Data continuity when changing machines

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JDS74

Data continuity when changing machines

Post by JDS74 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:48 pm

I have just switched from a version 1.24 Respironics System One Auto to a version 2.1 Respironics System One Auto.
When I download the data to Encore Viewer 2.0, the software creates a new data range. I can no longer get a report that spans the change-over date.

Anyone know how to fix that outside of Encore Pro?

After I get this first week done, the 5-day window reports that I like to look at will be fine. It's just the one time period that covers two machines.

PS my first machine is off for repairs.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

Wulfman

Re: Data continuity when changing machines

Post by Wulfman » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:58 pm

It sounds like you didn't transfer your data card to the "new" machine.

Short answer "No".
Actually, having Encore Pro probably wouldn't fix that problem either......if you didn't keep the memory card.

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm

See if you can get the original memory card back from your DME. Maybe you could transfer the last of your old data.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:06 pm

I carefully transfer the data each day after I get up. Encore Viewer takes the data from the new machine and puts it into a separate time frame window. I can get access to all of the old data OR all of the new data for any single report.

Encore Pro puts all the data into a single file related to the patient. It whines a little after noticing the different machine serial numbers but then behaves. In that system I can get acess to all of the data from both machines as if it was a single machine.

It's a little awkward to do it that was. I was hoping that there was a way to blend the data within Encore 2.0 so I don't have to switch back and forth.

Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Yup, yup. No way do I give my sleep pros my data card. I bought an extra and altho my sleep docs staff person tried to give me some argument that she couldn't use the generic card, and was really ticked when I assured her it would work and then it did, it gave ME great pleasure. I suppose you could use the extra for yourself and the PR one for them .....

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Slinky wrote:
Yup, yup. No way do I give my sleep pros my data card. I bought an extra and altho my sleep docs staff person tried to give me some argument that she couldn't use the generic card, and was really ticked when I assured her it would work and then it did, it gave ME great pleasure.
My lovely DME just refused to run the reports from the generic card, kept it for three weeks and only mailed it back when I insisted.

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Eh, so use the generic card for you and let Miss Priss use the Respironics card.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.