Need some help with Oximeter and Windows 7

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pulseoxstore

Need some help with Oximeter and Windows 7

Post by pulseoxstore » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Hi,
I have been having several customers from pulseoxstore who have had issues with getting their oximeters to connect to Windows 7 computers. I am still running Vista and Contec's software works fine. I have had 5 customers in the last few weeks who cannot get their oximeter to connect to Windows 7. I tried uploading one to a computer with Windows 7 over the weekend and had the same results. The software is fine on the computer, but when I try to upload data, the software simply says "no device found". I have other customers who said that it works fine on Windows 7. Does anyone have any tips for me and my customers? I have tried with a CMS-50E and CMS-50F.
Thanks for any help,
Kevin

Lizistired

Re: Need some help with Oximeter and Windows 7

Post by Lizistired » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Kevin, Is there a new version of the software and you have to use the old one on Windows 7? I think I read that and will see if I can find the thread.

Lizistired

Post by Lizistired » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:41 pm

I think the thread I was thinking about was a problem with the wireless adapter.

Another thought. Are they using the correct USB cable. It's not a Windows 7 issue specifically, but I have a 50H and a 50F and the cables are not interchangeable. Wrong cable and I get No device found/connected, whatever.

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I have talked with Contec and they tell me that the SPO2 assistant software is the version to use with Windows 7 but it will not recognize the oximeter either. Ive been working with my rep from Contec to no avail. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:11 pm

Suggestion: try installing as administrator instead of as a normal user.

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.

nmevan

Post by nmevan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:56 pm

hello

I had a similar problem with my SPO 7500 oximeter

you might be missing the driver...it did not come with my software package

I turned off the antivirus on my pc when I loaded the software ...and I kept the antivirus off in order to download the driver that I needed off the internet

also...when you either upload info to your computer or delete the info on your oximeter, your oximeter has to be set to "CN" or "connected"...at least on mine

one more thing...when you are setting up a new study, whatever name or info you are calling your study has to be all one word...no spaces...at least on mine

good luck

evan

Last edited by nmevan on Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:58 am

When I received my oximeter (50F - from you btw - excellent service!) my 64 bit Windows 7 machine, using SpO2 Review 1 would not see the oximeter. I reduced the number of USB items plugged in the machine and tried again, and SpO2 Review saw the oximeter.

It shows up as com5 in Review. I guessed that the program was only looking at a couple of com ports, and when I had multiple items plugged in, the computer was assigning a higher com port to the oximeter than the program was looking for.

Hope this works for you!

-Bill

JayR_1945

Post by JayR_1945 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:46 am

Where were you guys when I was having a -problem?
See my post here.

The folks at SouthEastern Medical have a few more grey hairs by now.

For my Win 7 desktop and Xp Netbook, the V2.0 SpO2 assistant software worked and V1.2 did not.
This is to upload via the USB cable. I haven't tried the bluetooth yet.
V2.0 uninstalls the real old V1.0 software and there was something about USB UART bridge when installing to my Netbook.

So, this matoor Systems Engineer is happier than a pig in piggy doo.
The adjustment to the weathered nut behind the keyboard had no effect.
I was getting ready to try one of the more advanced techniques developed by one of the senior mentors in my career: the Wizzard in the comic strip Shoe:
If all else fails, sacrifice a goat and leave the entrails over the keyboard.
Jay R.
I am a Systems Engineer/Researcher, and Navy Veteran/ I am not a doctor. All of my suggestions are from my own experience and research. For medical advice, talk to your health care professional. They are good people and could use the work.

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 pm

Thank you everyone for your input. I will have a link to the new software on the site as soon as Contec can get it to me. Instead of trying to communicate with the manufacturer, I should have come to CPAP talk first.

Don_G

Post by Don_G » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:49 pm

Does anybody have a link to the SPO2 Assistant V2.0 SW? My CMS-50E came today with V1.0, and it will not work on my Win7 machine. My XP machine detects the unit, but will not connect. It wants a PIN. Any help appreciated.

djr1215

Post by djr1215 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 am

I assumed it must be the 64-bit v 32-bit issue like with the EncoreViewer and other software, so I didn't bother asking. (I have CMS50H.)
I'll be watching to see if this gets fixed.

djr1215

Post by djr1215 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:01 am

My problem might be that I'm using the wrong USB cord. I think it's the right one but I can't be sure after 2 moves. When I plug the USB cord in the unit and then plug it into the computer, my oximeter turns off - "Bye-bye".
The writing on the cord says E210567 AVM STYLE 2725 60 C 30V KAIBO
Can somebody tell me if that's the right cord?

cortez356

Post by cortez356 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:33 pm

If anyone here has an SPO 7500 and is having trouble with Windows 7 they now have a new version of the software that is supposed to work. My original copy would not work in either Vista or W7. They sent me new software in February. It works on my Laptop with W7 but not on the desktop that was upgraded from Vista. I am getting the latest version which is supposed to address multiple problems. The tech people at SPO have always been good to me.

Bob

pulseoxstore

Post by pulseoxstore » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:12 pm

Hi,
djr1215, That is the correct cord. Your issue may be the same software version. Thanks to Jay R, I have the version 2.0 now. I am going to do some experimenting with it and will have it posted on my website very soon if all goes well with it.
Thanks again.

JayR_1945

Post by JayR_1945 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:26 am

Don_G wrote:Does anybody have a link to the SPO2 Assistant V2.0 SW? My CMS-50E came today with V1.0, and it will not work on my Win7 machine. My XP machine detects the unit, but will not connect. It wants a PIN. Any help appreciated.
Don_G
My first recommendation is that you ping on your supplier to send you the V2.0 software.
That way you will be sure you have a good, validated copy from ConTec.
But if you send me your e-mail address via PM, I will send you a copy of my V2.0 software for diagnostic purposes and to get you going. It's about a 6 Mb file.

The PIN is unique to the Bluetooth feature that would normally be used during the "espial" (real time) mode. But the ConTec CMS-50EW still doesn't need the PIN. Simply C/R past it.

The SpO2 assistant does have a "Help" feature from the menu line. It brings up a PDF of the technical manual. But unless you are conversant in Chinglish, it's still not much help.
Jay R.
I am a Systems Engineer/Researcher, and Navy Veteran/ I am not a doctor. All of my suggestions are from my own experience and research. For medical advice, talk to your health care professional. They are good people and could use the work.