New Intellipap - Noisy??!!!! Help, please!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Emilia

Re: New Intellipap - Noisy??!!!! Help, please!

Post by Emilia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:02 pm

Great news, tomandlu!! So happy you are finally getting a good night's sleep with your QUIET Intellipap!! Those others may have been old models that they upgraded via firmware and passed off as brand new. Did you notice how many hours were on them when you first got them? Not that it matters now..... you have a you shiny new one to love! Also, glad you were able to discuss your previous issues with DeVilbiss Marketing and get her input!

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

don56

Post by don56 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:30 pm

I am impressed with DeVilbiss Marketing for showing what customer service is all about. I will be checking out the Intellipap machine for my replacement in the near future.

Emilia

Post by Emilia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Cool...don56! If you get it and need the clinician's manual, PM me and I'll be happy to send it via email to you.

Yes, that blue eyed beauty is my cat! He is a seal point, bi-color Ragdoll. I adopted him in '08 from folks who could no longer care for him. He is a joy and makes me smile each and every day.

don56

Post by don56 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks Emilia......I will send you an email when I get one.

DreamDiver

Post by DreamDiver » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:16 pm

don56 wrote:I am impressed with DeVilbiss Marketing for showing what customer service is all about. I will be checking out the Intellipap machine for my replacement in the near future.
I'm impressed too. This venue is a force in the world of CPAP. Our interaction here does make a difference. Awesome. Thanks, DeVibliss Marketing.

remstarcpap

Post by remstarcpap » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I just purchased the Intelllipap Auto adjust from our host CPAP.com, and have the exact same problem. The machine is much noisier than I expected with the wheezing deep hum that changes on inhale and exhale, regardless of Smart flex settings. I use it with the humidifier, and noticed that it is much worse when using the humidifier than without. I put a call into CPAP.com and they confirmed that the machine shouldn't be noisy. I'll probably end up returning the machine to them and exchanging it for another one.

But there does appear to be some issues with these newer machines. I also am not terribly picky, but when the machine is significantly noisier than my very old but reliable Remstar tank model, there is something wrong.

Edit: I just tried the foam pad under the machine trick and it greatly lowered the noise, so it appears to be vibrational in nature, and echoes thru the bedside table top. Still wondering whether to return the machine.

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:05 pm

FWIW I have both an I'PAP and S9 Autoset. They're BOTH noisy when you put them on a hard surface. Anything like a nightstand acts like a soundboard and amplifies the sound. You really have to get the machine out of line-of-sight to your ear. I use a folded T-shirt on a chair next to the side of my bed and that fixed the problem for both machines.

snardo

Post by snardo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:09 pm

DeVilbiss Marketing wrote:We test all units at 10 meters and the device must achieve a 26 dBA level or better to be sold.
Not to get off topic, but 10 meters? Really? You do realize that sounds dissapates with distance, right? Those of you who run your machine ~30 feet away from your head, please raise your hand. *looks around* That's what I thought. I'd like to see the results of the same sound test at 5 feet which is a much more realistic distance at which you would expect to run a CPAP.

Having said all that, I was leaning strongly toward the Intellipap line for my next machine, but now I'm not so sure. Based on the experiences listed here, it sounds like they're not as quiet as the specs might suggest. Please feel free to weigh in as I am eager to hear more on either side of the story.

Slartybartfast

Post by Slartybartfast » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:16 pm

Yes, I saw that, too and figured it must be a misprint. At 10 meters there's no way anybody but a dog could hear it. It must be 1 meter.

I checked the specs on CPAP.com and it says the sound rating "... is the sound pressure in dB at 10cm pressure at a distance of 1 meter"

jimnsc

Post by jimnsc » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:53 pm

At the risk of sounding ugly I find it hard to believe this poster ever read any posts other than her own. Maybe whatever it is sitting on is amplifying any noise the unit may be making. Two on the same perch sounds funny to me. Mine is a month old and came from cpap.com, had been opened and set to my Rx just as Emilia reported. To do that they had to hear the unit. I personally cannot hear mine - only the noise of air movement the interface on my face makes. Thank you DeVilbiss Marketing for responding yet again. Not real sure those who should have, even noticed that you did.

abarris@comcast.net

Post by abarris@comcast.net » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:00 am

Just got the newest one last night, very loud with every breathe and machine was noisy. I have used DeVilbiss for 5 yrs. Its going back

Jack55

Post by Jack55 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 pm

I recently purchased the intellipap standard and it was noisy as heck. I sent it back and they gave me another one. Well I couldn't believe it when I set it up and tried it, it sounded just like the last one, when I inhaled it was like I was in a wind tunnel. I'm not a picky person but I dare anyone to try and fall asleep with that racket going on. So now I have to send the second one back and I think I'll just get a refund until I can figure out which brand to buy. Disappointed in British Columbia.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:34 pm

Well I'm in NB and on my second IP auto... they're very quiet... maybe your noise is from the hose connection, the humidifier hook-up, etc etc.

Jack55

Post by Jack55 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:48 pm

I've been using a cpap for about 5 years, believe me I have checked everywhere it could possibly leak at least five times over. My last one was a resmed airsense 10 but it quit working so I thought I would try a Devilbiss because it had good reviews. Sadly the two I have tried were not usable due to excessive noise mostly when inhaling .

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:55 am

Take it back and get another Resmed Autoset