On BiPap ~3wks, now experiencing head, stomach, back aches

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
cflame1

Re: On BiPap ~3wks, now experiencing head, stomach, back aches

Post by cflame1 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:18 pm

Another option if you can't get it to work... is to ask for a trial of an auto bipap.

ryro327

Post by ryro327 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:00 am

I have a feeling that it may have been the tightness of the straps that did give me the horrible headaches on Tuesday.

I'm bringing this up b/c today when I took the mask off, my hand went across my head & there was a spot that really hurt. I started feeling around & it seems like I have something like a black & blue on my head & it's located right underneath where one of the straps typically lays. Is it possible for the straps to cause that? It's as if I bumped my head into something at that location b/c any pressure on it- hurts.

I spoke to my general doctor again & he also said that the OSA mimicing pheochromocytoma symptoms can be the cause of my problems. I hope they're right as in time it should resolve itself although how long is unknown.

I think this is something the medical community should really look into. People who are diagnosed w/ depression or anxiety (my overall diagnosis is current General Anxiety disorder GAD) which i find a bit strange as I don't have any particular stressors, should look into their sleep cycles & see if they have OSA. If so, that could be the answer instead of Anxiety & then being left to pop pills everyday.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:34 am

ryro327 wrote:I have a feeling that it may have been the tightness of the straps that did give me the horrible headaches on Tuesday.

I'm bringing this up b/c today when I took the mask off, my hand went across my head & there was a spot that really hurt. I started feeling around & it seems like I have something like a black & blue on my head & it's located right underneath where one of the straps typically lays. Is it possible for the straps to cause that? It's as if I bumped my head into something at that location b/c any pressure on it- hurts.
I would think it would be possible for the strap to cause a "bruise like" feeling under it, especially if it had been tight, laid on funny, or whatever. A person can bruise with just a fingertip pressure if conditions are right and pressure is enough and a person happens to bruise easily for some reason. If this persists might want to add some fleece to the straps as a covering to dissipate the pressure from the straps in that area.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ryro327

Post by ryro327 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:07 pm

Well I checked my AHI & it was quite high which makes sense as the mask shows high leakage- I adjusted the straps too loose. My stomach ache this morning wasn't as severe but still bad & the gas is still horrible....

Hopefully tonight I'll get better AHI #'s & we'll see how tomorrow morning is w. the stomach issues.

ryro327

Post by ryro327 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:05 pm

Well good news is that my problems are subsiding- I don't know if it had anything to do w/ the therapy or if it was just another "attack".

I'm leaning towards the pseudopheocycroma theory but who knows. My heart rate is still a bit high but that's usually the last thing to fall.

In terms of sleep, I'm doing well although I want to sleep longer!!! Before I started the therapy, I slept too long & would fall asleep all the time. Now it's like my body automatically wakes up after 5.5hrs of sleep- it's almost the same length every single night from what I've read in Encore/ from the data card.

Most morning like today, I woke up ~ 5:35 & I'm just like crap... I want to sleep longer- my alarm isn't set till 6:20, let me sleep just a bit longer but no... however hard I try I just can't fall back asleep- o well. At least the therapy is working, my AHI is <5 now typically 4.6, 4.7 somewhere around that.