Papillow

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
NancyAZ

Papillow

Post by NancyAZ » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:52 pm

I was all set to order the Papillow from cpap.com but I read some of the reviews on their website for the Papillow and many of the people said it was too hard and one person said it gave them a stiff neck. I had searched first on cpaptalk.com and many of you said it is a favorite and that is why I was set to order it. I have problems with my regular pillow making my Swift FX leak when I turn on my side. Before I spend $70 (with shipping), I'd like to hear whether or not it is too firm and what those of you who have purchased it think about it.. I already have problems with my neck getting stiff. I was hoping the Papillow would help solve a couple of problems (mask leak, not being able to turn on my side). Thank you.

Nancy

jazzer4

Re: Papillow

Post by jazzer4 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm

I just got one about 2 months ago.
I LOVE IT. No, it's not hard to me. Just perfect.
The shape helps with leaks. I'm very fussy about bedtime pillows, so I was hesitant but I'm so glad I got it.

In fact I'm visiting my sister for 10 days and trying to figure out if I have room in my suitcase for it.

Good Better Best, Never Let It Rest
Until The Good Is Better And The Better Is Best

sleepingatlast

Post by sleepingatlast » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:48 pm

I have the CPAP Pillow from Countour Products and love it. I was having a difficult time sleeping on my side with my regular pillow. I can't sleep without it now. We are traveling for 4 days and I am checking a bag instead of only using a carryon so that I can take my pillow.

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:16 pm

I am using a PaPillow. They deliberately overstuff it so that when you first get it, it seems a little too thick and slightly hard. But once you use it for a while the pillow flattens out to the right size and seems softer. The only thing I wish it had was increased thickness at the bottom of the pillow to support my neck, but I rolled up a small towel and placed it inside the bottom of the pillow case. Seems to work well enough. I just ordered the mini version for traveling.

ww

Post by ww » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:27 pm

I also have a pap pillow and like it. I also have a nice memory foam pillow (2 in a package from Costco) that works as well or better for sleeping on my side. The Pap Pillow works well for me sleeping on my back and the memory foam seems to work for both back and side with mask hanging over the side. YMMV.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:58 am

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/SleePA ... illow.html#

My husband also found the PapPillow too hard and too high so we use this one from cpap.com which is much softer and more pliable. We also used the memory foam contour pillows which were OK for side sleeping too.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:06 pm

I use the pappillow, and I found that it is too high for me. I have a partial herniated disc in my neck, so the pillow cocked my neck to where it was sore in the morning. That being said, it worked great as far as eliminating mask leaks due to pressure from a pillow. My situation is unique due to my blown disc... so my opinion don't count.... unless I stop you for speeding and I don't buy your excuse!

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:24 pm

trytryagain

Post by trytryagain » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:02 pm

MS Snuffleupagus, now you got me interested. The Contour cpappillow didn't work out for me. Go ahead and get it first and let me know! JK!

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:45 pm

trytryagain wrote:MS Snuffleupagus, now you got me interested. The Contour cpappillow didn't work out for me. Go ahead and get it first and let me know! JK!

napmaster

Post by napmaster » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:11 pm

Here's a picture link to the contour pillow I got at Costco. Mine was a single pillow for $20. Not two for $75. It's working well enough that I can't get myself to shell out the $50-60 for one of the others more specific to our situation. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgro ... 5*&topnav=
I think I'm using mine wrong though. Julie Andrews there has the big hump under her neck. I've been using the small one. That's probably why the pillow seems too thin. I will have to try it the other way.

plr66

Post by plr66 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:23 pm

Ditto Ms.Snuffleupagus and others above. I initially found the Papillow pretty firm, but just the right height for side sleeping, and perfect for every mask I have used (except perhaps, the hybrids). You can really work with it to use at just slightly different angles to be most effective. Yes it does get softer, but not so much that it collapses and needs to be replaced. So I personally applaud their having filled the pillow so well--great quality. And I like it so much that I too, bought the travel version. Hate to be without it. (Note: the travel version is not as high and not as firm, unfortunately!)
DeVilbiss IntelliPap Std Plus with Smartflex; Transcend miniCPAP & Everest2 w/humidifier & batt for travel. UltraMirage FFM; PadACheeks; PaPillow. Using straight CPAP at 13.0/passover humidifier. AHI consistently < 1.5. Began CPAP 9/4/08.

Ms.Snuffleupagus

Post by Ms.Snuffleupagus » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi napmaster,
I am gonna check out this pillow at the Costco near me. Looks good!