CPAP Pad (gel pad)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
msradar65

CPAP Pad (gel pad)

Post by msradar65 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:38 pm

I saw this in ebay. I went to their website to look at the product. Any our there tried this yet with full face mask?

http://www.cpapseal.com/
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

bayourest

Re: CPAP Pad (gel pad)

Post by bayourest » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:01 pm

i have never used it but i have used a nose pad that looks like similar material. That was ok and helped protect the bridge of my nose. I now use a padacheek liner and I no longer use a gel pad on my nose. it looks like it might be worth a try.

LoQ

Post by LoQ » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:24 pm

I would have tried that product except for the fact that they felt a need to put perfume in it.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:41 pm

It would be neat to see a hosehead users' conference where attendees could learn about the latest new products

GASPCON 2011!
Tonight and tonight only at the Georgia Dome...

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:50 pm

I've tried everything else to stop the constant mask leaks whenever I move my head. I've just ordered one of these even though they still do not have one for a nasal mask. I'll dig out a FFM and give it a shot. They do have a 15 day guarantee and I should know pretty much after one night if it will work and if I have any trouble with the scent. It looks as though it would be too thick to bend properly around my nose bridge and not hit me in the eyes.

But since no one else has tried it, I'll be the guinea pig!

Sleep Study Titrated to 19 cm H2O
Rotating between Activa and Softgel
11/2/07 RemStar M Series Auto with AFlex 14-17
10/17/08 BiPAP Auto SV 13/13-23, BPM Auto, AHI avg <1

DocWeezy

Post by DocWeezy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

I tried it for my Hybrid mask...they don't yet have a Hybrid gel pad out, so I tried a FF size, turning it sideways and cutting it down.

1. The guys on this site are very good. Even though the product didn't work for me and I couldn't return it because I had cut it up, they STILL refunded my money. Incredible customer service!

2. The material itself feels nice on the skin--cooling, kind of a liquid feel.

3. It is nice and soft!

4. The pad was thick, which might work for a FFM but it didn't work for the Hybrid. I can see where the thickness would be an advantage with a FFM because it would literally sit between the face and the mask.

4. The perfume is nasty, cloying and over-sweet. It is a rose scent, but not a nice one--it's very artificial (I love roses and grow a lot of them). No perfume would be better.

Just my experience. YMMV.

Weezy

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:55 pm

But they tell you to cut it up. See "How it works" #5. They better take it back after it's cut.

I am worried about the scent. I don't suppose there is any way to soak it out?

Portageegal

Post by Portageegal » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:36 am

I can't wait to try this. I am going to order it today.

snoozysue

Post by snoozysue » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 am

Hi OutaSync, how did you go?
I ordered one and it arrived last week. I was surprised at how sticky it was, it turned me off using it. I will wait until next weekend to try as I don't like to try anything new during the week due to work - I would hate to wake up and find my face had reacted to it in some way as 10 year old students can be very honest!

Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT

Post by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:18 am

Why is it scented? I hate scented stuff. Try this...I used an old cushion from my resmed quattro, cut a small strip from the cushion and used it on the bridge of my nose...it worked well...thin, flexible.

Last edited by Big Daddy RRT,RPSGT on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am on a life quest for the perfect night's sleep...Keep trying...Good sleep can blow!

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:31 am

SnoozySue, I haven't gotten mine, yet. Like you, I hope it comes on Friday so I can try it out on the weekend. Sticky might be a good thing, we'll see.

BigDaddy, what is a Resmed quarrell? I'm guessing they scented it to cover an even worse smell.

msradar65

Post by msradar65 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:12 am

I'm glad yo see some have tried it. I didn't want to waste my money. I am still contemplating if I will order one. I don't like the idea of the scent. However I like the idea of the conforming seal. I am going to order a Remzzz's sample pack and try that will my full face mask. I only use the full face occasionally. I think since spring has sprung here..my allergies are getting bad...so I will probably be using the full face mask a lot more.
Diagnosed 08/31/10. Titration 9/02/10. Started CPAP 11/01/10. Auto mode 10-15cm. Alternate mask GoLife for her. Back up mask Full-life full face w/Pad-a-cheek mask liner. Comtec CMS F50 wrist pulse oximeter. Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, Sleepyhead software

M.D.Hosehead

Post by M.D.Hosehead » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:04 am

I, too, have one on order. Fairly soon, this thread should have some useful reviews.

I don't know why they add scent to the thing; I'm hoping that, after it's on, the airflow will blow the scent away.

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:21 pm

I got my confirmation of shipment with the following note that will be of interest to all of you:

Please note the following: 1- When using the CPAP Seal Gel Cushion, it is important for a goodsealing to have at least 1 inch of the gel inside the mask boundaries fromall direction. This is instructions # 2 in “How it works” page on our website, which is the most important instruction.

2- Although original production used to have a Rose aroma embedded in thegel, the CPAP Seal Gel Cushion now has a minimal aroma and it is designedto fade away over days to weeks.

3- The CPAP Seal Gel Cushion is liberal in size to cover wide array ofmask types. You can cut the extra un-needed gel on the outside to get itaway from your eyes. Please note that if you cut the Gel Cushion, it WILLNOT affect the guarantee, as this is a personal health item and we cannotresell it and it has to be disposed anyway. All our Gel Cushions are brandnew.

4- If you have any question about your CPAP Seal Gel Cushion please don'thesitate to contact us by email or by phone. We respond to all inquirieswithin few hours.We also have a late night Customer Service shift as we get some inquiriesaround sleep time. So feel free to contact us at any time. If you contactus by phone at night and leave a message, please indicate what is thelatest time we can call you back. Without this information “latest time”,we will not be able to call you back for fear of disturbance. Howeveremails are answered at any time.

Good luck to you with your CPAP treatment. Customer ServiceCPAP Seal

OutaSync

Post by OutaSync » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Right now they only have the FFM seals, but they tell me that they will have other sizes in stock on March 15. By that time we should have some good feedback on this item.

Bev