Quatro Fx

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BillH

Quatro Fx

Post by BillH » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:09 am

Anyone tried the Quarto FX yet ? I used one for one night, so far, not good results. The rigid plastic pieces that secure the head gear dig into my face. Very uncomfortable, may be going back.

builta

Re: Quatro Fx

Post by builta » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:19 am

Hi,

Who sized you for the FX? I know that the size for FX is different for many people then the size for the Quattro.

Read this thread:
viewtopic/t59062/Quattro-FX--Please-pos ... on-it.html

Cheers!

bayourest

Post by bayourest » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:26 am

I have used the quattro FX for about 4-5 weeks. I really like it. The rigid arms on the sides are angled away from your face so if they are digging in I think you definitely have the wrong size. If they are bothering you when you sleep on your side perhaps you need strap liners. Padacheek makes liners for quattro FX and maybe strap liners too. I for one am liking this mask better than the ultra mirage or the mirage. I have a liner from padacheek that helps a lot with overall comfort.

jameslv-nv

Post by jameslv-nv » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:41 pm

bayourest wrote:I have used the quattro FX for about 4-5 weeks. I really like it. The rigid arms on the sides are angled away from your face so if they are digging in I think you definitely have the wrong size. If they are bothering you when you sleep on your side perhaps you need strap liners. Padacheek makes liners for quattro FX and maybe strap liners too. I for one am liking this mask better than the ultra mirage or the mirage. I have a liner from padacheek that helps a lot with overall comfort.
So happy to see your response as I just ordered my first mask and chose Q-FX because it's one of the few mask for active sleepers. I also have allergies and based on my research here, along with so many helpful people on this board, a full face mask was where I should start.

Unfortunately I ordered a large, not knowing my size because I'm uninsured, but using the measurement tool that came with mask I need a medium. I was hoping to put my machine to use on Friday when I got it but I realize the mask fit is very important so I sent it right back.

I was very happy with cpap.com and their customers service. I ordered insurance for my mask and they were so friendly and helpful in getting me my return lable so I could fedx the mask back to get the medium. I almost was going to try the large as it fell just slightly below the indentation on my chin but the med based on the tool should be a perfect fit.

I also ordered the stap liners as I have sensitive skin so hoping those will help.

Hope the poster gets his mask worked out as I know how important it is to therapy.

James

BillH

Post by BillH » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:18 pm

When you open the bag the mask is in, you have to open the bag with the plastic fitting fixture first. It indicated my size at Medium, which is what I have so I know it's the proper fit. I am going to give it another few nights.

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi BillH,
It could be that you require a large headgear instead of the medium that the mask comes with. The side arms should not be digging into your face.

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm

I had a problem like that at the point that bottom straps attach. Prior to the FX I used the Mirage quatro. I took the strap covers purchased from padacheek and am able to pull them down and passed the attachment point. No more marks.Best mask that I can
find for me.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Here is a 16 page thread on the FX - many say the sizes run small.

viewtopic/t59062/Quattro-FX--Please-pos ... on-it.html

BillH

Post by BillH » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:39 am

Gave up on it. Used it four nights, found the mask to be very uncomfortable. The deal was sealed when I saw that at 11:00 AM I still had headgear lines on my face. Exchanged it with a FlexiFit 432. The FX did improve my leak numbers, but I just couldn't get around how uncomfortable it was.