the best dog ever, a little over a year ago, still have her son, but not for much longer, I'm afraid), and they are great dogs. I really like this little Cocker, though, she is sweet, lively, and happy.

Jill

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:37 am

Yes, and a little easier to travel with size-wise. My dad was a "traveling salesman" for a medical company and since there was just him and my stepmother and Freckles, Freckles and my stepmother often traveled w/him. Often he would call ahead for a motel and the clerk quite often didn't recognize our surname - BUT - as soon as my dad said we have a dog w/us, Freckles. They KNEW who he was and were always glad to make his reservation and give him a good down and out room and to hold the room as long after check-in time as needed. Freckles was a hit wherever they traveled. And always welcome.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:07 am

I use a bi pap machine. I proped myself up on extra pillows and slept without my machine for 3 nights after the extraction. I was more worried about dry socket. Since I have a humidifier in my machine and Sometimes depending on the weather I wake up dry. My dentists said to go ahead and use it. But he isn't an apnea expert. I consulted at the sleep study center they said 3-4 days without my machine will make me tired. But it's better then ending up with dry socket.