420G Puritan Bennet

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
CPAPARTY

420G Puritan Bennet

Post by CPAPARTY » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Recently my 420G stopped working ,I tried to find a service company but could not find one. I researched the problem . I went to Craigs list and goy a 418g FOR 50.00
IT WORKS GREAT but it is the size of small shoe box. I want the compact 420G . I took it apart tested the board and could not find a glass fuse like the 418G has. I found out that it has 420G a fuse 3amp soldered on the board I went to Mar Vac a local electronic supply and got a 3 amp pico fuse and soldered onto the board. I now have power.
I got a E 7 error and this forum says it is a blower motor . The blower does not freely spin. I guess I will find a replacement somewhere. I will report how that goes.
Sunday I take another sleep study so my Med plan can give me a new one CPAP that is. I still would like to fix the 420G.

Wulfman

Re: 420G Puritan Bennet

Post by Wulfman » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:39 pm

You might check this auction link from time to time. I believe there were some listed on it recently.
Otherwise there are some listed that are probably better than the 420G. They seemed to have a history of blower problems.

http://www.cpapauction.com/browse-cpap. ... mToShow=30

Den
(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05