energy can my body keep up with my brain?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
desforsleep

energy can my body keep up with my brain?

Post by desforsleep » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 am

It seems my brain has a lot of energy now, but physically I can't keep up YET. Anyone else feel this way? I started a new job where I will be a lot more physically active and my muscles are sore all over. I am determined to become healthier since I have found what has had me feeling so bad. Probably should have had more baby steps involved here... LOL
Des

robysue

Re: energy can my body keep up with my brain?

Post by robysue » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:09 am

Significantly increasing physical activity can lead to muscle soreness even in people without OSA---particularly if you are using the sore muscles much more than you used to. For most people, the muscle soreness will start to abate as the muscles build their strength up through the exercise they are now getting.

mars

Re: energy can my body keep up with my brain?

Post by mars » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi desforsleep

I know what you mean.

One should be very careful to make sure the brain and the body are working together.

As we get older, our body can deteriorate. In particular, osteoporosis can be present, and us not know about it until something breaks, or we are aware that something has broken.

The mind can produce energy to allow us to do the most amazing things. But if the available muscle/bone strength is not there, then after we have done the deed, we may find that broken bones (especially the back) or damaged muscles may have occurred. The flow of energy that the brain can harness prevents us from feeling it at the time.

What robysue says is correct for all of us, but the brain/energy/strength imbalance can cause more serious problems if ignored.

cheers

Mars
for an an easier, cheaper and travel-easy sleep apnea treatment :D

http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t7020 ... rapy-.html