Saw my sleep doc today

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kteague

Saw my sleep doc today

Post by kteague » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:46 pm

Made an appointment to see my sleep doc for the first time since last June. Had been having some issues with repeatedly having to open my mouth to inhale deeply when first masking up and laying down. I think however that it has more to do with my excessive fluid retention the past week or so. (Been very busy and didn't have a convenient time to take a water pill and deal with hours of urgency.) Got myself flushed out and it's better. They checked my machine and it's putting out as it should. Doc would like to do a current sleep study (can't believe it's been 3 years already since the last one). She liked how well my compliance and data looked, but is wondering why I'm still so sleepyheaded. Also, we are both wondering what my leg movements will look like while treated by the TENS Unit. It will be interesting to compare that to the multiple other studies while on meds for the movements. Haven't scheduled the study yet - working thru some coverage issues first. As much as I don't look forward to another study, I'm a bit geeked about seeing for real how the TENS is doing. Will report back when it happens.

jnk

Re: Saw my sleep doc today

Post by jnk » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:17 pm

kteague wrote:Made an appointment to see my sleep doc for the first time since last June. Had been having some issues with repeatedly having to open my mouth to inhale deeply when first masking up and laying down. I think however that it has more to do with my excessive fluid retention the past week or so. (Been very busy and didn't have a convenient time to take a water pill and deal with hours of urgency.) Got myself flushed out and it's better. They checked my machine and it's putting out as it should. Doc would like to do a current sleep study (can't believe it's been 3 years already since the last one). She liked how well my compliance and data looked, but is wondering why I'm still so sleepyheaded. Also, we are both wondering what my leg movements will look like while treated by the TENS Unit. It will be interesting to compare that to the multiple other studies while on meds for the movements. Haven't scheduled the study yet - working thru some coverage issues first. As much as I don't look forward to another study, I'm a bit geeked about seeing for real how the TENS is doing. Will report back when it happens.
I look forward to the results!

Bright Choice

Post by Bright Choice » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:18 pm

I have been thinking of you and wondering how the tens was working. Keep us updated. Hope you are doing well!

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 pm

woooo, Kathy. You're gonna get more data, more data, more data. And with TENS in the mix now!

How cool is that!?!

Hey, I'm looking forward to your study, whether you're looking forward to it or not!
Easy for me to say, of course!
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

gulfpearl

Post by gulfpearl » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:11 am

Kathy hope your coverage issues work out. We are anxiosly awaiting the results of your TENS experiment.May be you have found a better way than drugs to handle your PLMD. I hope you the best & keep us updated.

jbn3boys

Post by jbn3boys » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 am

Sounds like a good plan! I'm glad your doctor is in agreement with you.

(Glad I could share my thread title with you! )

aPAP for 4 months, Switched to BiPap, 2nd sleep study Feb 2011 Possible PLMD
to quote Madalot..."I'm an enigma"

KatieW

Post by KatieW » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:03 am

Looking forward to hearing your results Kathy.

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:17 am

A sleep sutdy with the TENS unit! How cool is that? Come to think of it, I fell asleep once with the TENS on, thinking I would take it off in a couple of hours, and didn't wake up until morning. Maybe I'll try it again this weekend.

Can't wait to see your results.

Bev

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1